• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any Pokemon you're surprised you don't have?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I haven't seen Bulbasaur, Ekans, Sandshrew, Clefairy, Diglett, Growlithe, Machop, Tentacool, Geodude, Ponyta, Magnemite, Doduo, Grimer, Onix, Voltorb or Rhyhorn spawn in my neighborhood.

I actually saw an Ekans for the first time today on the nearby map and it was miles and miles away from my neighborhood.

Other's like Vulpix, Mankey, Charmander and Abra have spawned once in my neighborhood. Definitely random spawns and not nests.

I have seen some others on the nearby map but none ever spawned including Cubone, Electabuzz, Pinsir, Dratini, Dragonair, Vaporeon, Snorlax, Golduck and Lapras. Most of these were before the update so they may not have actually existed.

I've only seen 7 fully evolved Pokémon spawn in my town, Pidgeot, Venomoth, Raticate, Beedrill, Kingler, Hypno and Nidoqueen.

Some of the more uncommon Pokémon include both Nidoran's, Oddish, Jigglypuff, Poliwag and Exeggcute. Zubat and Gastly are a little more common but not as common as Rattata and Pidgey.

A lot of Pokémon I'm just hoping to find in the wild eventually including evolved Pokémon, or from eggs. But at this point I'd rather get an Ekans in an egg then find an Arbok in the wild, since the odds of hatching 20 Ekans is probably not great. And the odds of finding 20 Ekans in the wild is 0.

Last edited:

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Charmander. Bunch of Bulbasaurs, and Squirtles all over my area but not once have I gotten a Charmander! I should've never picked Bulba as my starter then -.- Also the only Venonat I ever ran into, got away cuz stupid cp 34 pokemon takes 6 pokeballs to catch and I ran into at the end of my walk and only had 2-3 pokeballs left iirc.

Years
  • Funny to see how many people are struggling with Charmander haha. I feel like I'm finding Squirtle all over the place and Bulbasaur are also pretty common to hear about on this forum but only one person from memory has spoken about finding a lot of Charmander and that's because she has a nest near her. Think they're a lot rarer than the other starters or just need a very specific biome?

Clefairy usually spawn by the truck load in shopping centres/town centres - what kind of area are you looking in?

With Charmander, I think the biome is one that just not that many people live in. *shrug* So unless you have a nest nearby, it's not going to be easy.

Clefairy in my area have a nest around a large monument. I don't know if that's intentional, but it's cool now that I think about it...

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I honestly cant find a Geodude for my life. Granted im only level 15 but still ive seen most pokes others have seen and all of my friends have caught atleast 3 geodudes xD

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
    Years
  • I haven't caught or obtained a Drowzee yet.
    Are Drowzee more common in Europe than in the US?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    My most seen
    1- Pidgey (425)
    2- Rattata (305)
    3- Weedle (291)
    4- Drowzee (167)
    5- Spearow (108)

Drowzee are everywhere around where i live, even more common than Spearow and Caterpie (Zubat is only not on this list because i never bother to catch them)

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    Hey all,

I'm level 16, never saw a Bulbasaur, never caught a Charmander (due to a glitch) and only have my starting Squirtle.
    Pretty sad, there don't seem to be many starters around in here.

Kind Regards,
    DigitalFlow

Years
  • Just looked through my Pokedex, and I'm kind of surprised I haven't come across a Grimer or Tangela yet. I know I've seen both of them on the nearby Pokemon radar, but I guess I just never ran into them.

Other than those two, most of the other Pokemon that I haven't seen yet are either somewhat rare, or just evolutions of Pokemon that I don't have enough candy for yet.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • We used to have a Charmaner nest somewhat nearby (40mins ish) but the stupid update made them a hour further. Clefairys seem to random, seen them on a walking trail, but I guess I see them semi more often at our capital.

I still have not found a dang ekans and I see people nearby with them.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Same for me with Charmander. The starters I've got are 4 Bulbasaurs, 5 Squirtles and a CP64 Wartortle. Encountered a Charmander once whilst on holiday in Scotland 2 weeks ago but after breaking out of 26 pokeballs and 10 great balls, and wasting 16 razz berries, it ****ing fled!! >:(

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2016
    Before playing i already planned on owning a Golem cause its one of my favorites in first gen.

Lv 20 now and I dont even have 1 geodude yet

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    I've been playing Pokemon Nameless FireRed for about 3 weeks now and I still haven't encountered a freaking Abra... like, what the crap, that should be obnoxiously common yet I haven't even seen one yet.

As for other games, here's a small list:

Pokemon Go - Pidgey (no idea why, but I haven't been able to find one)
    Pokemon ORAS - Meowth (Mareep, also unable to find one for some reason)

Back