• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2009
Okay, I got 15 posts and I'll try to post screens.
They will be ordered numarically, from the first time you see him to when you encounter him.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Okay, I got 15 posts and I'll try to post screens.
They will be ordered numarically, from the first time you see him to when you encounter him.

Well, you could use switches. Like, you press the action button for the event, the text box says whatever, the mew sprites moves off screen. Then its switch turns off and the next mew sprites switch turns on. That continues until you battle it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2009
There's an error screen that comes up every time I catch a Pokemon, and its really annoying. Is it because I'm catching a shiny?

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Does anyone know how to add the ability to use animated trainer battle sprites?

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
I just can't seem to figure out how to add a regional Pokedex, let alone make multiple regional pokedexes.

How can I do this?

Also, how do I allow to player to get a regional Pokedex in-game?

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2023
I've a problem.
Editor/Extract text
(Project folder)/intl.txt
I change whatever, save it, Editor/Compile text
"Failed to compile text: Section 14's line count is not divisible by 3 (section was recognized as an ordered list because its first line is a number)"
If I undo the changes, then the same happens. Until I extract it again, same error.
As the beggining of the intl sais, I just translate every second line.
For example, Line 1 : Map
Line 2 : Mapa
(The 2nd line is in spanish)
It's enought change a letter, and that happens.

Rustus

Kiddrona's Child of Chaos
Years
I downloaded your system yesterday and I have seen that it is quite powerful. However, I attempted to edit the trainers so that I could create my gym leaders in your editor program and it gave me some sort of error message. I can post the error log if necessary. I have also found other errors amongst the editor, but I am currently unsure what to do with them, as I have no experience with ruby at all.

other than the errors I have been getting it's a great system, and I will most likely be creating a game with it.

Also, I am interested in making 100 instead of 50 TMs and more than 8 Gym Leaders. Is this possible with this system? If so, could someone explain it to me?

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Alright. How can I make the trainer's sprite and Player backsprite still there untill the battle end? It means when you battle, your trainer backsprite still there with your pokemon, and your opponent sprite still there with his pokemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
Hey it's Metamew. I changed my game's name from Pokemon Weather to Pokemon Black Eclipse and I'm trying to make a demo which means I need to make a seperate game file the original. How do I make a seperate game file so that everything that comes with pokestarter like the intro map and titles shows. Everytime I make a new game file, I keep seeing the original rpgmakerxp titles. And also, can I change the name of a game file without having to create a new one?

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
How do I get the footsteps on the sand tiles (terrain tag 3)?
Also, I want to add sound effects for certain tiles. Do I have to make an extra terrain tag for them as well?
And (for now) one last thing… I want a few extra terrain tags for visual effects (like shallow water and such). Again, is it possible to make extra terrain tags for them?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
I need help with errors

When I ever I select "Trainer Types" in the editor or need to select an existing Trainer Type I get this error:
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x8c64c70>
PokemonEditor:1084:in `refresh'
PokemonEditor:879:in `pbListScreenBlock'
PokemonEditor:874:in `loop'
PokemonEditor:899:in `pbListScreenBlock'
PokemonEditor:2919:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'
EditorMain:58:in `pbEditorMenu'
EditorMain:58:in `pbFadeOutIn'
EditorMain:58:in `pbEditorMenu'
EditorMain:26:in `loop'
EditorMain:97:in `pbEditorMenu'
I am able to create trainer type though, but I can't look at any existing type that were there or that I created without this error.

The other problem is that when playtest the game and use my Poke'dex, selecting a pokemon (to see it's areas and all that stuff), I get this message:

Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `rect' for #<AnimatedBitmap:0xa7c6ad8>
PokemonPokedex:568:in `pbChangeToDexEntry'
PokemonPokedex:603:in `pbDexEntry'
PokemonPokedex:830:in `pbPokedex'
PokemonPokedex:810:in `loop'
PokemonPokedex:849:in `pbPokedex'
PokemonPokedex:874:in `pbStartScreen'
PokemonMenu:145:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:142:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonMenu:142:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:139:in `loop'
and when I play (not playtest) the game and use my Poke'dex, selecting a pokemon (to see it's areas and all that stuff), I get this message:
Code:
Script'PokemonPokedex'line 568: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `rect' for#<AnimatedBitmap:0xa513508>
This is a huge problem for me. In order to continue this way I would have to create a new trainer type evertime I make a trainer, and even then what's a pokemon game with a pokedex that doesn't work? Can someone please help me?

DA-Kizemaru

The Real Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
Years
Im having a problem, I just downloaded the starter kit off the site and a error pops up

" Script 'Audio' line 136: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method `getPlayMusic' for Kernel:Module "

How do i fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back