• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    if arceus is the 'god' pokemon, and supposedly the strongest of them all, then how is nintendo going to top that with the next generation's pokemon?
    they are just overdoing it and making it hard for themselves later on

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    did i say i was expecting something else? Simply put, i was just stating the obvious.

Exactly my point, take a literal don't cha? meh

No, you're still wrong.

First, church is a Christian term. There is no mention of Christianity in Pokemon games at all.

Second, I told you what it's called and you dismissed it as "still a church" except it isn't.

It also isn't pointless. It serves to promote the general theme of Pokemon. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it pointless.

hank jones

Elite Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    awesome!!

I think he's a very cool looking, and likable pokemon. He looks awesome in the anime. but i dont think he can be classified as a "god". just a really, really strong pokemon. Its cool that he dosen't have a equal though. heres what i mean.

Mew- Mewtwo
    Palkia- Dialga
    Darkrai- (Fought dialga and palkia in movie)
    Groudon- Kyogure
    Latios- Latias

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    a) Cresselia is Darkrai's equal.
    b) Giratina doesn't really have an equal.... but he's usually grouped with Diagla and Palkia anyway.

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I'd rather have all of the pokemon closer together in strength. I think as far as strength goes, Nintendo overdid it a little for this particular pokemon. In Pokemon revolution someone used Arceus againist me. It was his last pokemon. It was a double battle and it literally took both Palkia and Groudon working together to defeat him. By the time it was done Palkia had fainted and Groudon had half health. Granted, Palkia didn't have full health when Arceus was brought out to start with.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    Completely overdone in my opinion.. I just well umm.. don't think we need to know about a Pokémon god. And.. seriously.. It can't be THE strongest.. That just ruins Pokémon.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I think that Acreus is just another legendary that we will forget about when new pokeomn come out!
    In other words I think Acreus is nothing special!
    Arceus

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Come on now, lets use Sugimori art instead of that old thing. Anyway, after the movie comes out Im certain it will be hard to forget Arceus. It looks to epic to forget.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    I feel Arceus is just Nintendo trying to cause fanboys everywhere to squeal when they hear about him. Just like they used Mew for Nintendo events back in the day. I personally believe that Arceus is just a pokemon made to let them brag to their friends about having a "pokemon God" while the older pokemon fans just EV train their own pokemon.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
    In my opinion, I don't believe a "God" Pokemon should be obtainable or able to be battled. I know that Pokemon is far off from real life, but how can the creator fight the created? I see no problem with a God Pokemon--one that can possibly even be seen at times--but it should not be able to be confronted in battle or confined in a pokeball. Its purpose would be to spawn fables, to create mystery, and to offer answers; much like the God of reality. Note: What I said is not to create a flame war, got it?

I agree with this.

I think it's a great concept that can add alot of depth to the interesting but ultimately shallow Pokemon lore. By making it obtaininable, they'll ruin it... but simply having it there, they can do alot of awesome things with the storyline and whatnot.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    I see no point of this thread anymore. There is a repetition of the same stuff here again and again. Get over it, Pokemon is just a game, all the Pokemon people think about is money, its not like Pokemon could actually exist.
    It is not something we people should be wasting our time on thinking whether a said Pokemon is God or not.
    They will always have something new to make the story for the next generations.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I personally dont like it.

It's design is mediocre. I mean, it's a goat with spirally things around it :\. I would of thought it would of looked more elegant or ....beautiful but meh... :\
    It was unneccesary and kind of shows Nintendo are running out of ideas. If they have to make a God Pokemon, what are they going to do next. :\

So no, I dont like Arceus. :(

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I personally dont like it.

It's design is mediocre. I mean, it's a goat with spirally things around it :\. I would of thought it would of looked more elegant or ....beautiful but meh... :\
    Yeah I agree, for a God pokemon it sure is plain, really it looks like a big white stantler with rings. an angel looking pokemon would've been more interesting

Years
    There are too many conflicting stories. Like how Mew still contains all genetic codes, but Arceus started it all? Is Mew a part of Arceus. I'm sure in generation five, if there is one, there will be yet another stronger Pokémon. There is no means to an end.

Explosion

Free-Lance Spriter
    Years
    WOW

1.Its a game get over it.
    2.Nintendo we'll never stop due to what an earlier post said
    3.Arces or however thats spelled is some stupid pokemon that has not been realeased in the games (leagly) and it may stay that way

And thats my opinon

Years
    The only thing that bothers me about Arceus is that it's too strong to be used in competitive battling. I dislike that there's an Uber tier in general where many legendaries go (Note: I know the Uber tier is necessary, I just wish that legendary pokemon wouldn't be so overpowered), but even there Arceus is too powerful and versatile to be used. : /

Ironically, the way I feel about Arceus is similar to how I feel about useless pokemon like Luvdisc. They just can't be used... anywhere. ;_; So I don't see the point in them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back