• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
  • @Hall of Famer: You're being very vague, as there's quite a few desert tiles. I'm sure if you look around at Spriters Resource or Google you'll find one to suit your needs.

@ross 61: Making world maps is covered in the Notes file, I'd suggest taking a good look in there for a start.

@Ty_101: I know that you can use $Trainer.party.delete_at(X) to delete a Pokémon that's in a certain position in your party, but I'm not sure how to use it the way you want. Again, try browsing through the Notes and see if you can come up with anything.

@Atomic Reactor: If I'm not mistaken, battle backgrounds are hardcoded based on terrain tags. I'm not entirely sure how you'd set a specific one for a battle.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • @Hall of Famer: You're being very vague, as there's quite a few desert tiles. I'm sure if you look around at Spriters Resource or Google you'll find one to suit your needs.

The trouble with me is that I can do nothing about the graphics. Therefore, I have to look for existing tilesets instead of those from Sprite resources...

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Why not? If you lack a graphics program try Paint.NET. It's really quite powerful and an overall good program if you lack Photoshop. You're going to have a very rough time if you can't convert your own graphics.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Yeah I actually use paint.net with a lot of plugins for my needs and it's almost better than photoshop. Plus it's free.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Alrighty folks, now I've got a question.

I'm not sure if it's my own fault, or if it was changed recently, but I remember that Day/Night tint used to effect EVERYTHING (save for menus etc.) on the screen. Now, it seems to only effect tiles, making events drastically stand out.

Is there a way to revert back to the old system? If it's always been like this, anything I can do?

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    @whoever is asking for the auto-tiles...

I say it again. Charas-Project.net. Use it.

@issue with lighting above my post

I haven't seemed to have any issues with that, so sadly I can't say one way or another if there's something wrong. Did you do any modifications that may have affected it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I want to know if it is possible to check if a pokemon is in your party and if the answer is yes removes that pokemon from the party.

You can also tell me instead how to open the pokemon screen and select a pokemon.

I know about $Trainer.party.delete_at(X)

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • when will the kit be updated next?
    it hasn't been updated for about 2 months.
    Maybe poccill is working on something big like 4th gen moves/abilities :)
    or maybe making all the animations (though i don't think hes a very good with sprites)

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    Somepeople can I say as they leave Pokémon shiny but very few as in the original Pokemon games? Thanks

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I know about $Trainer.party.delete_at(X)
    You want to iterate through the party, checking the species of each Pokémon.
    Code:
    for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
     if $Trainer.party[i].species==species
      $Trainer.party[i]=nil
      $Trainer.party.compact!
      break
     end
    end
    To call the Pokémon screen, use:
    Code:
    pbChoosePokemon(variableNumber,nameVarNumber)
    where variableNumber is a variable ID to store the index of the selected Pokémon, and nameVarNumber is a variable to store its name.
    Somepeople can I say as they leave Pokémon shiny but very few as in the original Pokemon games? Thanks
    What? I don't understand... If you mean 'are shiny Pokémon in the starter kit', then yes, they are. The chance of finding one is the same as it is on the official games.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • @InMooseWeTrust: Check out lines 282 - 296 in PokeBattle_Pokemon:

Code:
    def isShiny?
     a=@personalID^@trainerID
     b=a&0xFFFF
     c=(a>>16)&0xFFFF
     d=b^c
     return (d<8)
    end

def makeShiny
     rnd=rand(65536)
     rnd|=(rnd<<16)
     rnd|=rand(8)
     @personalID=rnd^@trainerID
     calcStats
    end

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Find these lines in PokeBattle_Pokemon:
    Code:
    def isShiny?
     a=@personalID^@trainerID
     b=a&0xFFFF
     c=(a>>16)&0xFFFF
     d=b^c
     return (d<8)
    end
    Change the 8 at the end; the higher it is, the higher your chance of finding a shiny.
    More precisely, the chance is 8/65536, or 1/8192. Changing the 8 to, say, 64, will make the chance 64/65536, or 1/1024.

You'll want to modify the makeShiny method too.

EDIT: Beaten; oh well... :P

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • -stupid question-

I have a fairly old version of Pokemon Essentials, as in the version that was released probably last June. I was curious about how I make the text boxes different when you read signs? Was this feature in the older version of Essentials, or is it only in the newer version, and if so is there a way I could add it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    You want to iterate through the party, checking the species of each Pokémon.
    Code:
    for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
     if $Trainer.party[i].species==species
      $Trainer.party[i]=nil
      $Trainer.party.compact!
      break
     end
    end
    To call the Pokémon screen, use:
    Code:
    pbChoosePokemon(variableNumber,nameVarNumber)
    where variableNumber is a variable ID to store the index of the selected Pokémon, and nameVarNumber is a variable to store its name.

What? I don't understand... If you mean 'are shiny Pokémon in the starter kit', then yes, they are. The chance of finding one is the same as it is on the official games.

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thedudemister

Pokemon: New Order
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Does anyone know how to change the text in the scripts to the defalt RPG Maker XP text? Thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back