• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Applymovement problem, help plz..

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    So you added "waitmovement 0x0" just as its written after every applymovement command, right? They aren't in that script.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I tried your script and it worked fine for me in a clean FireRed ROM.

But I think I figure out your problem.

Code:
    #org 0x8007CB
    = [red_fr][player] - Hmmm...why don't I\nuse 'it' ?..heh..heh..Ô ÓÑ\h80ËÌÁÁ
    That right there tells me that you are editing your script after you opened the offset on XSE. You should know that if you edit or add more stuff to an already-inserted script in the ROM, it'll overwrite the other parts of your script.

You should always edit your uncompiled script for any changes that you make, clear the offset and then compile your script again.

Now it's getting late and I need my sleep. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    I tried your script and it worked fine for me in a clean FireRed ROM.

But I think I figure out your problem.

Code:
    #org 0x8007CB
    = [red_fr][player] - Hmmm...why don't I\nuse 'it' ?..heh..heh..Ô ÓÑ\h80ËÌÁÁ
    That right there tells me that you are editing your script after you opened the offset on XSE. You should know that if you edit or add more stuff to an already-inserted script in the ROM, it'll overwrite the other parts of your script.

You should always edit your uncompiled script for any changes that you make, clear the offset and then compile your script again.

Now it's getting late and I need my sleep. Good luck!

Thnx ! Destinedjagold....I will try it out and reply ASAP

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    So you added "waitmovement 0x0" just as its written after every applymovement command, right? They aren't in that script.

It made no difference when I tried it out that is.....so I thought let the script remain as it is :P

leyn09

Truant Trainer
    Years
  • How about you try putting waitmovement 0x0 after every applymovement command unless you want a simultaneous movement of 2 or more sprites. Make sure you put it before a msgbox script. Maybe the timing wasn't right. waitmovement 0x0 makes an accurate pause for applymovement execution iirc.

for example at this part of thr script:

#org 0x8001D7
    applymovement 0x1 0x880027E
    msgbox 0x88002DF MSG_FACE '"[orange_fr]MOM - Oh! [player], com..."
    applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8800283
    msgbox 0x8800303 MSG_FACE '"[red_fr][player] - Umm...why did y..."
    applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880028B
    msgbox 0x880039E MSG_FACE '"[green_fr]DAD - ...And we have dec..."
    applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x880028E
    fadedefault
    sound 0x0
    msgbox 0x88003E6 MSG_FACE '"[red_fr][player] - B..BU..BUT WHY ..."

you should have put waitmovement every after applymovement commands if you don't want them to have a simultaneous excecution. Second, you didn't even put pause or waitmovement. I speculate that it won't even execute those movments ingame before the msgbox script.

I hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Hello, and sorry for late reply [internet prob.]...Here's the report for all of our endeavours !!!

Spoiler:

Long spoiler in short... - the script is working perfectly......kudos to everyone for helping this n00b out !!​

Back