• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcaninie stripe through the card

Days
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Hi. I have a problem. I recently got an Arcanine ex card from scarlet and violet. the card has a factory stripe. Will it reduce its value?

Attachments

• Arcaninie stripe through the card
      20230525_180119.jpg
      165 KB · Views: 11
    • Arcaninie stripe through the card
      20230525_180124.jpg
      173.4 KB · Views: 11
    Years
  • Hi. I have a problem. I recently got an Arcanine ex card from scarlet and violet. the card has a factory stripe. Will it reduce its value?

Hello, Naushi! I moved this post to the TCG section, so it will have more views!

That said, feel free to introduce yourself in the Meet and Greet section, to tell us more about yourself!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Hi. I have a problem. I recently got an Arcanine ex card from scarlet and violet. the card has a factory stripe. Will it reduce its value?

I don't see it in the pictures, but if it's there it would. Follow this link to Pokemon's official website for information on how to send the card back for a better quality version. Pokemon will reimburse you for anything that was damaged on their behalf.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • I've been a collector of many different things. In my experience with all that, wouldn't a factory misprint actually increase the value of the card? This seems to be the case with many different kinds of collectibles, so isn't it actually the same for the Pokemon TCG cards?

Years
  • I've been a collector of many different things. In my experience with all that, wouldn't a factory misprint actually increase the value of the card? This seems to be the case with many different kinds of collectibles, so isn't it actually the same for the Pokemon TCG cards?

For actual misprints in the text or in energy symbols, yes since they're verifiable and not one-offs, but not if they're things like this factory stripe, which are usually one-offs for a particular card but happen on semi regular basis across a whole print run.

Back