• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anyone else think lucaro isn't a legandary

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    Rukario - Moves

Trust me dude... Rukario IS a Legendary if he wasn't I doubt he'd be the main Pokemon of the 8th Movie... Because the main Pokemon of each Movie is ALWAYS a Legendary.
    Today 07:11 PM

Hey has anyone seen said movie and if they have what moves did Rukario use in the movie just to give me a little idea of what he's cookin with?

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
    Years
  • Actually, I wondering about this. If the Pokemon on the box are like the Metal gen. and R/S/E, then they are legendary. That poses the question: Is Lucario legendary, and if so, then is it the Mewtwo/Rayquaza of D/P, or is it another Deoxys?

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2006
    i've been thinking he is not a legendary but no one seemed to agree but still the odd's do weigh because only two legendaries have been revealed so far and there's still a chance lucario ( forgive me if i spell it wrong ) could be a legendary just as much as he couldnt

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
  • He's probably a legendary (cause he got a starring role in the 8th movie), but I'm almost positive that he's not the Deoxys-type legendary, because I don't think he would have been revealed until the game's launch if he was. My guess is that he's a "legendary" that's not really legendary (ex: Gyarados, Arcanine, etc.)

Years
  • Just give it up people, he's a Legendary. Staring role in the 8th movie, is shapin' up to be either a.) the next Mewtwo, or b.) the next Deoxys, is based off of an egyptian GOD, and hes shapin' up to be in the same badass levels as the other legendaries. And its blatently obvious...

In regards to the move question, he uses some type of unamed wave attack called Hadō, which transalates into surge or wave, and according to a screen shot from D/P, he also knows Metal Claw. Aparently he can have two Pokemon Powers, one is Inner Focus, and the other unrevealed.

Also, someone already made this thread before.

Now to close with some sexy picks of my main man, Lucario.

Anyone else think lucaro isn't a legandary

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Maybe he's more like a Regi- kind of legendary--not as strong as the box legends, but still more powerful than normals.

As for the Mewtwo thing, Lucario's Steel/Fighting.................Mewtwo'll cream him.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    i dont think he is because i have seen him in loads of screens in battles and everything maybe he is a pokemon u accurie rather early in the game

Nor

Jesus Fanatic
    Years
  • Lucario is a legendary, sheesh. Now its more than ever known. People use the argument of his ability being Inner Focus. But now he also has his own ability, Humble Heart and people also used the argument that he knew Metal Claw, well now he has a special move of his own...Wave Guiding Bomb. Fighting Type. They will prolly have to change it tho, it is too long.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Okay, though I DO think that Lucario is legendary, I don't agree with some people's logic on it. Just because he was a star in a movie doesn't mean he's legendary. Movie three, though it focused a lot on Entei, was mainly about Unown. And Unown sucks. He's not legendary at all!

However, despite this, I do still believe that he'll be legendary. Maybe not quite Mewtwo/Deoxys/Mew status... Perhaps a new kind of legendary... one of a kind, but you can get him earlier... Something like that. Or maybe he's like a legendary dog, where he runs around to random locations... Or maybe like the birds where they stay in one place, but aren't quite Uber... Idunno.

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
    Years
  • someone1939 said:
    My guess is that he's a "legendary" that's not really legendary (ex: Gyarados, Arcanine, etc.)
    I agree, because:
    1. He has a gender! The only legendaries with genders were Lati@s(both), and they had to because the movie placed them as brother and sister.
    2. He can have EITHER Inner Focus or Humble Heart. Which legendary has two different abilities?

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
  • Awww... if I can see right, then I may have solved our little problem.

Check out this picture (originally posted by D-man on another thread):
    https://img152.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=93910_90462_6067_resize_395lo.jpg

Look closely where Lucario and the electric squirrel (I forgot his name already) are being traded (on the bottom screen of the DS Lite). There is a Pokeball in the top-left corner of the squirrel's box, and what I think is a Masterball in Lucario's box. Now, this COULD just be due to beta-ing and stuff like that, but if it's not... then that means Lucario was caught with a Masterball, and is probably a Mewtwo-like legendary... Dang. I hope I'm over-analyzing this.

Last edited:

Derrot

Arr...me be Derrot
    Years
  • He could be on a different plane from the traditional legendaries altogether... wouldn't it be cool if he was a rival that you encountered during your journey and had to defeat at the very very end of the game (kind of like Red in G/S/C) and then he joins your party ^^ 'Course it does kinda sound silly, though... and a little too easy.

I do think he is a legendary, though, most likely the "Mewtwo" of this generation. The "Mew" is probably Manaphy. I personally think Deoxys was just a bonus legendary thrown in for FireRed and LeafGreen, you know, so there would be at least one new Pokemon in those games. So I highly doubt Lucario can be compared to Deoxys.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    In other words. It both sided. He was in the movie but we know RARELY anything of how the game will be. So we don't know yet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Haji said:
    In other words. It both sided. He was in the movie but we know RARELY anything of how the game will be. So we don't know yet.

We know it has a gender. That's all the proof I need; Lucario, unfortunately, is NOT a Legendary.

Back