• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcelio's Showcase

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
  • This thread will be updated, hopefully, on a weekly basis. I make a new banner about every week or so, and I'm looking for some honest critiques. These banners are somewhat small, 350 x 19, as to allow multiple banners within the same signature. Some of the other banners are a bit larger. Those banners are my earlier work, and in my opninon, much worse than my previous work.
    Note: Some banners are a bit old, so they are currently going under construction.

Signature Banners

Final-Fantasy-I-Dissidia-Animated-B.gif

Final-Fantasy-II-Dissidia-Animated-.gif

Final-Fantasy-III-Animated-Banner.gif

Final-Fantasy-IV-Animated-Banner.gif

Final-Fantasy-V-Animated-Banner.gif

Final-Fantasy-VI-Animated-Banner.gif

Final-Fantasy-VII-Animated-Banner.gif

Lelouch-Banner.gif

NarutoKyuubi-Banner.jpg

Final Banner of the Week (11-22-09)
    Spoiler:

Support Bars

Code-Geass-Banner.jpg

More to come soon.

Currently Working On (Current Project): Dissidia Project currently on hold.

Current Progress: On hold.

Note: I've run into a bit of a problem. As you can see by my Final Fantasy VII Banner, I like to use sprites for 3D games. The problem is that I can't find any sprites for Final Fantasy VIII or any of the games after that. If anyone can find any sprites of at least four main characters from one of the games, could you send me a PM or leave a message in this thread? I would really be grateful for that.

More to come soon.

I doubt anyone would want to use these banners in their signature, but if you feel the need to, just send me a PM or leave a message in this topic saying you'd like to use one. Just make sure to mention my name somewhere amongst the credits. Also, I will be re-working some of my previous banners, seeing as I learned quite a bit in a single day of working on Photoshop.

Last edited:

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
  • I think your graphics are coming out good, but you need to use different fonts (and colors) and text effects.

Sans/Arial just seem to make the banner look kinda, boring.
    You could try some text effects, (I have no clue what your using here) maybe set the text layer to 'overlay' or something? [:

I really like 'em though.

Bay

Years
  • Hm, I don't agree with Cynthia that Sans/Arial text is boring. They can be very effective as typo sometimes. However, I agree with her you need to spice the text up with more effects. Maybe look at some tutorials on text effects or play around with Gimp/Photoshop (not sure which program you use) and see what you can up with as as as text goes.

Another problem is your last two banners has renders stretched out a little, or looks like it. Maybe instead of stretching them to fill space in the banners, just scale the renders until you're satisfied with the size.

Other than those, not bad for a beginner. Much, much better than when I started graphics. XD Keep improving! :3

Last edited:

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • I think your graphics are coming out good, but you need to use different fonts (and colors) and text effects.

Sans/Arial just seem to make the banner look kinda, boring.
    You could try some text effects, (I have no clue what your using here) maybe set the text layer to 'overlay' or something? [:

I really like 'em though.

Hm, I don't agree with Cynthia that Sans/Arial text is boring. They can be very effective as typo sometimes. However, I agree with her you need to spice the text up with more effects. Maybe look at some tutorials on text effects or play around with Gimp/Photoshop (not sure which program you use) and see what you can up with as as as text goes.

Another problem is your last two banners has renders stretched out a little, or looks like it. Maybe instead of stretching them to fill space in the banners, just scale the renders until you're satisfied with the size.

Other than those, not bad for a beginner. Much, much better than when I started graphics. XD Keep improving! :3

Thanks to both of you on the advice and the compliments. I just started using Photoshop (CS4) a few days ago, so I'm still "learning the ropes", so to speak. Yeah, the renders got stretched out a bit accidently. I must have let go of the shift key and not noticed it. I started looking at tutorials last night, but reading up on tutorials at 5:00 AM isn't the most exciting thing, you know? I'll read up on them today, and hopefully learn a few useful things.

P.S: I was actually using Times New Roman as the font. I was going to change it, but once again, it was 5:00 AM in the morning. Kind of late to be making font changes. I'll do that today also.

Back