• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apple Unveils iPhone4S

Years

It bugs me so much when people complain about screen size. As long as it's big enough to hold a reasonably sized text message, a phone number and maybe a status bar along the top the screen is big enough. If their not happy with the screen that apples made then they can go and buy an iPad, their essentially the same thing. Or better yet, a laptop.

Screen real-estate has more to do with resolution that anything else. And much more than the current 960x640 would be a waste unless they bump the size up substantially. Which would be stupid. The iPad, on the other hand, REALLY needs a resolution upgrade. The pixel density is way too low for something that would be held so close to one's face (compared to a notebook, which should be further away).

Years
    Screen real-estate has more to do with resolution that anything else. And much more than the current 960x640 would be a waste unless they bump the size up substantially. Which would be stupid. The iPad, on the other hand, REALLY needs a resolution upgrade. The pixel density is way too low for something that would be held so close to one's face (compared to a notebook, which should be further away).

I'm referring to what is probably apple's majority market, people who just want a glamours phone, who really just want a bigger screen so they can see more of their Facebook feed at once.
    Some of the people who I know who have bought an iPhone didn't even know about the high pixel density until it started saying it in it's advertisements.

Years

I'm referring to what is probably apple's majority market, people who just want a glamours phone, who really just want a bigger screen so they can see more of their Facebook feed at once.

But that's my point. It doesn't matter if the screen is 5m wide - if the resolution is the same, then they're going to fit the same amount in the screen. That's the same amount of status updates, just bigger. Which is the case with the iPad vs the iPhone, the res isn't that much higher, so they don't have that much real-estate. The main reason that bigger screens make things easier at the same res is the size of the areas that users will touch when selecting things. This might make typing easier.

Back