• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone have that moment when...

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    - Your younger sibling ruin your game
    - You can't find your Pokemon cartridge?
    - You beat the game and see your team in the ending credits after beating the Eiite Four?

My younger sibling had my Pokemon Soul Silver, and on that game I had gone to the Game Center, played for a long time just to get a Drantini in the Goldenrod City... I had that Drantini at level 76 or something, and my little sister played my game. She released it, and most of my legendaries.... I wanted to scream at her... I'm still angry.

Years
    Ugh... when we were much younger, my sister was begging me to play Pokemon Yellow, but I told her that she had to wait until I finished catching Mewtwo (not that it meant anything to her). Apparently at the time I didn't know that Master Balls had a perfect catch rate, because I remember being careful trying to whittle down its HP before throwing my Master Ball at it, and I obviously caught it. Right after that, I went to the Pokemon Center, saved the game, and handed my Game Boy to my sister without turning it off. About 20 minutes later, she hands it back to me, and tells me she doesn't know how to go back to my game, and runs off. Turns out, she saved right over it just minutes after my proudest gaming moment to that point, and didn't even care. Safe to say, I didn't let her touch another one of my games for at least 5 years, and that was only when I moved on from Gold to Sapphire.

And just a heads up Azuhime, I'm going to move this thread over to Pokemon Gaming Central, as this looks to be specifically about the games, and not the franchise as a whole.

MOVED.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
    - Your younger sibling ruin your game
    - You can't find your Pokemon cartridge?
    - You beat the game and see your team in the ending credits after beating the Eiite Four?

My younger sibling had my Pokemon Soul Silver, and on that game I had gone to the Game Center, played for a long time just to get a Drantini in the Goldenrod City... I had that Drantini at level 76 or something, and my little sister played my game. She released it, and most of my legendaries.... I wanted to scream at her... I'm still angry.

Yeah I have had my first lv. 100 Zapdos and lv. 100 Blastoise released from my Red cartridge by my younger sister.
    I yelled at her and then I was yelled at by my dad because "it's just a game".

Afterwards I did not lend her my precious game but eventually she was offered some GBC and Pokemon game so she played a bit... Then dropped and gave me her Pokemon Yellow and Silver.

Actually, even nowadays, I always know where my cartridge is, in case I want it to play.

And I like to beat the game and see the credits roll after E4 :3

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I always like finish the game and see the credit. had no sinister sibblings here since I have no twerps playing my Gen4 or Gen3 games :c

Years
    I let my little sister play with my LeafGreen game one day. Biggest mistake ever cause she started a new game and deleted my save file. I was pissed for a while cause I had 2 shinys.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    All sad stories... And thank you, Miss / Mister Mod. <3 But, yeah... I feel so happy when the end credits role and I see my pokemon in the PC and being registered... It's the happiest feeling in the world....

Edit Modtly because I know I trained them from being as low as level 2. That reminds me...

- That moment when your level 2 Zubat grows up to beat the Elite Four as a Crobat.

Last edited:
    Years
    Oh yes, I have had instances where I couldn't find my game cartridges before. I have lost more than one (an Emerald version, a Fire Red, and a Diamond version to name some), and while I was on vacation I almost ended up worrying that I forgot some of my extra DS games, like Soul Silver and one of my copies of Black 2, at the hotel we were staying in, but it turns out I never brought them with me at all (I left them at my parents' house before we went), which was a relief.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    So....

Younger sibling problem -
    It did happen, although it rarely does anymore. My younger brother does like pokemon. but he's not into it as much as I am. When he ruins it, he just starts crying and my mom gets annoyed by his cry, so she forces me to give him my game.He's like 5, so he can't really play the game properly.

Couldn't my cartridge -
    This happened to me only once, and I made sure it would only happen once. So one day, me and my family went on a vacation, and I obviously brought my pokemon games. I had fun and all, but on the day we were going to leave, I was playing pokemon. My mom told me to pack up so we can leave, so I left my game on a shelf. Guess what happened next. We were on a plane, and I wanted to play the game, but guess what? I had left in my grandmothers house. Yup. Worst day of my life.

Beat the game -
    Of course I beat the game, I mean who didn't? All my beat the game moments are pretty emotional. I don't just play pokemon to finish the game, I play it to have fun. The most memorable Hall of fame was probably the Platinum one.

Years
    I actually have the problem of not being able to find a cartridge right now. I wanted to take a look at my sapphire version the other night and it's not in the place it should be and now I wonder where it could have gone. I don't think I've played it anytime else in recent years to accidentally put it elsewhere. I'm baffled. Maybe I should just start cleaning and hope it'll pop up, I dunno.

I don't remember if it was my younger sister or one of her friends, but one of them did take my gold version and erase my game and start their own. I didn't have anything too special like level 100 pokemon or pokemon I'd trained intensively so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I'd actually gotten a bit attached to some of the pokemon I had been training. Yeah I was not happy at that happening whatsoever. You don't touch my stuff like that.

I don't know if I ever really stick around for the credits after that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe I've ever had my sister (who is my only sibling) ruin any Pokémon game for me, in any way.

However, there is a moment in which one of my friends had accidentally erased my save file in Ruby version. She's not much of a follower of this series, and had decided to give this title a shot by borrowing the cartridge from me for a couple of hours. While doing so, she wound up pressing "New Game" option so that she does not interfere with my existing save file, but unfortunately, this didn't seemed to have been of any help, as she erased my file either way by saving her new game (apparently, she wasn't paying attention to all those warning messages then, which had led her to the result).

As for not finding my game cartridge, this had happened to me on many occasion, definitely. It's an annoying experience, really. Once, I'd managed to lose my copy of Sapphire, which contained a few legendary Pokémon one of my other friends had given me. I was eventually able to find it, thankfully, but was kind of disappointing to have it lost in the first place.

Back