• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
  • I have been creating a game in RPGMXP for a while now, and recently decided to add in DPP moves and abilities. However I keep getting the following error and have no idea what the problem is. Any ideas?

If I am not mistaken, the term 'Undefined value' means it doesn't recognize what you have inputted. Could you post what you have wrote for the move in PB moves please?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Off the top of my head, to change the terrain tags for reflections, go to Spriteset_Map and find something that looks a little like this:(terraintag is not the exact variable, I'm just recalling some work I did on PE : O.

Code:
    If terraintag != 5
    bleh
    else
    bleh
    end
    Change the 5 to whatever terrain tag. If you want more than one do :
    Code:
    If terraintag != 6 or 7 or 8

Thx, I was with problems on locating it ;p.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    Thats the problem. I thought that PBMoves was one of those automatically generated scripts and am unable to find it.

The only thing I can think of is something wrong with the move "Pluck", in moves.txt, yet I failed to have found any problem with it.

This is what I have on moves.txt:
    365,PLUCK,PLUCK,E0,60,FLYING,Physical,100,20,0,00,0,abef,Cute,"The user pecks the foe. If the foe is holding a Berry, the user plucks it and gains its effect."

Years
  • I recently updated my version of essentials to the most recent one (to fix an error), the game runs fine except that the font is all screwy. I don't know how to fix it so that is the normal fonts.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I was just wondering if there is way to check if a Pokemon is the first in a trainers party.
    I want to make a pokemon follow you script/event that I'd share, but I need to know how to check a first party slot.
    if $trainer.party[0].species==PBSpecies::RATTATA

...Or something to that effect.

Thanks. It was called Move:FLAMETHROWER.

I deleted it, and no longer get the error in-game...but my custom animation still isn't there. What might be the problem?

(EDIT: Checked back in the editor.exe's animation editor, and deleting it from the RMXP DB just made it vanish completely. -sigh-)
    How many colons should there be between "Move" and the move's name? You have one there, and ~JV~ mentioned two. I don't know if there's a typo involved, but that's what I noticed.

I have been creating a game in RPGMXP for a while now, and recently decided to add in DPP moves and abilities. However I keep getting the following error and have no idea what the problem is. Any ideas?

Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Undefined value PLUCK1 in PBMoves (section 22, key Moves)
    Compiler:1717:in `checkEnumField'
    Compiler:1739:in `csvEnumField!'
    Compiler:2003:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:1982:in `each'
    Compiler:1982:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:1980:in `loop'
    Compiler:2054:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:1969:in `each'
    Compiler:1969:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:1968:in `each'
    "PLUCK1"? Doesn't look like "PLUCK" to me.

Wherever you've been using PLUCK1, change it to match what's in the moves.txt (i.e. PLUCK).

Years
  • I have a problem with this.
    I put down grass saved tested it I have a pokemon and I walk on the grass for five minutes and I don't find any wild pokemon. How can I fix that? (Yes I used the medium length grass.)

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I have a problem with this.
    I put down grass saved tested it I have a pokemon and I walk on the grass for five minutes and I don't find any wild pokemon. How can I fix that? (Yes I used the medium length grass.)

Did you set encounters for the map?

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Maruno the script returns a syntax error. I tried to edit it without any success. I believe it's not possible.

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    I've some big problems.
    When I press a key to open the menu, I get this weird error:

Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `trainer' for #<PokeBattle_Trainer:0x51d1168>
    PokemonMenu:118:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    Scene_Map:183:in `call_menu'
    Scene_Map:157:in `update'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'
    Scene_Map:64:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:71:in `main'
    Main:56:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    Main:31:in `mainFunction'
    Main:31:in `pbCriticalCode'
    Main:31:in `mainFunction'

I don't know WTH is going so can someone please help me out?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hey, where i can find code for this like pokemon graphics in summary screen i mean line like Graphics/Battlers/ and here where i can find this?

Years
  • Encounters still don't work. I am using the medium grass.
    Am I supposed to use the land for encounters on the grass?
    Never mind I figured it out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    I figured my problem out. The naming error was present within the Pokemon file rather than moves for some reason.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Maruno the script returns a syntax error. I tried to edit it without any success. I believe it's not possible.
    OF course it's possible. It's easy.

Since there's a syntax error, it's most likely in the second half (after the double equals). Just put "RATTATA" on the right, and see if that works. Also, try getting rid of the "if" part, see if that works.

As for putting into use, it'd help if I knew what you wanted to do. I presume you're talking to someone and they say something different depending on whether a particular pokémon is at the lead of your party. For this, put a conditional branch in the NPC's event, go to page 4 and select the "script" bit and paste in what I said (with suitable corrections).

I want to set up more than one location for one map in the region map, any good ideas ;p?
    How do you mean? Do you want multiple points of interest ("Oak's Lab", "My house", etc.? Although why "My house" would be on a tourist map I don't know...)

Or do you want to make a big town that covers 2/3/4 squares in the Region Map and have each one link to the same overworld map (i.e. Fly to the same place regardless of which square you click on)? All you'd need to do is set it up as normal for one of the squares, then do the same for the rest of them. Technically speaking, on the Region Map they'd be considered 4 different places, just right next to each other and with the same name and on the same map. Use "townmapgen" for best results.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    How do you add your own fake pokemon into this? Sorry if it's a noobish question, but I've just recently started learning about scripting.

Years
  • I've been trying to change Dive to Whirlpool but I keep getting a Syntax error at line 2495.
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Pure Gold
    Script 'PokemonField' line 2495: SyntaxError occurred.
    OK

And the script is attached below, its PokemonField btw.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Nope both Fail, after playing around I checked the error log and it seems that in most cases it returns that party is an unidentified method.
    As for the use the I want to make that HG/SS poke follow you thing . So far I have a prototype as a common event that checks if a trainer has the pokemon in his party and changes the graphics of an dependent event accordingly, but I order for it to work I need to check only the first party slot.
    I think I should just drop it. maybe someone else will figure out an better way to make this work, as I can't as it seems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back