• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone here NOT like using "HM Slaves"?

Do you use "HM Slaves"?

• YES, I teach all HM's to 2 Pokemon.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • NO, I split HM's up amongst my team.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • I keep Pokemon with HM's in the PC until needed.

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
Years
Nope, I've never really used a lone HM slave. I prefer to simply use good HMs such as Surf among my party, and then have a couple Pokemon in my box learn a lot of HMs. There are times in the game, however, where I am far from a PC and am in need of, let's say, Rock Smash. In this situation, I would probably just teach the HM to one of my Pokemon instead of putting the effort into catching a Pokemon that may be able to learn it if I have space in my party or finding the nearest PC.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
I usually use two HM Pokémon on my team. One for flying, the other for surfing. They are normally lower level Pokémon that I don't usually use in battle. (Excluding my Crobat and Lapras in X.) I also keep a rock smash/ rock climb/ strength Pokémon in the box.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 2, 2022
I don't use HM slaves often. I mean, I'm not a Pokémon expert but HMs like Flying and Surf are actually pretty good attacks in my opinion and I have no problem with teaching my main team Pokémon these attacks.
Other moves like flash though I absolutely hate. I always try to get a subsitute Pokémon to teach flash to. It's just a useless move in battle in my opinion. I would never teach it a main team Pokémon if I have the choice. Luckily there is no flash in gen 6.
I don't like strength and waterfall either so sometimes I teach it a main team Pokémon and sometimes I get a HM slave for it.
It also depends on how often it's needed.

-- Matt

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2013
I just teach the HM's to whoever is on my team. I rarely ever use all 4 moves when battling, but then again I've never done any competitive battling. I hate having to go back to the Pokémon Center when I run into an area that I need a pokémon with an HM move to pass. I keep them all on my team for convenience. :)

Back