• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone wish traveling were as easy as in the PokeWorld?

Years
  • Think about it, traveling from one town to another doesn't seem to take that long, it's quite safe, you really don't need to worry about being mugged or anything, you have powerful creatures to help you out (having a machamp bodyguard would be sweet), most everything seems to be pretty affordable and easy to access, and you can travel to different regions easily as well.

You also have what basically amounts to free Inns with the poke center so you really don't have to worry about paying for lodging or food.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Yes. Then I would walk everywhere, hence more exercise. I like traveling, but being stuck in a car or a plane for more than five hours gets me nauseous. PokeWorld traveling looks easy-going, a lot like an extensive hike. Nice to view nature and all, but the problem is camping out and bringing enough food from Town A to Town B.

PLUS less pollution.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Traveling from one town to the other, awesome. Lol let a rock limit where you can go, not that awesome.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I would haaate how small my world would be. :( A few days walk to get from town to town? Visit every town in my region in less than 80 days? That would be so bad!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The things I like from living in a Pokemon world would be shorter travel times from one town to the next and being with my favorite Pokemon. The only downside is having a hard time clearing obstacles, espeically when I don't have the right Pokemon for the job.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I would haaate how small my world would be. :( A few days walk to get from town to town? Visit every town in my region in less than 80 days? That would be so bad!

^ Well yeah... If you have the endurance of a video game character that can run at a constant speedy pace that needs no food, water, or rest to survive.

OT: Living in the pokemon world with pokemon transportation would be the best. I absolutely love walking. I would travel all over the place and even eventually set up home in a nice town. Plus you could leave your home and visit any other town or area while going at your own comfortable pace.
    lol The funniest part is having all your income coming from your battles and league challenges.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2011
    Flying and all would obviously be cool and I would like to try Waterfall move :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Personally, I wouldn't. I wouldn't have the endurance to even walk those shorter distances between towns. And then you'd have to worry about wild Pokemon interruptiong your travels every few seconds (even if my own Pokemon could make quick work of the opposition it would still start to get annoying). And being a car enthusiast, I couldn't live without being able to travel by automobiles, and something about free lodging makes me think "filthy and unsanitary."

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'd much rather disapparate than fly on Pokemon that is ten times smaller than me, thank you very much.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    ^ Well yeah... If you have the endurance of a video game character that can run at a constant speedy pace that needs no food, water, or rest to survive.

If we're already imagining that we're in the Pokemon world, how much worse is it to imagine that I could have good enough endurance to walk all day at least? O_o You should re-evaluate your realism checks, lol.

Years
  • If the travelling distance was about equal to what it is in the games, I don't think I'd like it that much, seeing as you can usually make it from one side of the map to the other in about 15-20 minutes if you're using repels. This would make things too crowded and it wouldn't be much different from walking around a large town with a bunch of parks.

If it were on scale with the real world, I would enjoy the traveling. Plus I think it would be exciting to fly on the back of a Pokemon or even surf on one. It'd be a lot more fun then taking a plane or a boat.

Years
  • Well I think that travelling like that is possible in some cases. Take Japan for example, from what I understand travelling by train is economical and because it is small you can go quite far.

And backpackers do it all the time in Europe right? They stay in hostels or use those couch surfing communities and travel all over the place.

Maybe it's a bit more difficult in North America, but where there is a will there is always a way. :pink_nod:

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • If we follow the games; then the world would be very tiny and quite uncomfortable (with all those Pokemon, people and possibly animals).

If we follow the anime then a lot of days will just be 'filler days' and we'll waste weeks going from town to town, or route to route.

User19sq

I wouldn't mind flying around on a Pidgey for the rest of my life. It would so make my life tons more easier. And surfing on the back of a tiny Squirtle won't hurt either. :3

Whitefire321

Person that sprites. Woo hoo.
    Years
  • Yeah. Teleport everywhere. Flying would mess up my hair. Flying would be a no. Unless i get a free attachable windshield. Bugs. One time, when going from home to the Cottage, we nearly had to stop because all the bugs decided to come out and smear their guts all over the windshield. Man am i glad for windshields.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Yeah. Teleport everywhere. Flying would mess up my hair. Flying would be a no. Unless i get a free attachable windshield. Bugs. One time, when going from home to the Cottage, we nearly had to stop because all the bugs decided to come out and smear their guts all over the windshield. Man am i glad for windshields.
    Thing is, teleport only returns you to the previous pokemon center (in the games anyway).

Back