• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anybody here collect non-TCG cards?

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Like the Meiji cards, Topsun cards, Bandai carddass cards, Topps, etc?

I'm about to purchase a few 1998 first movie Meiji cards- which are some of my all-time favorite cards that I've wanted since I was about 8 or so. One of my other big-want sets is the 1997 Bandai Carddass File card set- it's pretty hard to find individual cards, though. :I

What about you guys?

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
    1997 nice i have lots of wizards of the cost cards if thts what u mean by non-tcg {cuz wizards of the cost dont make pokemon cards anymore :P}

Years
    1997 nice i have lots of wizards of the cost cards if thts what u mean by non-tcg {cuz wizards of the cost dont make pokemon cards anymore :P}

Those Wizards cards are still considered a part of the TCG, since that's what the TCG consisted of in English and in most other languages. In fact, Wizards wasn't the first company to print those cards. Media Factory printed the original Japanese cards for the TCG.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    What are these Meji cards and Topps cards? Can you guys post pics?

I've lots of non-TCG Pokémon cards. The one that you get with snacks.

Not sure they're official or not, but the production company did took permission from Nintendo.

Last edited:
    Years
    What are these Meji cards and Topps cards? Can you guys post pics?

I've lots of non-TCG Pokémon cards. The one that you get with snacks.

Not sure they're official or not, but the production company did took permission from Nintendo.

They're official product, but they're not a part of the core TCG. What brand did they come from?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    They're official product, but they're not a part of the core TCG. What brand did they come from?

Frito-Lay. Earlier it gave tazos (pogs) of pokemon. then they started jenga cards. Looking at how much this increased sales, other companies like britannia and kissan also started giving pokemon cards. they called it diamond cards, and there were some hologram cards too, that showed entire evolution of pokemon. but the latter ones never got so popular as the frito-lay ones went. we all were crazy for them, carrying them everywhere, trading all day...it was fun!

Last edited:
    Years
    Frito-Lay. Earlier it gave tazos (pogs) of pokemon. then they started jenga cards. Looking at how much this increased sales, other companies like britannia and kissan also started giving pokemon cards. they called it diamond cards, and there were some hologram cards too, that showed entire evolution of pokemon. but the latter ones never got so popular as the frito-lay ones went. we all were crazy for them, carrying them everywhere, trading all day...it was fun!

They're probably not worth much now unless you have the whole set, but you could probably look around and find the missing ones from the set for peanuts. Not sure how many people are actually going to be seeking those, though.

Back