• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    Thanks, I'm working on it right now along with the list of alternate costumes. (Tho I'm not lazy, so don't expect to morph into a character, in my game. You can still tell who you are, you just look similar to the other person. [It's like wearing their clothes.])

Anyone got a quick command/script/whatever that can do this for me, I looked thru the notes:

* Checks entire party for a Pokemon whom is at least Level X.
    * Displays text, Pokemon Y was able to do Z. (Z is defined by me as an action.)

It's part of a flashback event, so I was wondering...

ldida1

The penguin who likes pie.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2011
    I Need help with hidden move fly...
    I have made healing spots on town map gen and and made a map and all that but when i test the game and choose fly it wont let me fly anywhere... what am i doing wrong?

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
    I need help with figuring out how to use the cut trees as well as making it so that the character jumps over the hill thingy.

I have the cut tree set, the animation is in the works, but how do I make it so that I only have the option of cutting it if I have a pokemon with the move CUT in my party?

As far as the hill thing goes, how do I make it so that the character actually JUMPS over it, as opposed to not being able to pass it, or just walking OVER it?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I need help with figuring out how to use the cut trees as well as making it so that the character jumps over the hill thingy.

I have the cut tree set, the animation is in the works, but how do I make it so that I only have the option of cutting it if I have a pokemon with the move CUT in my party?

As far as the hill thing goes, how do I make it so that the character actually JUMPS over it, as opposed to not being able to pass it, or just walking OVER it?

If you are in debug mode, you will be able to use any HM regardless of whether or not you have a pokemon that can use it. Test it using the Game.exe.

With ledges, you have to set the terrain tag to 1, then set the 4 directional passage so that the passage arrow is pointing toward where the player will be coming from. Only 1 direction should be allowed.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    I get this whenever I run a wid battle:
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError

PokeBattle_Battle:523:in `pbSetSeen'

PokeBattle_Battle:638:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:549:in `pbStartBattle'

PokemonField:753:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:752:in `pbSceneStandby'

PokemonField:754:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:751:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonField:751:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:1069:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'

PokemonField:1092:in `pbOnStepTaken'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   
    And this whenever I run a trainer battle.
    Code:
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section069:523:in `pbSetSeen'undefined method `true' for false:FalseClass

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::TEAMMAGMA_Male,"Grunt",_I("A very good battle, indeed."),false,0)

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokeBattle_Battle:718:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:549:in `pbStartBattle'

PokemonTrainers:411:in `pbTrainerBattle'

PokemonTrainers:410:in `pbSceneStandby'

PokemonTrainers:412:in `pbTrainerBattle'

PokemonTrainers:409:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonTrainers:409:in `pbTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:785:in `eval'

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:785:in `command_111'

Interpreter:318:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:191:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:196:in `update'

Scene_Map:96:in `update'

Scene_Map:94:in `loop'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   
    Any help?

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    How would i go about giving a trainer a shiny pokemon? not me, the opponent!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    In the Editor, got to Edit Trainers, Select the Pokemon you want to be shiny, and go down to the bottom right above Shadow it'll say Shiny=false. Just switch it to true.

ldida1

The penguin who likes pie.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2011
    Please help me with fly i have travelled to the place i want to fly but it still wont fly nothing happens.
    I have changed the healing point in the townmap gen and on the editor.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I solved the issue with Button Input Processing. There were just some extra scripts that needed to be commented out. It hasn't caused any stability issues, so it seems safe enough. My next problem is with new terrain tags. I've already defined a tag as "Mud," and just placed it over every instance of the sand tag. It's supposed to make the player move at 1/2 speed, however it does nothing. Here's the formula I'm using, and I've tried many variations:

elsif event==$game_player && currentTag==PBTerrain::Mud
    event.move_speed==move_speed / 2
    end

The above is under Events.onStepTakenFieldMovement in PokemonField (around line 1005).
    I've also used $game_player.move_speed instead of event.move_speed, with no difference.

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
    Well I notice an syntax error in your code above its "else if" I think your missing something else in the above code. Should mud be capital?

It is actually "elsif" (yes, without the 'e'). While 'else if' could also be used, you're actually just creating an entire second if statement. Elsif can be used within the same if statement, generally making things easier.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Well I notice an syntax error in your code above its "else if" I think your missing something else in the above code. Should mud be capital?

