• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    Can somebody tell me how to add terain tags? And how make battle backs that will be activated at night or morning? And wich script I must change so the trainer battles background will become the normal background of the terain tag?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • If you look up Individual Values on any decent pokemon site, it'll explain them to you. The bare bones is that the higher the number, the more of a 'bonus' that pokemons stats will get as they levels up. They are recorded in this order:

attack, defense, speed, sp attack, sp defense

So if you put:

Then that pokemon will have an ok attack bonus, a quite good defense bonus, speed is slightly boosted, special attack... ouch & special defense will get a decent bonus.

All pokemon are given IVs to vary the stats between two pokemon of the same level and nature.

Thanks a lot for the answer. However, I still have one question to ask. I copied this line from the sample trainer.txt:

STEELIX,22,20,SITRUSBERRY,SANDSTORM,IRONTAIL,IRONDEFENSE,EARTHQUAKE

According to my comprehension, the highlighted value "20" should be the individual value, isn't it? However, it seems to me that I have to enter at least five individual values in here since each pokemon has five stats. Can you please tell me why there's only one single value "20" in this line(I thought it ought to be 20,20,20,20,20 if you want to set the individual for all stats to be 20")? Thanks?

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • Oh, sorry about that. NORMALLY you'd have five IVs, one for each stat. For the trainers pokemon you just set one, which will be applied to all of the stats. This can be used to make a rivals lv 32 Raichu more difficult than a normal trainers lv 32 Raichu. I don't know whether this copies the handheld gamess, but I suppose it saves entering a ton of commas or values for each trainers pokemon. So, just put one number in and all of the opposing pokemons stats will be given that IV.

redozano

#1 ninja
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    After the intro I keep getting an error and cant start my game in fact this happens every time I do a map transfer. What is the problem?

The error says

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: Errno::ENOENT

Game_Map_:33:in `load_data'

Game_Map_:33:in `setup'

PokemonMap:640:in `setup'

Scene_Map:214:in `transfer_player'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

Scene_Map:64:in `loop'

Scene_Map:71:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • @redozano: You need to change the 'Home' entry in your metadata.txt file in the pbs folder. It tells the game where to send the player if they lose before they've reached a Pokécenter. It's defined as c,x,y.

c is the map ID, x is the x coordinate and y is the y coordinate.

Years
  • i tried day/night land encounters system on a route in my game. but it doesn't work.
    when i walk on the grass on that route, nothing happened (no wild pokemon and no error message appeared).
    i set the grass with terrain tag 2.
    please... help me!! ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    i tried day/night land encounters system on a route in my game. but it doesn't work.
    when i walk on the grass on that route, nothing happened (no wild pokemon and no error message appeared).
    i set the grass with terrain tag 2.
    please... help me!! ^^

Have you got any Pokémon in your party? If you don't have any with you, you can't find wild Pokémon.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • How do I put different battle bases and backs depending on the time of the day? I just couldnt find it on the notes.htm...

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2009
    Hey I have 2 questions, I hope someone can help.

I went through the notes but what it said didn't work. I want the player to choose the starter Pokemon. I tried the add pokemon but I realized it was just to add a new species of Pokemon. I'm not sure if the Trainer got the Pokemon but the button where you check all your Pokemon stats isn't there. How do you make it appear with an event ?

Also somethings I can walk over. I checked in the database and I fixed it but I can still walk over it.

I hope someone can help.
    Thanks

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • How do I put different battle bases and backs depending on the time of the day? I just couldnt find it on the notes.htm...

That would be in the pictures folder. simply change the pics called battlebg, enemy base, and player base...to make them change during different times of day you have to set the picture with the corresponding number...for ex. during morning you'd have to change: battlebg0, enemybase0, and playerbase0.

Hey I have 2 questions, I hope someone can help.

I went through the notes but what it said didn't work. I want the player to choose the starter Pokemon. I tried the add pokemon but I realized it was just to add a new species of Pokemon. I'm not sure if the Trainer got the Pokemon but the button where you check all your Pokemon stats isn't there. How do you make it appear with an event ?

Also somethings I can walk over. I checked in the database and I fixed it but I can still walk over it.

I hope someone can help.
    Thanks

Hmmm...to answer part of your first question. to give the player a pokemon you'd have to put this into the script: pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::name of pokemon, level)
    your button problem however...I do not know what may be wrong.

the tile problem...just play the game as if it were a normal game, don't play test it...I had the same problem.

How I can to change the color of text of battle???

Thanks

you'd have to edit the scripts...I'm not sure which one, but I can look into it if your that interested?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Question, how would you say you would implement a path finding script in Essentials?

Or any other scripts for that matter?

As long as the script doesn't redefine any of the methods changed in Essentials, it should work. Which pathfinding script are you trying to implement?

EDIT: ~JV~, have a look at the pbBackdrop method in PokeBattle_ActualScene. Here's what I added:
    Code:
     if @outdoor
      pbDayNightTint(@sprites["battlebg"])
      pbDayNightTint(@sprites["enemybase"])
      pbDayNightTint(@sprites["playerbase"])
     end

ryanhead: Make sure you only use the very top-left tile to erase, as using other blank tiles will cause passability problems. The Pokémon option appears automatically when you have a Pokémon with you.

marfil92: In PokeBattle_ActualScene, find and edit these lines:
    Code:
    MESSAGEBASECOLOR=Color.new(248,248,248)
    MESSAGESHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(104,88,112)
    MENUBASECOLOR=Color.new(72,72,72)
    MENUSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(208,208,208)
    BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(64,64,64)
    BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(216,208,176)
    The first two are for the message box, the next two are for the selection boxes (such as when you choose a move), and the last two are for the text in the Pokémon info boxes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    you'd have to edit the scripts...I'm not sure which one, but I can look into it if your that interested?

Yes please!! I need change the color becose I want change the box of text and the back of the bos is white and the text is white!!!

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Is it possible to give a Pokemon two different abilities at the same time? For example, Magnemite with Magnet Pull and Levitate.

I know you can't have both in the same screen, so how about having Magnet Pull be the visible ability and Levitate be the hidden one. Is there some way to implement a hidden variable in the \PBS\pokemon.txt that would set Levitate=true or false?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    That's the problem; everything I've tried pretty much "attacks" Game_Character.

How can I bypass that?

Let me fetch one of the scripts I'm trying to insert: Yet Another A* Pathfinding Script

Ah. That script only overwrites the move_route_custom method, which is practically unchanged in Essentials. The only difference is that $game_map.need_refresh = true is replaced with self.map.need_refresh = true, so change that.

Otherwise, it should work; I'm using that script too without problems.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Is it possible to give a Pokemon two different abilities at the same time? For example, Magnemite with Magnet Pull and Levitate.

I know you can't have both in the same screen, so how about having Magnet Pull be the visible ability and Levitate be the hidden one. Is there some way to implement a hidden variable in the \PBS\pokemon.txt that would set Levitate=true or false?

I don't think there's a way without making heavy edits to the scripts, unfortunately. The ability is checked using pokemon.ability==; I'm not sure if you can overwrite the == method just for the Pokémon's ability. Let me check, I may be wrong.
    EDIT: Nope, you can't make an ability== method. But I think there might still be a way...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back