• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Any news on a third version, yet?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    Have there been any announcements concerning a third version of the Fourth Generation, yet? After FR/LG ended up with only two, I'm starting to wonder if they'll abandon the "special edition" format.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    well, i wouldnt know what they could actually add.. so no idea

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    No, there are no news or pictures on an official third version to the D/P series. Expect some news probably in the Fall or next year?

centi

Gundam Pilot Reporting!
    Years
    on the pokemon global trade station plus website, they think its going to be Opal not Coral, but its just a thought, it shows the box there too.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    There is no news on a Special Edition of the 4th gen games yet, but is talk about a gold/silver remake. Obviously an official one, none of these ShinyGold hacks (no offense to that hack, 'tis a great one! :>)

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    No there isn't. Either stop making things up, or stop listening to stupid people. There's no talk of there being a G/S remake- only wild rumors.

Man, yes there is. No need to get hostile dude. Why would I lie to him, or you? I don't even know you guys! I visited a forum a while back (i'll check my history if you really insist) and they were discussing it. I don't know if it was real or not, but they had screenshots (only 2 :P) and everything. Yes, i know what your thinking. "HACK!". Maybe, but they were discussing that too. How they found was because the screenshots of a Chickorita had "Johto" as where it came from.

Anyways, I answered his question to the best of my knowledge...I'm sorry if I'm not perfect, like you *obviously* are, airconditioning (wow, i looked up to you before, too).

Bug_Master

The Versitile Catcher
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2008
    The third game is usually just a gimmick for more money anyway, Yes Crystal and Emerald where good additions, but they weren't even close to necessary to create. What I and probably all of you would like to see in the future of Pokemon is G/S remakes for the DS. (Not to mention my gamepacks or g/s dont work anymore because of that infernal internal clock, have to play on emulators)

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I didn't say you were lying. I said you might be lying. There's a difference. Also, don't say things that are obviously wrong when your only source is a discussion on how there might be a G/S remake that you vaguely remember. Also, everyone knows about the "Chikorita from Johto" screenshot- it's the main reason why there's so much speculation about a G/S remake in the first place.

I'm sorry if I'm not perfect, like you *obviously* are, airconditioning

Damn right I am.
    Any news on a third version, yet?

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Chances are the next D/P game will probably be called Opal or Berlitz, though we gone through those theories so much, it's not worth bothering with names anymore. Just that it'll deal with another legend, and extra features that end up forcing us to get it to complete the Pokedex w/o Fire Red/Leaf Green.

There is no news on a Special Edition of the 4th gen games yet, but is talk about a gold/silver remake.

There's no official news on a G/S/C remake.

Motsuko Live said:
    ow they found was because the screenshots of a Chickorita had "Johto" as where it came from.

Yea, just about everyone knows that there's data that allows Pokemon to be from Johto in D/P. That is what started all this hype of a G/S/C remake.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Actually, it's not Berlitz. That's the last name of the character from Special- her first name will likely be the name of the new game.

But yeah, my money's on Opal.

Bug_Master

The Versitile Catcher
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2008
    Everything I can find on pokemon platinum, is that its a computer based G/S/C remake, not like its an official game, just a bunch of people and fans are making it. -SO- there is no official remake for G/S/C -AND- none so for D/P third game either. =>lame

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    i say there is news
    what was up with that giratina attack form
    ill get a link in alittle bit
    Edit:https://serebii.net/archive/February-2008.shtml

That "Attack" form is actually, the "origin" form, which will debut inthe 11th Pokémon movie: Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin.

It uses that form when it travels in between dimensions. And I'm still hoping for the GS remakes.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Lets just say were not going to get any news from Nintendo unless we are 3 months or something from the release date. Nintendo is one of the most cryptic companies in the world (especially Nintendo of America). They will neither deny or confirm rumors...

Back