This is the code within the scripts already written for essentials:

Code:
    Events.onStepTakenFieldMovement+=proc{|sender,e|
     event=e[0] # Get the event affected by field movement
     currentTag=pbGetTerrainTag(event)
     if currentTag==PBTerrain::Grass
      $scene.spriteset.addUserAnimation(GRASS_ANIMATION_ID,event.x,event.y)
      elsif event==$game_player && currentTag==PBTerrain::WaterfallCrest
      # Descend waterfall, but only if this event is the player
      Kernel.pbDescendWaterfall(event)
      elsif $game_map.terrain_tag(event.x,event.y)==PBTerrain::Ice
      Kernel.pbSlideOnIce(event)
      [B][COLOR=Blue]elsif[/COLOR] event==$game_player && currentTag==PBTerrain::Mud
      event.move_speed==2
      [COLOR=Blue]end[/COLOR][/B]
    }
    Also, yes mud was defined with a capital M.
    This is not the only instance where the Mud tag had to be scripted in, however it is what is supposed to define it's function. The rest of the references to mud are just defining it in the same way as other tags. To clarify, it doesn't throw an error. It simply does nothing.

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    This is the code within the scripts already written for essentials:

Code:
    Events.onStepTakenFieldMovement+=proc{|sender,e|
     event=e[0] # Get the event affected by field movement
     currentTag=pbGetTerrainTag(event)
     if currentTag==PBTerrain::Grass
      $scene.spriteset.addUserAnimation(GRASS_ANIMATION_ID,event.x,event.y)
      elsif event==$game_player && currentTag==PBTerrain::WaterfallCrest
      # Descend waterfall, but only if this event is the player
      Kernel.pbDescendWaterfall(event)
      elsif $game_map.terrain_tag(event.x,event.y)==PBTerrain::Ice
      Kernel.pbSlideOnIce(event)
      [B][COLOR=blue]elsif[/COLOR] event==$game_player && currentTag==PBTerrain::Mud[/B]
    [B]event.move_speed==2[/B]
    [B][COLOR=blue]end[/COLOR][/B]
    }
    Also, yes mud was defined with a capital M.
    This is not the only instance where the Mud tag had to be scripted in, however it is what is supposed to define it's function. The rest of the references to mud are just defining it in the same way as other tags. To clarify, it doesn't throw an error. It simply does nothing.

@Mr. chewy I just perfer clear code. I dont like the shortcuts that are allowed, in my mind its an syntax error... In the compliers code its allowed...

@kitsune it appears he calls the global events when the statement is true, try doing this the same way. (kernel.statement) i believe is a call to a global object. I could be wrong though, your code looks fine I dunno why its not working keep trying differnt things.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    @kitsune it appears he calls the global events when the statement is true, try doing this the same way. (kernel.statement) i believe is a call to a global object. I could be wrong though, your code looks fine I dunno why its not working keep trying differnt things.
    I looked through the scripts and it appears that only the HM related terrain tags, and the ice tag, are like that. For example: the ice tag calls Kernel.pbSlideOnIce, but the tags for ledges and grass don't.

Also, the ice tag calls that global event in the same way that grass defines it's function, except grass doesn't reference to an outside script but instead defines its behavior locally.

I also made a global event for mud, and called it the same way ice calls its global event, and it still did nothing. And, I made it have a syntax error so I could see if it was calling it at all, and it was. The problem is likely the equation, but I haven't been able to fix it yet.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    lezebulon;5634745]>event.move_speed==2
    no
    doesn't work like that
    Is it possible to change the character's movement speed with a script, instead of events? I know how to define the speed of walking, running, and the bike, but those are static. There should be some script that functions like the different aspects of set move route. I know how to event something like this, but it would get very ugly...

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    Anyone got a quick command/script/whatever that can do this for me, I looked thru the notes:

Hate to sound like a whiner, but this is just a little bit important for the game. Kind of tells your character's backstory. I've tried messing around but got nothing.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Thanks, I'm working on it right now along with the list of alternate costumes. (Tho I'm not lazy, so don't expect to morph into a character, in my game. You can still tell who you are, you just look similar to the other person. [It's like wearing their clothes.])

Check the party for a pokémon with level greater than or equal to 30:
    Code:
    for pkmn in $Trainer.party
      if pkmn.level>=[COLOR=Red]30[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Red]<do whatever you want>[/COLOR]
        break
      end
    end
    Display text:
    Code:
    action=_INTL("[COLOR=Red]Vine Whip[/COLOR]")
    text=_INTL("[COLOR=Red]{1} was able to do {2}.[/COLOR]",pkmn.name,action)
    Kernel.pbMessage(text)

Doesn't take a genius, to be honest.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
    I'm not sure if this has been answered already, but I tried to have one of the NPCs in my game give the player the Running Shoes and Pokedex using the script provided in Test Map 2 but it didn't work for some reason. Can anyone explain this to me or give me the proper script?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back