• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Hi, sorry for being a total noob and all, but, my intro isn't showing up. All i get is it booting the game straight up, then in the game my character is invisible and after a few steps it comes up with:

Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonField:562:in `pbOnStepTaken'
Game_Player*:620:in `update_old'
Walk/Run:57:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:97:in `loop'
Scene_Map:110:in `update'
Scene_Map:66:in `main'
Scene_Map:63:in `loop'
Scene_Map:70:in `main'
Main:33:in `mainFunction'

I have set the character's graphic, so im not sure why its invisible.
Thanks

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
That's likely because the character isn't set up yet. The first screen in the game should be an intro screen. See the section "Intro Screen" in the notes for details. There you will find a simple example of such a screen.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
Hi, sorry for being a total noob and all, but, my intro isn't showing up. All i get is it booting the game straight up, then in the game my character is invisible and after a few steps it comes up with:

Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonField:562:in `pbOnStepTaken'
Game_Player*:620:in `update_old'
Walk/Run:57:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:97:in `loop'
Scene_Map:110:in `update'
Scene_Map:66:in `main'
Scene_Map:63:in `loop'
Scene_Map:70:in `main'
Main:33:in `mainFunction'

I have set the character's graphic, so im not sure why its invisible.
Thanks

there's a blank map in the kit, did you delete it (or even put it in?) cos the intro is an event on that map, so check its there and that the players start position is on that blank map (or it won't run)

StrawyBlood

*Learning english*
Years
Please help me x3

I get an error when my game's proffesor gives to the main character five pokeballs...
a window pops out and says the error...
I put this:
conditional branch: script: $PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(PBItemsPOKeBALL, 5)
else
branch end
-_-'

here are some images
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

please help me
(yeah, im stupid :P)

sorry if anyone already asked this, im just to lazy for read all the comments xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Hey poccil, why did you get rid of all the pokemon sprites that were in the starter kit?

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
Aqua Mudkip: Um... how do you replace the old Mode 07 script with the new Mode 07 script in Poccil's SK so that the Perspective option wouldn't have too much problems? Are you supposed top put it in the PerspectiveMap script? Here's the new Mode 07 script. *it can now support priorities and more!*

EDIT: Err... the reply box says the scripts too long... (80260 words) If anyone could help, that would be great!

StrawyBlood

*Learning english*
Years
Sorry for my question, was stupid :P
but i want to ask something more:
How can i make to keep the main character in the map even if he was defeated? just like gary in R/B/Y or in FR/LG
----
Yaoimutt: Poccil didnt get rid of any of the pokemons sprite, cause i have all the pokemons, maybe you downloaded a wrong file or something like that...
download again the pokemon essentials, maybe that solve your problem...

Years
Well, u could set the place where the battle take place as a "pokemon center", by using a script with Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter.
The player will be teleported to that point after the battle if he looses and u have just to launch the event...

I dont know if it's the best solution, but it should work.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
there's a blank map in the kit, did you delete it (or even put it in?) cos the intro is an event on that map, so check its there and that the players start position is on that blank map (or it won't run)

Thanks :D, i did that, but now -me being stupid and all- i can't get the player to appear in the actual map after. I tried transfer player on a doubt and it failed, so im not sure now.

Years
Here's all my worldly questions now..

How do you get new BGM's( to use in maps and all)

When I actually play the game, how do I stop the character being able to walk over stuff like benches?(making the objects solid?)

So of my maps run together in a wierd way. Somehow I will be on one of my maps, but then I can walk west and another city that shouldnt be connected to it..is. (I hope someone understoood that..)

Years
Here's all my worldly questions now..

1)How do you get new BGM's( to use in maps and all)

2)When I actually play the game, how do I stop the character being able to walk over stuff like benches?(making the objects solid?)

3)So of my maps run together in a wierd way. Somehow I will be on one of my maps, but then I can walk west and another city that shouldnt be connected to it..is. (I hope someone understoood that..)

1) U have to look on internet for mid files or u have to make your owns.

2) Push the F9 key on rpg maker. Then go to chipsets. There, u can see the tilesets u use and differents options related to the tilesets.

