• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anything you didnt realise until it was to late?

Misty Fan

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
    Did you play a game then found out you could do something on it but it was to late.

For me it was you could transfer pokemon from Emerald to Pearl i didnt realise it until i got rid of my Emerald game. I wish i realise cuz i had a lvl 100 Rayquaza.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I think you should definitely tell her how you feel esp she seems so interested into you! think about it in her perspective - im a girl and there's nothing more annoying than not getting the correct kind of attention from the guy you like! she cant always be 'friends' with you.

ROFL.
    Umm... where do you think you are right now?

This.

More on-topic, I didn't realize the effects that Natures had on Pokemon statistics (stats). I determined Pokemon Natures by the Pokemon's design or PokeDex entries at first (i.e., Swampert looks "serious", so I got a Serious-natured Swampert, etc.). I found out much later about the truth of Natures, which was a time when I had already leveled several Pokemon to Level 100. Emerald has allowed me to rectify this in part, though I lost two Sapphire cartridges with lots of invested time and well-trained Pokemon on them... :(

Another thing was the whole concept behind EVs and Vitamins. My routine was "feed Pokemon 1 HP Up, and 10 of every other Vitamin". I also "discovered" that the Vitamins would stop "working" around when the Pokemon in question hit Level 50. So, I subsequently always made sure to feed the Vitamins before I began training a Pokemon. Mostly, I did Elite 4 and Secret Base battles, so in retrospect my EVs were most likely screwed up. With my newfound knowledge of Serebii, Bulbapedia, and the like, I'll be sure not to make the same mistake in the future. :\

Furthermore, the trouble with Contest Conditions. I had a decent idea about which Pokeblocks were adequate for the different Contest Categories, but I hated the fact that once you feed a Pokemon the maximum amount of Pokeblocks and save, the enhancements are irreversible. Even recently, I Contest-trained a Rayquaza for entry in primarily 2 categories (Cool and Beauty, IIRC), but I managed to win a third category, so I shifted my intent to having my Rayquaza win all 5 categories. Unfortunately, I had already fed it the maximum number of Pokeblocks, so I encountered a major problem in the first rounds of judging, which are usually crucial for results. I believe we still have Tough and Cute Contests to win, both of which have been excruciatingly hard due to no Pokeblock enhancements. T_T I also want to secure these ribbons before transferring it to Platinum/HeartGold and to Black/Gray. If only there was a way to correct such Pokeblock mistakes... BW's apparent "elimination" of the Contest Condition just serves to worsen my chances of actually achieving said goal with Rayquaza... :t384:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Guys, please don't reply to the adbots, you could possibly get infracted for spam.

Anyway, I missed the Master Ball in Sapphire. I thought it would be given to you, but NO you have to find it. And I restarted my Ruby file after catching a shiny Whismur. I didn't know it was shiny, I thought it was diseased. :(

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    I got my Emerald version when I was fairly young, and when the part where you have to summon Rayquaza came up and Wallace [or Juan, idk xP] told me I had to go to Sky Pillar, I couldn't find it. Googling this, I read a R/S walkthrough, instead of an Emerald one, and it said you couldn't get to Sky Pillar until AFTER you beat the the Elite Four...but I couldn't beat the Elite Four until I got to Sky Pillar. Stuck in this Paradox, I moved onto Fire Red x[ One of my friends explained my mistake to me like a year later <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    And I restarted my Ruby file after catching a shiny Whismur. I didn't know it was shiny, I thought it was diseased. :(

omg I did something like that in Pokémon Silver. :( I ran away from a shiny (I can't remember what it was but it was definitely shiny) because I had no idea what shinies were at the time. I was scared because I thought my game was glitched so I ran away. When I found out what shinies were and then I remembered back to that moment, my reaction was very similar to the Rageguy meme. XD;;

I also used to get TMs confused with HMs and use them on random Pokémon thinking I had an infinite number but nooooo I didn't. :(

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Guys, please don't reply to the adbots, you could possibly get infracted for spam.

Adbot :| I didn't even know what that was! I should be infracted for noobery instead.

Anyway, once on Pokemon Red I was walking around Victory Road and happened upon Moltres. I forgot to save it beforehand and realised when I got in there that I had no Pokeballs of any kind. I had to kill it, because I had no way out and I wasn't willing to give up all my progress that day.

Nukez

Goddess of Zorua
    Years
    Anyone else make this mistake?

I made the mistake of not leveling my pansage at all except to 15 for first gym then waited to get to the big city to evolve it when i got the stone not realizing when its evolved it no longer learned moves based on level. Its level 27 now and struggles to kill level 30 water types with vine whip haha. Anyone else have this problem?

Years
    Yup I did exactly the same thing with my Panpour at level 28. I didn't think to check until 10 levels later when it hadn't learnt a new move. It does have Scald though so it's not a major problem for me.

Nukez

Goddess of Zorua
    Years
    but its ok for water pokemon ill just use my level 30 zebstrika i just caught haha

Nukez

Goddess of Zorua
    Years
    How do you even evolve pansage.. he's weak at lv19 and im on the 4th gym.. he can get killed my a damn sandile...
    In castelia city right when you enter it the first time go down the first dock you see. there is a person who will give a a leaf stone. but warning DO NOT EVOLVE IT until you are sure it has good enough moves haha

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Thankfully I cheated and checked the movesets on Serebii. :P Get a heartscale, you can teach it Seed Bomb that way.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I didn't.
    In fact, it still hasn't evolved!
    However, I'm planning to evolve Panpour once it learns crunch.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I didn't... I know from the previous games (since RBY) that Stone Evolvers don't learn moves anymore once they evolve, save from a few that do, like Nidoking/queen who learn Trash at lvl 26 or so. So, I don't evolve my Pokémon if they're stone evolvers until they reach a certain level. =/

Years
    Well, I didn't make it with Pansage, which I have as well, but apparently I did make it with Munna by making it evolve at lvl 24 :I I didn't know that they wouldn't learn any moves anymore, I thought they'd just learn them slower.

I only wanted Munna to learn psychic which comes at lvl 37, that's the only move I still wanted him to learn, but I guess I'll try it with a heartscale. I didn't know this either lol.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Nukez, I merged your thread here where users can discuss mistakes they made and found out about it when it was too late, such as you situation with Pansage.

Back