• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Anybody enjoy the GBA generation to the DS generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylonica

Silence...Who needs it!?
Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2011
    IMO the GBA Pokemon games were much more enjoyable.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • GBA generation as in the 3rd generation? The only games I can think of is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue, Pokemon Dash, Pokemon Trozei and Pokemon Ranger. I like the 3rd generation games on the Nintendo DS. I really don't get the point of this thread =/

:t354:TG

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Are you asking if we enjoyed Gen III more than Gen IV and Gen V? I guess I did. I just found the GBA generation to be fun, especially with the main series. Sure, I couldn't transfer a lot of my Pokemon from Crystal, but I liked the first remakes. And this generation's Battle Frontier is my favorite.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2012
    I enjoyed both DS and GBA genrations, but I like the simplicity of the GBA games. But I can't wait for them to remake R/S/E for DS, because that will be awesome.

Nylonica

Silence...Who needs it!?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2011
    Yeah, I meant Gen III. I really liked the visuals. They had good art direction and made great use of the GBA's poor hardware.

Markichuuuuu

YouTube LP'er :3
    Years
  • I was thinking about it, and one thing about the graphics I did like about RSE over D/P/P was the use of 60 FPS instead of 30. I can really see the difference.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    To be honest, I liked the DS games over the GBA ones
    The fifth generation along with the fourth (the wireless generations if you may) brought much more freedom and capabilities than the GBA games
    Also, I thought that some parts on RSE and FR/LG were unnecessary like there was too many Team Blank action

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • In my opinion, the GBA games were the best out of the entire Pokemon series but that's just because I love Emerald so much : D

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Wouldn't really compare the two since I enjoyed both, but if I really had to choose it wouldn't be between the two, I'd pick the GBC generation. ^__^

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I prefer Emerald to all of the Gen IV games as I feel that the Pokemon and region was better. I will admit that I prefer White over Emerald, although only just.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I prefer Leaf Green to all of the 4th gen games except for Platinum (I would judge Leaf Green and Platinum as tied for best Pokemon game). But the Hoenn Pokemon games, I would rank far, far worse than the 4th gen games. Blame it on the water.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    i loved 3rd gen. but when i saw the graphics on 4th gen, it looks similar so i loved it too.
    and plus, my 3rd gen games can be transfered to 4th gen, so i know that the pokes i had wont be wasted!

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    I love Gen 3. But I really love all the extras you can do after beating the Elite Four in Platinum, so I'd say those two tie. But I'd say emerald slays both Diamond / Pearl in terms of fun for me. Plus secret bases >>>>>>>> Underground.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    I haven't played any of the DS games but from what I've seen, I like the graphics a lot better on the GBA even

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • IMO, I liked fourth gen better than third gen. For me, Hoenn is the least enjoyable of the generations.and i am biased since Platinum is my most favorite game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back