• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Pokemon Episodes or moments that made you tear up?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I cried in the episodes "Bye Bye Butterfree" and "Pikachu's Goodbye" when they first aired XD I also cried when I rewatched "Bye Bye Butterfree" 2 years ago XD Nothing else in Pokemon has ever made me cry or really be sad, except for Chimchar which made me kind of sad.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    I cried when Ash was hit by Mew and Mewtwo's blasts,cause Pikachu cried.
    And when Lapras left.
    so sad......:(

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    When Jesse and James let Weezing and Arbok go, I was crushed

The Butterfree going, come on how can you not be touched by that?

What got me them most and I still get kind of sad thinking about it was when Misty left, she was with Ash through all his ups and downs and she was a great character.

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
    Years
    I cried. Like, actually had tears on my face, when Team Rocket released Arbok and Weezing. That was the biggest one for me.

With Ash I've never felt anything, because he does it so often. Moron needs to stop leaving his Pokemon all over the place.

Akatsuki

Ohai There!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2009
    When Pidgeot was released. I as like...o.o'...:'(. It was so sad. XD

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    No, none that I can remember. The one scene is Pokémon Heroes was slightly sad, but nothing really made me 'tear up'.

Yeah, I know, I'm just so~ insensitive. ¬_¬"​

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
    Years
    I thought of another one.

In the Pokemon Chronicles episode "Training Daze," I got sad when James let himself fall off that cliff to save Jessie and Meowth. I don't think I actually cried, though. It was just kind of touching.

Years
    Not really in the show, well probably I have, and I can rember crying at Pokemon episodes, I just cant remeber em (tho I did tear up when James left his Chimecho). It was the first Pokemon Movie, when Ash died. I actually bawled my eyes out, and i still do!

Years
    I think a lot of the scenes where the trainers have to leave their Pokemon were really sad. It's just an emotional attachment and having to part with them is always tough. Like losing a best friend or so.

The most sad for me was still Bye Bye Butterfree I think, the way it was done was really awesome. I can't help getting a lump in my throat and tearing up at that scene, no matter many times I watch it.

Call me a wuss if you want :<

Years
    The episode were Ash starting crying when he was going to leave Pikachu, such a long time ago. And obviously the first movie when Ash died (but really, half or more of the theatre started as well :P)

Years
    Pikachu's Goodbye mainly because it very sad and, when Misty left don't get me wrong, May and Dawn are hot and there characters are alright but, it would of been better if they kept Misty IMO she had the best character, instead of introducing the girls from the games.

Personally when the anime start with the 5th generation, I hope Misty returns but, I really doubt it going to happen. :(

Last edited:

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
    I don't cry very easily, but I know I came close with the first movie(basically everyone agrees on that), when Ash released Butterfree, and worst of all, the one where Misty leaves. Especially since it felt rushed. Well, to me it did. Also, I almost cried when I realized Misty probably wasn't coming back as a main character, and when the voice actors were changed. I have long since decided I'm not watched Diamond and Pearl, and I probably won't watch season 9(I might, just to have finished watching the Hoenn region.) The only episodes I've ever watched with the new voice actors have been incredibly disappointing.

Back