• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    If you're referring to changing ALL of the text in game to black, then you would have to go to every script that a font color is defined, and make it black. There is no universal font that is or could be applied to all of the in-game fonts.

Yeah I figured as much that seems like a huge hassle dunno if I'll do it...

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    I'm pretty sure this has been asked, but after some extensive searching I still can't find the answer. There is a ME for trainer intros (when they first see you, before battle), but it will play through until it finishes, delaying the battle music. I tried some obvious things, like pbMEStop(), but that doesn't stop it. Any ideas?

I've had this same issue. I made a temp fix if you want to use it.

Start with this code on the event screen.

-Play the background music that is currently playing with a volume setting of 0.
    -Place your ME files that are the trainer intros and place them in your SE folder.
    -Play your trainer intro file directly under the previous BGM file so it reads like this.

Play BGM: 'file', 0, 100
    Play SE: 'trainerintro', 80, 100

-Have the event as normal, but at the end of the event play the same BGM file with with either 80 or 100 volume, which ever you choose.

So finally you should get an event like this:

Play BGM: 'file', 0, 100
    Play SE: 'trainerintro', 80, 100
    Script: pbTrainerIntro(:YOUNGSTER)
    Script: Kernal.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
    Text: Let's Fight!
    Stop SE
    Conditional Branch: Script:pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::YOUNGSTER,"Bob",_I("..."),false,0)
    Control Self Switch: A=ON

Branch End
    Script: pbTrainerEnd
    Play BGM: 'file', 100, 100

Just note that with this, the intro will not loop. It will play once. Also, i don't know if it matters that there is a midi in the SE folder, but it shouldn't matter, just convert your file to either an mp3 or wav. I hope this helps.

Also, I noticed that when I made my credits screen that it infinitely repeats. When I make a switch to prevent it from repeating, the credits play for 0 seconds (i.e, doesn't play or wait for credits to finish), and the switch activates. How do I make it so that the switch doesn't turn on until after the credits finish?

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    @thepsynergist: I figured it would be something like use SE instead of ME, but converting MIDIs never seems to go very well, and SE won't use MIDIs. However, I did some messing around and found a simpler and better fix. Go to PokemonTrainers line 307. It should say trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty). On the line below it, simply put pbMEStop(). This stops the ME immediately after the text, and the battle music starts normally.

EDIT: I think you'll like this better. Instead of the abrupt stop, this will make it fade nicely:
    Audio.me_fade(2500). It would be even better if the battle bgm started sooner. If you know how to change that, let me know.

One more thing: with the move payday, you receive money when @internalbattle and @moneygained>0. However, it will only display {trainername} picked up ${money} in a wild battle. How does it tell the difference between the trainer battle and wild battle, when both use @internalbattle? The @internalbattle also applies to trainers, which creates a minor problem with my item drop script.

Last edited:

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `i' for #<Window_AdvancedCommandPokemon:0x5245b60>
    SpriteWindow:3187:in `drawItem'
    SpriteWindow:3014:in `refresh'
    SpriteWindow:3010:in `each'
    SpriteWindow:3010:in `refresh'
    SpriteWindow:2991:in `baseColor='
    SpriteWindow:3126:in `initialize'
    PokemonStorage:2100:in `new'
    PokemonStorage:2100:in `pbMark'
    PokemonStorage:244:in `pbMark'
    PokemonStorage:587:in `pbStartScreen'

Any idea what this means, I tried adding some new marks for Pokemon in the script, but I didn't think it would crash...?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Each cave map has an exit point associated with it, for the use of Escape Rope and Dig. Is there a way to set the exit point to be where you entered the cave, rather than having it set depending on the map you Dig from?

For example, I have a cave with two entrances. If I set the exit point to one of these entrances, then when going backwards through it I can just take one step inside, use an Escape Rope and jump to the other entrance.

Alternatively, if I set the maps to use the "whichever is closer" entrance, then I can skip the last portion of the cave once I get close enough to that entrance. So that's not a solution.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Each cave map has an exit point associated with it, for the use of Escape Rope and Dig. Is there a way to set the exit point to be where you entered the cave, rather than having it set depending on the map you Dig from?

For example, I have a cave with two entrances. If I set the exit point to one of these entrances, then when going backwards through it I can just take one step inside, use an Escape Rope and jump to the other entrance.

