• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anyone else think lucaro isn't a legandary

Lil'Blaze

Rapper
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    someone1939 said:
    Awww... if I can see right, then I may have solved our little problem.

Check out this picture (originally posted by D-man on another thread):
    https://img152.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=93910_90462_6067_resize_395lo.jpg

Look closely where Lucario and the electric squirrel (I forgot his name already) are being traded (on the bottom screen of the DS Lite). There is a Pokeball in the top-left corner of the squirrel's box, and what I think is a Masterball in Lucario's box. Now, this COULD just be due to beta-ing and stuff like that, but if it's not... then that means Lucario was caught with a Masterball, and is probably a Mewtwo-like legendary... Dang. I hope I'm over-analyzing this.
    So what the eletric squirrel is a legend right if you look in the pic posted by someone1039 the squirrel has a gender to does this mean its not legendary too?

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    Lil'Blaze said:
    So what the eletric squirrel is a legend right if you look in the pic posted by someone1039 the squirrel has a gender to does this mean its not legendary too?

Uhm... the squirrel was never considered a legendary...

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    Since the starters are now believed to be Fight/Psy/Dark, perhaps Lucario is a starter? Perhaps he has other evolutions? Just a thought.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    Ichida said:
    Since the starters are now believed to be Fight/Psy/Dark, perhaps Lucario is a starter? Perhaps he has other evolutions? Just a thought.

Hmm... I think that Gamefreak would release all of the starters together, not just one of them at a time.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I can see where you guys can think he isn't a legendary and I begining to think the same but still I think Lucaro is legendary.

Still I don't think he is a starter because he has two types that are suppost to be starter types. They won't give the starter type another type of the other starters. Makes no sense. Lucaro is Steel/Fighting. THe other two starter types are Fighting and Steel. He not a starter.

Mewtwo can beat Lucaro if he knew a Flamethrower but nobody would teach him that. Lucaro is protected from Mewtwo's psychic attack by his part Steel. No instant death by Mewtwo's Pyschic attack.

Gender? Latios and Latias have genders. Why not another one? He looks very manly. Also, the game isn't influance that much by the anime. The anime is influance by the game. There will be no anime without the game.

Also Lucaro is a Legendary because he has a legend. You kind of need a legend to be a legendary pokemon. Common sense. He is the Waveing Hero type pokemon. Yeah. That kind of say he is speacal and has a legend.

He may be the mewtwo of the D/P game but at a weaker level.

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I think that Lucaro is a legendary. I have to agree with most things what charizard_maa has said, Lucaro can't be a starter because of its type . I think Lucaro will be in the same level as mewtwo of having the same max base stats.

Derrot

Arr...me be Derrot
    Years
    Ichida said:

Hey, you could be right. Maybe Lucario is an evolution! It almost makes me afraid of what his base form would be *cough*Poocheyena rip-off*cough*

Closet Geek

the nerd inside us all
    Years
    If he is a legendary, then he'll probably be more like an Absol sort of thing, Absol was the star of one movie, wasn't it? What's the big deal with legendaries though, I personally don't think they're all that great. Anyways, I think it would be awesome to have fighting/dark/psychic starters, I've been waiting for them to switch it up a bit (although I do love my fire pokemon).

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    Closet Geek said:
    If he is a legendary, then he'll probably be more like an Absol sort of thing, Absol was the star of one movie, wasn't it? What's the big deal with legendaries though, I personally don't think they're all that great. Anyways, I think it would be awesome to have fighting/dark/psychic starters, I've been waiting for them to switch it up a bit (although I do love my fire pokemon).

That sounds about right.

But I like my grass starters more. XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    I'm thinking he's not because accoprding to most pics I've seen, he's male. He may just be a one-of-a-kind like the starters or castform. Or he may be like a Latios type thing

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
    Years
    ok after some new info on serebii.net i most definitely think he's a legendary.
    it gets bone rush, dunno why he gets it but he can stop boah cold.
    2. It gets a new attack called anticipate: if your opponent uses an attack move Lucario will attack first at 1.5x the power of the opponents attack. (I'd like to see this with taunt.)

