• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Ok Im no't sure what you ment by Deregister your partner and PbChangePlayer() was there so Im no't sure how to fix it at all thank you for answering my other questions so it would be awesome if you or someone could still answer these
    Are you by any chance using a dependent event you made yourself? I found that when I made the simple pbRegisterPartner event, I got an error, but the one with Essentials worked fine. Also, don't fight a single trainer if you are using a dependent event, you should talk to the dependent event and select yes when prompted to deregister. Make sure the dependent event follows the template of the Brawly one in Essentials. I'm not positive about your other error, since I couldn't replicate it. Did you modify anything in the editor about the player character? If you have the pbChangePlayer, then the player should be defined, unless you changed something in the editor that makes it incompatible. If all else fails, re-download essentials and drop what you have so far into it (it's easy, you can go to the Data folder and copy the Maps (numbered Map001, etc.), MapInfos, and Import any images you may be using).

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I need help with the regional pokedex stuff...
    I found a post with how to set up the regional pokedex but i dont get it...
    In pokemon.txt i have inserted RegionalNumbers= and what number in the pokedex i want the pokemon to be but when i put in: [FONT=&quot]return 1 if $game_switches[100][/FONT] instead of [FONT=&quot]pbGetPokedexRegion in PokemonPokedex script it comes up with: Script 'PokemonPokedex' line 242: SyntaxError occured.
    [/FONT]
    If that's all you've done to that script, the problem is that nothing is returned if switch 100 is false. Put another line underneath that one that simply says "return 0".

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Anyone know which exact values control the day night tint? I found the values and toyed with a few but nothing changed, wondering if anyone knows which exact value to edit to change the night time tint. I know where its at, just need to know the exact values to edit.

Still wondering if anyone can help with this. Its not that important but I'd like to actually change the tint if I can.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Still wondering if anyone can help with this. Its not that important but I'd like to actually change the tint if I can.
    In PokemonUtilities is module PBDayNight. Under it is an array with several values, with the array being named shades. Modifying the values in the array should change the shades. There are four individual sections, so they probably correspond to the times of day. I haven't tried it, but that's likely what you're looking for.

KingCharizard

Years
    In PokemonUtilities is module PBDayNight. Under it is an array with several values, with the array being named shades. Modifying the values in the array should change the shades. There are four individual sections, so they probably correspond to the times of day. I haven't tried it, but that's likely what you're looking for.

Again I know this, nevermind i'll figure it out eventually...

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Again I know this, nevermind i'll figure it out eventually...

I just tried it and it worked. I set all values to 255 and got a completely white screen, and all values to 100 was a partially white screen. Since you know where the module is, you should be able to play with the values to get what you're looking for, just note that only one section is used per time of day (I made sure by setting only one section to all 100s, and the other three to 255s, until I found that one that had an effect).

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    i want an in game trade... for example!
    Bob's Pikachu
    THUNDERSHOCK
    THUNDERBOLT
    THUNDER
    SURF

for
    Your Raichu
    !
    THUNDERSHOCK
    THUNDERBOLT
    THUNDERWAVE
    THUNDER
    but the point of the trade is, that when you receive the Pokémon, in this case Pikachu, it has a different move that it can neither learn, or be gained as a TM/HM, i can get the, AutoLearnMove(p,BLIZZARD), when getting given a Pokémon, to work, but everything i try for a trade doesnt work... any ideas on what i can do to make Pikachu, or any other Pokémon, "know" specified movesets?

KingCharizard

Years
    Maybe you can set up a custom pikachu, like you would if you were adding a fakemon. Then give it the assigned moves, like if its lv 5 and you want it to learn those moves, make it learn surf at lv 3 and thundershock at lv 1, thunderbold at lv 1, and thunder at lv 4...then when you trade for the pikachu it will have the four moves you require and your other pikachu's wont be affected by this move set...

KingCharizard

Years
    i thought about doing that... but wouldnt it mess up the Pokédex?

Dont give the pikachu DEX data, I think you can do that. Or just make it refrence the original dex data for pikachu. I'm working on something else so I'm not thinking bout your problem with top priority so sorry if my advice is a bit useless...

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
    Question about the visual editor:

How do you use it? I tried putting my Starting Town and Route 1 together and it ended up just overlapping the two. I'm so confused >_<

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    Think of it like a jigsaw puzzle, you can't say the puzzle is done if you shove a piece in the wrong spot, or if you just lay pieces over the board. You have to make them fit right.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    thanks anyway... new thing... probably a stupid question, but... do i have to give a Pokémon a nickname to trade?
    i realise i could just nickname the Pokémon its actual name, but it would seem stupid for Raichu to be called Pikachu when it evolves... i've tried leaving it blank between the " " and deleting them... method one gives the Pokémon no name at all and method 2 gives an error!