3) What do u use to go from a map to another? Teleport? connections.txt?

Atomic Reactor

incase that confused you lol

u can also access the database and material base through the tool bar at the top

Years
1) U have to look on internet for mid files or u have to make your owns.

2) Push the F9 key on rpg maker. Then go to chipsets. There, u can see the tilesets u use and differents options related to the tilesets.

3) What do u use to go from a map to another? Teleport? connections.txt?
3. Its sorta hard to describe(maybe Cause im not good at mapping)

But Its sorta like this.

*you start in a room in the begining town.
*the town is connected to route 1, then route 2 iws connected to that, and then another town.
*if you walk west of the room in the first town it runs off into the second town.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
3. Its sorta hard to describe(maybe Cause im not good at mapping)

But Its sorta like this.

*you start in a room in the begining town.
*the town is connected to route 1, then route 2 iws connected to that, and then another town.
*if you walk west of the room in the first town it runs off into the second town.
try deleting the lines in the file 'connections.txt' with the problem maps in

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Sorry for my question, was stupid :P
but i want to ask something more:
How can i make to keep the main character in the map even if he was defeated? just like gary in R/B/Y or in FR/LG
----
Yaoimutt: Poccil didnt get rid of any of the pokemons sprite, cause i have all the pokemons, maybe you downloaded a wrong file or something like that...
download again the pokemon essentials, maybe that solve your problem...

i just downloaded it again, and they arn't there, the ones i am saying are gone are the "sprites" the pokemon sprites, not the pokemon battle pictures.

she use to have actual pokemon srpites (ones that you could make run around your map) but they arn't there anymore.

if anyone still has them, please put them in a file and upload it >.<

StrawyBlood

*Learning english*
Years
i just downloaded it again, and they arn't there, the ones i am saying are gone are the "sprites" the pokemon sprites, not the pokemon battle pictures.

she use to have actual pokemon srpites (ones that you could make run around your map) but they arn't there anymore.

if anyone still has them, please put them in a file and upload it >.<

oh... i though you were talking about the battle sprites... >.>
well, maybe poccil take them out from the starter kit for some reason...
i neither have them... but i get some in a pokemon resource page:

Overworld sprites (R/S)
Spoiler:

Articuno (... maybe is from mystery dungeon)
Spoiler:

Lugia and mew
Spoiler:

Deoxis
Spoiler:

Ditto
Spoiler:

Overworld FR/LG
Spoiler:

Mystery dungeon sprites (the second part of the game... i dont remember its name...)
Spoiler:

3 Regis
Spoiler:

i dont remember where i get them -_-'
and yeah... i give credit to the persons that ripped or made those sprites :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
oh... i though you were talking about the battle sprites... >.>
well, maybe poccil take them out from the starter kit for some reason...
i neither have them... but i get some in a pokemon resource page:

Overworld sprites (R/S)
Spoiler:

Articuno (... maybe is from mystery dungeon)
Spoiler:

Lugia and mew
Spoiler:

Deoxis
Spoiler:

Ditto
Spoiler:

Overworld FR/LG
Spoiler:

Mystery dungeon sprites (the second part of the game... i dont remember its name...)
Spoiler:

3 Regis
Spoiler:

i dont remember where i get them -_-'
and yeah... i give credit to the persons that ripped or made those sprites :3

thanks, but most of those are "rare" or really small, i guess that just means i have to make them, unless someone here has them from the older starter kit

anyway, it's times like this that i hate that i stupidly deleted my old project (i did it a while back when i got annouyed with my pc, i completly wiped the pc and never backed anything up XD)

so i guess i'll just make some sprites on my own, as i make then i guess i can always upload them or something for people. thanks though for trying.

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
thanks, but most of those are "rare" or really small, i guess that just means i have to make them, unless someone here has them from the older starter kit

anyway, it's times like this that i hate that i stupidly deleted my old project (i did it a while back when i got annouyed with my pc, i completly wiped the pc and never backed anything up XD)

so i guess i'll just make some sprites on my own, as i make then i guess i can always upload them or something for people. thanks though for trying.

Are you looking for something like this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back