• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    Thank you very much your like my god now <3

Oh and do I really need the script since it's name shows up in the encounters in the editor?

Haha, no problem. And no the script was just an event i made to test the encounter. Modifying the encounters will work fine. That script was just a way of setting a single encounter with the pokemon you made so you don't have to test through a ton of battles to encounter the pokemon you are adding.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to answer if i can.
    ~Shadowdrake77

Years
  • My game includes an exact copy of Fire/Leaf Green in it. It's the first region you go to. Like the overworld and the trainers and stuff are the same, but the legendaries and pokemon encounters change. So my question is...Is there anywhere I can download a blank Kanto region already made with Pokemon Essentials? Then I could just download it, import it, and begin working. It would save me hundreds of hours of time.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    My game includes an exact copy of Fire/Leaf Green in it. It's the first region you go to. Like the overworld and the trainers and stuff are the same, but the legendaries and pokemon encounters change. So my question is...Is there anywhere I can download a blank Kanto region already made with Pokemon Essentials? Then I could just download it, import it, and begin working. It would save me hundreds of hours of time.
    Most likely not for tileset difference, and map data difference

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • My game includes an exact copy of Fire/Leaf Green in it. It's the first region you go to. Like the overworld and the trainers and stuff are the same, but the legendaries and pokemon encounters change. So my question is...Is there anywhere I can download a blank Kanto region already made with Pokemon Essentials? Then I could just download it, import it, and begin working. It would save me hundreds of hours of time.

If you mean you want the maps, your best bet is to probably go here. Last time I checked, PokeMon Global Revolution's download isn't encrypted and therefore easy to modify. They may have changed it, I'm not sure. Anyway, their maps aren't 100% accurate, and you would have to redo/fix a bit of events, but in general, it should take a load off your hands. o.o

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey, I need with the last thing I mentioned.
    I have got into a "solution" to my issue, I reated these linea:

$game_map.setup(Map ID here)
    $game_player.moveto(x and y coordinates here)

But the problem is that I don't know where to put them in order to show another intro sequence, instead of the default one. My point is to show a sequence by eventing on any map, then, after the sequence ends, go to the intro script(where you see the "Press Start" thing) by putting a script command with "$scene = Scene_Intro.new" and that's it. I want my intro sequence to be fancy and take control over it... the default one "does whatever it wants", and I can't do anything to edit it.

Any help?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Would anyone mind posting the code for a "roadblock" so you can't leave the first town without a Pokemon, preferably including a rival battle for once you have obtained the Pokemon. I have been trying to do this for a while but the roadblock stays even after you get the Pokemon. (Yes I have activated the condition, "Got Pokemon". Thanks in advance. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    Would anyone mind posting the code for a "roadblock" so you can't leave the first town without a Pokemon, preferably including a rival battle for once you have obtained the Pokemon. I have been trying to do this for a while but the roadblock stays even after you get the Pokemon. (Yes I have activated the condition, "Got Pokemon". Thanks in advance. ^_^

In RPG Maker, place an event on the tile location of the roadblock. Under list of event commands:

Code:
    Text: Wait, I need a pokemon!
    Set Move Route: Player
                           : $>Turn 180
                           : $>1 Step Forward
    Wait for Move's Completion

You might want to add the ignore if cant move option so your game doesn't get stuck, but you shouldn't need it for this case. Now (i think this is the part you need help with) add a new event page. On the left side of the event window, under conditions, check box the first switch and then click on the arrow to choose the switch. For this case probably 0002: Got Pokemon. There should be no code on the right. Options on both: move animation and through should be checked and for trigger, the first page (with the turn around code) should be player touch. The second doesn't matter, but i put action button (i think that is default). Make sure you turn on the control switch you are using, otherwise it will read as that switch is off and keep blocking you. That will give you a roadblock where it turns you back if you don't have a pokemon.

To add a rival battle, copy the second page to a third. On the second page add the rival battle code. Make sure to add at the bottom to turn on self switch A! On the third page, add self switch A is ON to the conditions. This should result in a roadblock if u have no pokemon, a rival battle the first time through, and a normal passable tile otherwise. For rival battle code check the notes for giving a player supplied name, and/or code the rival like an regular enemy trainer.

~Shadowdrake77

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    Shades=[
    Tone.new(-172,-172,-22,68), # 0
    Tone.new(-172,-172,-22,68), # 16
    Tone.new(-162,-162,-22,68), # 32
    Tone.new(-155,-155,-21,68), # 48

Tone.new(-145,-145,-20,62), # 64
    Tone.new(-125,-125,-18,52), # 80
    Tone.new(-100,-100,-15,32), # 96
    Tone.new(-35,-45,-3,17), # 112

Tone.new(25,-18,-32,0), # 128
    Tone.new(6,-9,-17,0), # 144
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),

Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0),
    Tone.new(0,0,0,0)
    ]

Is this the script where i edit the night tint? If so, which one should i edit to change the tone for night?