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
    Years
    I have the shocking conclusion to this thread...
    Lucario does not exist! WTF?!

Message(#6851-000511-2387\5112387)

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

Although I would like to assist you, I have never heard of Lucario in any
    published Pokemon games. I even checked the Pokedex at www.pokemon.com, and no
    such Pokemon seems to exist. Nintendo excels at making sure our fans can get
    each Pokemon's statistics, power-ups, general locations, descriptions, and--most
    importantly--the information required to earn the badges and collect 'em all.
    This happens through Nintendo's website (www.nintendo.com), the official Pokemon
    video game website (www.pokemon-games.com), as well as Player's Guides and
    Nintendo Power magazine.

Having said that, there are details about Pokemon games that will remain
    mysteries, left to the active imagination of the player. You can share what you
    think with other like-minded fans at our forums
    (https://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo). There are a number of bulletin
    boards/forums which allow you to post questions and observations. You can also
    participate in online chats.

In order to use this feature of our site, you'll need a My Nintendo membership,
    but it's free and easy to get by going to the following address:

https://my.nintendo.com/cpp/mynintendo/myNintendo.do

If you have questions, please visit our FAQ page:

https://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/help_faq
    Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
    Sharon Matheny

Nintendo's home page: https://www.nintendo.com/
    Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

-----

Take our Survey! You have been chosen to participate in an e-mail quality
    survey. This should take less than 5 minutes. Please click here: <A
    href="https://www.nintendo.com/[email protected]

-----

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
    -----------------

Posted At: 10:36:31.000 07/24/2006
    Posted To: Nintendo <[email protected]>
    Subject: Webform: Nintendo DS > Other

Uhm hello to who is reading this.
    My name is Andries and i have this question wich has bothered me and alot of
    pokemon community groups.
    Right now alot of people are discussing wether or not the pokemon lucario is a
    legendary.
    So id like to ask: Is or isnt Lucario a legendary pokemon?
    Thanks and with kind regards
    Andries Nijboer

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    Don't expect Nintendo employees to know what they're doing.

Anyways, Lucario's attack, Anticipate, can work two ways. One way is insanely broken and ONLY fit for a legendary. The other is just really good, but not quite broken.

1) It anticipate's the opponent's attack and the damage it would cause and then does 50% more to the opponent. This would mean that Lucario could potentially anticipate a Super Effective Focus Punch (let's assume it would cause 300 damage) and deal that much damage plus some (450). That would make this pokemon absolutely godly, especially considering the current popularity of Dragon Dancers such as Tyranitar (who is completely screwed by Lucario's existance) and Salamence. If Anticipate works like this, than by no means is Lucario anything BUT a Legendary.

2) It anticipate's the opponent's attack and then deals 150% of the base damage damage. For example, if a Machamp aimed to use Cross Chop against Lucario, the latter would strike first dealing the damage equivalent to if it, itself, had used a Focus Punch. The attack, however, would be based off Lucario's own attack, not the attack of its opponent. This is a much less broken move, and the one I predict will happen. However, it is very strong, and I would hesitate to give it to a normal Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    The strongest weavile said:
    Lucario is NOT a legandery pokemon he is a STARTER Because people are saying that the starters are dark,psychic and fighting. lucario is the only fighting 4th generation pokemon we know.

......WRONG. VERY WRONG. They wouldn't make a movie based off of a starter, nor would they release one starter without releasing the other two.

AnDrOmAn: That's just because Lucario hasn't really been released into English nor has it been in a game, so it doesn't officially exist yet o.0...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    The strongest weavile said:
    Lucario is NOT a legandery pokemon he is a STARTER Because people are saying that the starters are dark,psychic and fighting. lucario is the only fighting 4th generation pokemon we know.
    You're right, it's the only fighting pokemon we know of. There are probably over 100 new pokemon we haven't seen yet, including the starters.
    EDIT: What I'm trying to say is that just because he's the same type as the starters are rumored to be doesn't mean that he is a starter.

Back