• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone here play any music instruments?

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Well, ive been looking where to put this for a while, in an hour or so i am gonna go record myself doing one of the A7X solo's (i will post here later so dont worry) and it went to my mind if someone over this forums plays an instrument which one?

Whats your skill?
    How long you've been playing?
    Are you planning to go pro or do it for living?
    Do you take class or are solo learner? (like me :P)

Well, ive been playing Guitar and Bass Guitar for 2 years now and ive also been learning alone (not as fast than with a teacher but until lately its been my only way to go atm D:) and i am most likely doing this for a living since its the only thing i can actually do right.

I am tutor for some children (im 17 so im allowed to give particular music classes) that are interested with learning, tho i don't know it all i just go with the basics and point them into the right direction to go after that they can either look for a better professor or with what i teach they can continue on their own (i teach how to read music properly, how to actually play the thing not like those bands (green day, simple plan, etc) that just do the SAME easy crap over and over again and sometimes they use the same chords on 2 songs and people wont even notice >.< Well, wen my course ends you are able to go form a band, jam with other players or even go on solo carrier, most of the stuff in music is leaned through experience in playing).

Well, with all this said i would like to know who plays in here and all that things i just mentioned above me...

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Not really.

I can play "I Dropped My Dolly In The Dirt" on the piano but that hardly counts. XD

Namine66

I give you a boot to the head!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    Hi
    I can play the acoustic guitar, i'm on Grade 3 now and i can also play the Clarinet which i'm on Grade 2 at the moment.
    I can read music for Guitar and Clarinet i don't know about any other instruments though.
    :)

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Why yes I do play music instruments, you wanna know what they are? Get ready!

1. Piano-8-9 years or so...
    2. Clarinet- 4 years
    3. Marimba- 3 years
    4. Vibraphone- 3 years
    5. Xylophone- 3 years
    6. Oboe- 1 year
    7. Drum set- 3 years, but I forgot a little...
    8. Violin- 1 year
    9. Guitar- 1 year, well I am teaching myself
    10. Snare drum- 1 year, for a little while

Yeah I'm done.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014

2. Clarinet- 4 years
    3. Marimba- 3 years
    4. Vibraphone- 3 years
    5. Xylophone- 3 years
    6. Oboe- 1 year
    8. Violin- 1 year

Yeah I'm done.

School band much?

Well, sorry i haven't got time to record the vid D: But i just got a new effect set which ive been drooling for like a GAS hehe, been testing it to see if it were just as i wanted AND IT IS!!!~ So i count get outta the guitar for quite a while just testing hahahahahha

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008

2. Clarinet- 4 years
    3. Marimba- 3 years
    4. Vibraphone- 3 years
    5. Xylophone- 3 years
    6. Oboe- 1 year
    8. Violin- 1 year

Yeah I'm done.

How the...hell..? O___O;;

I play 6-string elcetric guitar on some sucky fender strat i bought used about 3 years ago (been playing since then, but still not every good <_<), and keyboards.

Guitar I used to take lessons for, but I quit a while ago, and just started teaching myself through tabs I found online. Keyboard I self-taught, and never actually took lessons for, which would explain why i suck so badly :'D

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
  • 1. Vocals - studying it for about 10 years - multiple places.
    2. Bass - 4 years - dad taught me.
    3. Guitar - 2 1/2 years - dad taught me the basics for like two days.
    4. Piano - 1 year - mostly self-taught.
    5. Mandolin - six months - self-taught.
    6. Drums - five months - self-taught.

I'm a quick learner, so I'm decent at all of them. I'm only really good at vocals, guitar, and bass.
    I'm also hoping to start learning viola this summer.

Kaz.

CELTICS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS!
    Years
  • Snare Drum - 1 Year
    Bass Drum - 3 years, so far.

All in Middle/High School band. 1 year marching Bass (last year's season). That's sadly it.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • I used to play the Saxophone ._.

I played it for about 2 years, and then quit. I just go sick of it, i could play a fair bit of songs though.

Right now i want to try and learn the Electric guitar, but i have to learn acoustic first.

Tré

Raised by the bastards of 1969
    Years
  • well i play these instruments...
    drums---7 years< my major...xD sweet..
    guitars-- 5 years
    base--10 months
    piano--2 mos..< sucks
    i just learn by my self.... well i kinda get help in the net...

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    Hi I play Bass Guitar and I have been playing for almost 4 years. I play on my Bass Guitar everyday so I am pretty good. I play in a band with my mates and record in school but thats about it. I don't want to play it for a living or go pro but I wouldn't mind playing bass for a ameture dramatics show. My fave songs to play on bass is:
    One- Metallica
    Devil is a Loser- Lordi
    Hard Rock Halliluja- Lordi
    Would you love a Monster Man- Lordi
    Thunderbirds Are Go- Busted
    My Name is Jonus- Weezer
    Story of my Life- Social Distortion.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Ive been playing guitar for aggeeesss.
    Im pretty good aswell, my favourite song to play would be Stairway To Heaven or Nothing Else Matters. But im getting tired of the same old boring music, so im probably going to print some more :D.

Kao

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    Electric Guitar for 7-8 months.

I'm new. I started playing because I was inspired by a solo that my brothers friend did when I was over his house for a few days.

So ever since then i've been playing the guitar :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Sixteen hole harmonica, how's that for obscurity? :P

I just play it whenever I feel like it, which is rarely...

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Is mayonnaise an instrument?

But to take this thread in a gravitas point of view, I would say, yes; yes I do play an musical instrument. I play the flute, not to mention I just received a new one about a month ago and it plays so beautifully. Mmm, I've been playing it for about six years now as a solo learner. I relied on books to help me out. During one summer, I tutored some students as well. Turns out that a lot of kids don't have an interest in play a flute and would rather play something "cooler" like the drums.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
  • guitar. but not very well. i have two, a black acoustic called edmond and a mustard yellow electric called caesar. i play a lot of red hot chilli peppers stuff actually

Back