• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anyone know this card?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I don't know much about yugioh any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Anyone know this card?
      34AB2588-E5B8-46BE-A7C3-A183E7901143.jpeg
      816.2 KB · Views: 15

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Moving since this isn't Pokémon TCG-related.

Slifer the Sky Dragon is one of the Egyptian God Cards, the others being Obelisk the Tormentor and the Winged Dragon of Ra. Multiple versions of these cards exist, including non-tournament legal versions like this that don't have the effect printed on the card and have uniquely colored textures and backings to match. These "illegal" versions first arrived in America individually as Prismatic Secret Rares: Ra was made available with the Dawn of Destiny Xbox game, Obelisk with a Shonen Jump subscription, and Slifer with the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie ani-manga, but they eventually all came bundled together in the Legendary Collection (the version of Slifer you posted) and again in Yugi's Legendary Decks as Ultra Rares. The Prismatic Secret Rares are more desirable. (I used to have a prismatic Ra but traded it for an Asian-English Game Boy promo version because I liked the Japanese text at the bottom, but it turned out to be fake. T_T)

While the effects aren't printed on these cards, before they got tournament legal versions, many players still used them in casual duels using the anime, manga, and video games for reference. Their effects were tweaked when they finally got legal prints (some more extremely than others).

Slifer's illegal effect (from the Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki):

Spoiler:

Slifer's legal effect:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back