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    In RPG Maker, place an event on the tile location of the roadblock. Under list of event commands:

Code:
    Text: Wait, I need a pokemon!
    Set Move Route: Player
                           : $>Turn 180
                           : $>1 Step Forward
    Wait for Move's Completion
    You might want to add the ignore if cant move option so your game doesn't get stuck, but you shouldn't need it for this case. Now (i think this is the part you need help with) add a new event page. On the left side of the event window, under conditions, check box the first switch and then click on the arrow to choose the switch. For this case probably 0002: Got Pokemon. There should be no code on the right. Options on both: move animation and through should be checked and for trigger, the first page (with the turn around code) should be player touch. The second doesn't matter, but i put action button (i think that is default). Make sure you turn on the control switch you are using, otherwise it will read as that switch is off and keep blocking you. That will give you a roadblock where it turns you back if you don't have a pokemon.

To add a rival battle, copy the second page to a third. On the second page add the rival battle code. Make sure to add at the bottom to turn on self switch A! On the third page, add self switch A is ON to the conditions. This should result in a roadblock if u have no pokemon, a rival battle the first time through, and a normal passable tile otherwise. For rival battle code check the notes for giving a player supplied name, and/or code the rival like an regular enemy trainer.

~Shadowdrake77

Thanks, I have done all this, but after you obtain your Pokemon the event still appears, any ideas why?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    My questions at back pages wasn't answered. So I show them here:

For the first one, I believe you can set the $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBG (or something like that) variable. As for the second, I'm not quite sure what you mean... Do you mean making the map image larger than the screen? If so, you'll have to script the scrolling mechanism or whatever you want to use yourself...

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    Thanks, I have done all this, but after you obtain your Pokemon the event still appears, any ideas why?

I don't know. Sounds like the switch isn't getting turned on or the move route is on both pages. If the first page has no conditions and the move route in event commands, and the second has only 002:Got Pokemon is ON under conditions and no event commands, as soon as you get a pokemon it should only run the second page (do nothing). Try copying the event from the 'Test Map' that came with essentials as that works and that is what i based my answer on. I believe it is EV007 directly under the water on tile 013,011. Other than that, you need to add the line:

Code:
    Control Switches: [0002: Got Pokemon] = ON

to the end of you event in which the player gets the pokemon. This has to be turned ON no matter which pokemon is chosen so make sure you didnt put it inside and if statement and only works for one pokemon, not all 3. Beyond this, i am not sure i can be of much more help unless i see your code/events.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I don't know. Sounds like the switch isn't getting turned on or the move route is on both pages. If the first page has no conditions and the move route in event commands, and the second has only 002:Got Pokemon is ON under conditions and no event commands, as soon as you get a pokemon it should only run the second page (do nothing). Try copying the event from the 'Test Map' that came with essentials as that works and that is what i based my answer on. I believe it is EV007 directly under the water on tile 013,011. Other than that, you need to add the line:

Code:
    Control Switches: [0002: Got Pokemon] = ON
    to the end of you event in which the player gets the pokemon. This has to be turned ON no matter which pokemon is chosen so make sure you didnt put it inside and if statement and only works for one pokemon, not all 3. Beyond this, i am not sure i can be of much more help unless i see your code/events.

Thanks, I've got it now, it was because I did not have a control switch on the part where the professor gives you your Pokemon, how stupid of me. :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    Getting this error when I try to go to the choose move screen in battle

Exception: NoMethodError
    PBMove:45:in `totalpp'
    PokeBattle_Move:29:in `totalpp'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:339:in `refresh'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:240:in `battler='
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1944:in `pbFightMenu'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2404:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2398:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2453:in `pbCommandPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2387:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2387:in `pbCommandPhase'

any suggestions would be great

maaddogg

Epic spriter in the making!!
    Years
  • what script handles the siize of the border?
    i put a border with a custom size that was smaller than the original but when i tested it the game just showed the customborder with black around it were the original border should be!

please help!>_<

thanks in advance to anyone who helps

superclaw

Pokemon Laon in development
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    When playtesting a few maps in RMXP (with the tilesets from Essentials) al ot of tiles can be passed when they should not be, and the player appears uder some tiles (like grass) when he should be above it. I just started in RMXP so I dont know what to do.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • Make sure to check the terrain tags and priorities of tiles. Priorities should be nothing but a dot if you appear on top of them. Tops of trees and most roof edges should have a priority of one, and lower parts of roofs, such as the PokéMon Centers should have a priority of 2, then a priority of one, like so...

Code:
    |1|1|1|1|
    |2|2|2|2|
    |○|○|○|○|
    |○|○|○|○|
    If that doesn't work, make sure you haven't used any events that involved turning THROUGH on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back