• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    @Maruno: Check around line 273 at the pokedex script in essentials. Look out for this line:

"@sprites["infowindow"]=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize("",0,160,160,160,@viewport)"

I haven't tested anything but I'm sure it controls both coordinates and the size of the box. I don't know about making the text colored though, maybe check the pokemonload script?
    That's exactly what I'm using at the moment. All I want is to be able to centre align the text and to specify the main/shadow colours.

Now, I did think about resizing the Window_Pokedex, to make it full-screen, and to put in other bits of text and pictures in it (I definitely know pictures can be put into this, but I don't know about fancy text). However, I would then need to delimit the length of the list itself, so that it wouldn't be the entire height of the window. There are a few lines that include the number dheight, which seems important for this (e.g. dheight=self.height-32), and fiddling those numbers seems rather tricky, but before I start messing around with that I'd like to know if that's the direction I should be headed. Specifically, can I display fancy text in the Window_Pokedex, and will other text/pictures displayed somewhere other than in Window_Pokedex (e.g. the pokémon sprite, @sprites["icon"]) be displayed properly (as opposed to overwritten by the Window_Pokedex or something)?

Years
    Sorry, it doesn't help much. Window_Pokedex just displays the list, which means it doesn't display other things like the seen/own numbers. What I wanted to do was display those seen/own numbers in coloured/centre aligned text, as well as display another piece of text (which just happens to be the name of the pokémon) and the pokémon's type icons. I want to leave the list itself alone, because it's fine as is.

I'm using Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize to display the seen/own numbers at the moment, but they can't be coloured/centre aligned. I've tried using the "overlay" SpriteWrapper, and making a new SpriteWrapper, but they just don't display anything. I think ideally I just want a SpriteWrapper covering half the screen, into which I can put what I want (I can do that), but I can't seem to define one properly.

There are a number of places where HP bars and EXP bars are displayed. The Party screen, the pokémon summary screens, the battle screens, etc. I'd suggest looking at the pokémon summary screen, because that's the simplest one to look at.

Basically, a HP bar is a box of a particular colour, which is made to be 6 pixels high and X pixels wide, where X is the health of the pokémon (as a proportion of the maximum width of the bar).

As for the level, that's just text. That's easy to place.

How are you making this quick stat menu? I would suggest copying the PokéGear's main menu and then editing it, because it's very simple to understand. Why make something from scratch when you can just copy-paste something that already works?

1) Have you set the maps' metadata to Outside? If the game thinks the maps are indoor maps, then they'll always be the same brightness. The day/night lighting is active by default (but only for outdoor maps).

2 & 3) Don't know. I haven't looked at the mini-games, and probably won't. The reason you can't find much about them is probably because they're only mini-games.

Thank you for answering my questions. Um, by the way the meta data fix worked. Thanks.

Years
    REPOST:
    I still can't seem to find where in PokeBattle_ActualScene that you edit the Y Coordinates of the Enemy Pokemon, the last person (no offense) wasn't really that helpful in trying to help me. (In my take on it, he pretty much said to keep searching). Also, I need to know how I can edit the XY of the Player HP bar WITHOUT the Enemy HP bar moving (which it does every time I try changing the XY of the Player HP bar).

Antonisme

Wannabe Pichu xD
    Years
    Hi there! I have tried to use this kit, and it works. But, noob as I am, I am not really got at it. Is there any good tutorials/guides who explains a lot? I have searched Youtube and found a little, but I want help with following:

* I have tried to put in new charcters, but it always fails. O_o Anyone help me?
    * All this scripting. What is it, and how do I use it? (Super NOOB)
    * Can you change Bags and Boxes? How?

That's all now. Hehe, call me noob if you want, but I need to start somewere =D

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
    Years
    Antonisme - NOOB! jkjk
    Here:
    For new characters, go to the editor and go to Set Metadata. Then go to Global and edit the Player A's sprites. Player A is the male character, while B is the female. Look in the notes.html provided in the kit for more info!

I'm a beginner too, so I don't really have the right to call you that.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Alright, I don;t mean ti repeat myself, but this problem has now become quite the issue.
    Cause now, Anytime i try to type on Paint, it shuts down the program...
    Is anyone else having problems with the text?

It keeps saying the the text isnt installed, then it says it installed, and it restarts... but then it still says it isnt installed.

So i tried it manually, still didnt help.
    When i paste the fonts in, they show up as some other font. With like a different name.

So i tried deleting those, then using old fonts from previous kits.
    And i pasted the old ones into the current game as well

Still having the same problems...

Can someone please help me :(

Yeah, I get that same problem. Anyone?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    So, has anyone tried to script the game corner mini game, or is that what the Triple Triad was for, because, I would really like the game corner, if I could get my hands on a script.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I want to script my first simple event after the intro the screen. Is there anyone I could pm my ideas to and I get some direction on how to script this event?

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
    I have just a little question...
    Why do the BGS doesn't play on the maps? I mean, I wanted to add a wind sound on a beach, you know, a sound of tidals and stuff, but I can't hear any BGS, is this normal or something is wrong? On my Non-pokemon RPG game from RMXP this doesn't happen, I mean, the BGS's always sounds.

BTW: I had to put an edited mp3 on Audacity as background music with that sound, it's too heavy... 7MB? yes 7MB

Antonisme

Wannabe Pichu xD
    Years
    Hi again! It's me, the noob! :/

This time I have a nooby question, I want to put in new trainer sprites, but when I look at Internet for some they are in wrong order. Can anyone help me? I can put a example if you want. There are two there, one is an already existing trainer sprite and one with 2 sorts of sprites. Anyone can give me some help or just some tips? =]

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Is it possible to animate the pokemon sprites in battles and in the summary screen, like in pokemon emerald?
    I would love it, if I could do this in my game. ^^

It would be very nice, if someone could help me. :)

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Yeah, I get that same problem. Anyone?

If you have vista open the menu and type fonts into the search, one folder should pop up then find and download the fonts from the internet and add the fonts your trying to add in there next time you try to use paint it should work, if not let me know...

ayevdayev

Legend
    Years
    In the editor I have seen that Pokemon Essentials has a touch screen script in it. I want to use that script on things like battling, the options menu, the bag, and the mart. How do I use this script?

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    In the editor I have seen that Pokemon Essentials has a touch screen script in it. I want to use that script on things like battling, the options menu, the bag, and the mart. How do I use this script?

My advice learn to script/use Ruby...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back