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
    Think of it like a jigsaw puzzle, you can't say the puzzle is done if you shove a piece in the wrong spot, or if you just lay pieces over the board. You have to make them fit right.

That doesn't really answer my question since they still overlap one another when in game.exe could you explain it differently, or show a pic. or something? >>

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    Are you by any chance using a dependent event you made yourself? I found that when I made the simple pbRegisterPartner event, I got an error, but the one with Essentials worked fine. Also, don't fight a single trainer if you are using a dependent event, you should talk to the dependent event and select yes when prompted to deregister. Make sure the dependent event follows the template of the Brawly one in Essentials. I'm not positive about your other error, since I couldn't replicate it. Did you modify anything in the editor about the player character? If you have the pbChangePlayer, then the player should be defined, unless you changed something in the editor that makes it incompatible. If all else fails, re-download essentials and drop what you have so far into it (it's easy, you can go to the Data folder and copy the Maps (numbered Map001, etc.), MapInfos, and Import any images you may be using).

I'm pretty sure that they haven't modified it at all but are using the 3/15 release which seems to have that error, because I get it too without editing it.

That doesn't really answer my question since they still overlap one another when in game.exe could you explain it differently, or show a pic. or something? >>

The edges have to be touching in the visual editor. You have to be able to see the borders.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
    I've tried to fit them that way but when in game.exe they just overlap, plus I have to get to the edge of the screen in order to move to the next map for some reason.

EDIT: I lied >> I realized I had snap edges on.

KingCharizard

Years
    thanks anyway... new thing... probably a stupid question, but... do i have to give a Pokémon a nickname to trade?
    i realise i could just nickname the Pokémon its actual name, but it would seem stupid for Raichu to be called Pikachu when it evolves... i've tried leaving it blank between the " " and deleting them... method one gives the Pokémon no name at all and method 2 gives an error!

I did you try evolving pikachu and seeing if his name was the same when he is a raichu?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    I'm deciding to use an older version of essentials untill the bug gets solved...how would I go about changing the controls? Like say, Enter opens the menu, C is the same, X runs and cancels, and Z acts as F5?

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I did you try evolving pikachu and seeing if his name was the same when he is a raichu?

yep it was still called Pikachu :S

and now a new problem, i made a new Pokédex entry with Pikachu, and tested it against a Pikachu that is not made by me, but both Pikachu have the same moveset! So i can only assume it is reading my Pikachu not the original!

just to let you no, i changed my Pikachu's internalname to PIKACHU2, so when it is called in-game, the game should read it as a different Pokémon...

but, it doesn't!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    i want an in game trade... for example!
    Bob's Pikachu
    THUNDERSHOCK
    THUNDERBOLT
    THUNDER
    SURF

for
    Your Raichu
    !
    THUNDERSHOCK
    THUNDERBOLT
    THUNDERWAVE
    THUNDER
    but the point of the trade is, that when you receive the Pokémon, in this case Pikachu, it has a different move that it can neither learn, or be gained as a TM/HM, i can get the, AutoLearnMove(p,BLIZZARD), when getting given a Pokémon, to work, but everything i try for a trade doesnt work... any ideas on what i can do to make Pikachu, or any other Pokémon, "know" specified movesets?
    I'm not exactly sure how trading works. Does the received Pokémon take up the same spot in the party the old Pokémon had, or does the rest of the party get bumped up one and the received Pokémon goes on the end?

As part of the event that does the trade, you need to select a Pokémon from your party. This Pokémon's party index number is temporarily stored in a variable, which is then looked at to see if it's the right species(/gender/nature/etc. - you can do that, by the way). It's not much of a stretch to say that, once the trade is complete, you can edit the received Pokémon's moveset in exactly the same way as you would a Pokémon you're just given (i.e. not traded for).

If the received Pokémon goes into the same spot the old Pokémon was in, just use the index number in that variable. If it gets stuck at the end of the party, just use "$trainer.party.length-1".

Rather than use pbAutoLearnMove or whatever it is (which might overwrite the wrong move), you can use something like "$Trainer.party.moves[0]=PBMoves::THUNDER" to make its first move Thunder (i is either that "length-1" thing mentioned above or "$game_variables[X]", depending on how trades work). Just put it in the event immediately after the trade finishes.

As I recall, if the nickname is blank then the Pokémon doesn't have a nickname and therefore uses its species name. Rather than deleting the "", just don't put anything between them, e.g. pbStartTrade(pbGet(1),PBSpecies::HAUNTER,"","DAVE"). The OT is Dave, but there's no nickname there.

I'm deciding to use an older version of essentials untill the bug gets solved...how would I go about changing the controls? Like say, Enter opens the menu, C is the same, X runs and cancels, and Z acts as F5?
    PokemonEntry, def self.buttonToKey. It's not as difficult as it looks, because all the keys you want are already labelled - you just need to move the codes around a bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back