• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Oh, after the script to delete the trainer's party, put $Trainer.party.compact! (with the exclamation mark). That should solve it.

Years
  • Hi,

I have a problem to put gif images on my game.
    The problem is that the gif is not animated in the game :/ . I only see the first image of the gif...
    Could someone check the gifsprite class to see if there is a problem in it?

Here it is :
    Spoiler:

It begins at line 1079 in PokemonUtilities.

Years
  • Every frame?
    I'm just using

sprite=GifSprite.new("Graphics/Pictures/myimage.gif")
    sprite.x=200
    sprite.y=100

in an event.

It doesn't do the update by itself?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    o.o what??????? what happen to the pokemon sprites???? it's been a really long time sence i even looked at the starter kit, and i deleted the old one (my project was usless anyways) but this one doesn't have the pokemon sprites, T-T does anyone still have them?

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Um, I run into an error when I attempt to use the pokemon center.

Message: Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Characters/pokeballs on left
    BitmapCache:91:in `load_bitmap'
    BitmapCache:130:in `character'
    Sprite_Character:62:in `update_or'
    PerspectiveTilemap:406:in `shadow_update'
    Shadow:169:in `update'
    Spriteset_Map:218:in `_animationSprite_update'
    Spriteset_Map:213:in `each'
    Spriteset_Map:213:in `_animationSprite_update'
    AnimationSprite:91:in `update'
    Scene_Map:49:in `updateSpritesets'

I looked in the character folder, and the file 'pokeballs on the left' is not in the character folder (niether is 'pokeballs on the right' which I am sure would go along with it) Does anybody have these?

Years
  • U have to replace it.

Fblaster gave me a way to give the caterpillar event. I put it into a new project. If someone want it, here it is : http://www.4shared.com/file/43097601/71580fe/Projet_1.html

Just a few words about it. For now, it works for 4 players : the hero and three others and the only moves are the normal ones : go to left, right, up or down. The 3 other players are images, not real players. When u want some of them to go in a battle 2vs 2 with u, u have to use the registerpartnertrainer thing.
    The 4 events must be put on every map u do. And the switch caterpillar must be desactivated every time u go from a map to another.
    I also put switches on the player : when u want to had a player to the caterpillar, u just have to activate his switch.

If someone want to improve it for other moves (run, jump,...) for example, feel free to do it
    and please, give the way u do it here :p.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Well, I need some help about the starter kit.
    How to show a pokeball sprite in Pokedex if you already caught the pokemon?

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • U have to replace it.

Fblaster gave me a way to give the caterpillar event. I put it into a new project. If someone want it, here it is : http://www.4shared.com/file/43097601/71580fe/Projet_1.html

Just a few words about it. For now, it works for 4 players : the hero and three others and the only moves are the normal ones : go to left, right, up or down. The 3 other players are images, not real players. When u want some of them to go in a battle 2vs 2 with u, u have to use the registerpartnertrainer thing.
    The 4 events must be put on every map u do. And the switch caterpillar must be desactivated every time u go from a map to another.
    I also put switches on the player : when u want to had a player to the caterpillar, u just have to activate his switch.

If someone want to improve it for other moves (run, jump,...) for example, feel free to do it
    and please, give the way u do it here :p.

Oh, that's not the kind of caterpillar i need, then. Because I need one that really adds one hero, since I can't possibly add 386 extra events in every map, you see? =P
    Thanks anyway.

Years
  • I see what u mean. But I really dont know how to do it :p.

The simplest way I found to make a caterpillar was this one. I just have to copy the events everytime I begin a new map.

U would have to do it in the general script but how, that's the question :p.

Comming back to my gif problem, Wichu, do u know what's the problem, why only the first frame appears when I just use

sprite.x=200
    sprite.y=100

in an event?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    As I said, the frame is only changed when the update method is called. It might be a good idea to make the event in the script editor instead, or at least, just that section.

Years
  • Yes but how do u use it?
    I tried
    sprite.x=200
    sprite.y=100
    sprite.update

and sprite=GifSprite.new("Graphics/Pictures/myimage.gif")
    sprite.x=200
    sprite.y=100
    sprite=sprite.update

but it does nothing :/ .

Years
  • Hello everybody.

When I'm healing my Pokémon in a Pokémon Center, I get this error :

Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Characters/pokeballs on left
    BitmapCache:91:in `load_bitmap'
    BitmapCache:130:in `character'
    Sprite_Character:62:in `update_or'
    PerspectiveTilemap:406:in `shadow_update'
    Shadow:169:in `update'
    Spriteset_Map:218:in `_animationSprite_update'
    Spriteset_Map:213:in `each'
    Spriteset_Map:213:in `_animationSprite_update'
    AnimationSprite:91:in `update'
    Scene_Map:49:in `updateSpritesets'

I think that the Pokeballs Picture is missed.

Do you know I can fix it ?

Years
  • Hello everybody.

When I'm healing my Pokémon in a Pokémon Center, I get this error :

I think that the Pokeballs Picture is missed.

Do you know I can fix it ?

The solution to your solution was given at the previous page.

Download this : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O67MEM7R

The images must go in characters, the audio file in ME. And since the only problem seems to be the images, u dont have to replace the scene_map in your script.

Years
  • Shame on me...

However, thank you ! :)

EDIT : Hey, I would like to know if it's possible to show the HPbar in the second page of the summary (like in FR & LF) ?

Thank you.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Well, I need some help about the starter kit.
    How to show a pokeball sprite in Pokedex if you already caught the pokemon?

Sorry, anyone could help ?
    And here's another question.
    How to change the trainercard picture when switch 20 is on ?
    That means when switch 20 is on, the trainercard will change its look.

Last edited:
    Years
  • To answer to your first question OmegaGroudon, if u are satisfied with a pokeball in the upperleft of the screen when u point to a pokemon u own, u can replace the class Window_Pokedex in PokemonPokedex by

Spoiler:

For the pokeball wich appears for each pokemon owned, I haven't found an answer yet. I only succeed to do it for the first "screen" of the pokedex with

Spoiler:

But it doesn't work for pokemon wich have a number greater than 10 because I use a i*32 for the y of the bitmap (pbCopyBitmap(self.contents,@pokeball,210,i*32)) and then the pokeball image is out of the screen...

Edit : I have found it ^^.
    Here is the script that u must replace :

Spoiler:

It seems to work fine. If u find a problem, say it ;).

To answer to your second question. Replace the pbStartScene in PokemonTrainerCard by :

Spoiler:

TrainerCard.png is the first trainer card u have in the game and trcard.png is the second, when the switch 20 is activated

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back