Alternatively, if I set the maps to use the "whichever is closer" entrance, then I can skip the last portion of the cave once I get close enough to that entrance. So that's not a solution.
    This probably isn't much help, but maybe you could try looking at how the Pokemon Center respawn works. It manages to remember the last Pokemon Center you visited, and then sends you to that particular one upon defeat. If you find the part that determines the last used Pokemon Center, you should be able to adapt it without too much trouble. You may have to make a check for PBEnviromnet::Cave where dig and escape ropes are handled, and instead of pokecenterMapID=game_map.map_id, make a new one called something like enterCave.

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Years
    I can't seem to get the intro ME's to play at all...even in the latest Pokemon essentials build...can anyone see if its working for them? I'm stumped....

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I can't seem to get the intro ME's to play at all...even in the latest Pokemon essentials build...can anyone see if its working for them? I'm stumped....
    Try leaving the area and going to somewhere that the bgm starts, or a wild battle. For some reason, I often won't get any music to start until I battle or change maps, which is fairly annoying.

gsorby

Pokémon Spiritanium Creator
    Years
    Type Problem

Hey everyone, I was wondering if you could help me out. Something wrong with my types. When I go against A Pokémon with two types, for example a Spiritomb, his secondary type is dark. When I use a Bug move, it's super-effective. When I use a Ghost move, its not very effective. It does it on all pokemon. It's the secondary type that it recognizes. Any help would be great. Thanks, Gsorby.

thepsynergist

Years
    Try leaving the area and going to somewhere that the bgm starts, or a wild battle. For some reason, I often won't get any music to start until I battle or change maps, which is fairly annoying.

Okay, I got the intro ME to play by playing it as an event command, but now the trainer battle theme doesn't start... Any idea?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Okay, I got the intro ME to play by playing it as an event command, but now the trainer battle theme doesn't start... Any idea?
    I honestly don't know. I've had so many sound related problems, from bgm never playing, bgm not changing between maps, ME not playing because bgm IS playing, that I decided to ignore everything sound-related until I finished the rest of my game. I would be interested in seeing what someone comes up with for a solution to your problem though, since it might help with other sound issues.

thepsynergist

Years
    At least I know that my temp fix works great. Use it if you don't wanna mess with more scripts. Another trick to fixing it is to not use midis. Apparently when I use Pokemon Essentials, the first time a midi runs thru, it doesn't play. It was fixed for me by using waves and mp3's.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2010
    I'm pretty sure that they haven't modified it at all but are using the 3/15 release which seems to have that error, because I get it too without editing it.

Yes exactly what was going on I have now downloaded the 4/3 release which seems to have fixed that bug.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    Just a quick request Poccil, any chance you can add a section to your Pokemon Essentials website, dubbed 'Change Logs (for Idiots)' - for those of us who lack the knowledge of knowing what all those scripting words mean. XD

I would appreciate knowing if it's imperative that I upgrade or not especially when you've got a new build available. Great work though.

EDIT: Is it possible to flash something similar or equal to a new town location in the Top Left Corner? If my game is going to be 'large' and more than 999 maps is not possible, then I need to merge maps, right? If that is true, then I would still like to have it pop up in the top-left when you move locations in-game but are still on the same map otherwise.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    alright Ive got three questions
    1. is there any way to change pokemon encounters during the day and during the night?
    2. when you battle someone and it shows the pokeballs in the upper left and lower right had corner is there a way to make it look like from diamond/peral (bigger more detailed) without the spacing compleatly messing up?
    3. When ever I try to make a poke'center the tile setting always revert back to the original settings making it possible to walk through everything...any ideas?

also is there any way to show in the begging when you are picking boy or girl a running sprite like is platinum?

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    alright Ive got three questions
    1. is there any way to change pokemon encounters during the day and during the night?
    2. when you battle someone and it shows the pokeballs in the upper left and lower right had corner is there a way to make it look like from diamond/peral (bigger more detailed) without the spacing compleatly messing up?
    3. When ever I try to make a poke'center the tile setting always revert back to the original settings making it possible to walk through everything...any ideas?

also is there any way to show in the begging when you are picking boy or girl a running sprite like is platinum?

1. By "change," do you mean setting the encounters in the first place? It can be done in the editor under Set Encounters. You can define land, water, day, night, etc.
    2. To change the graphic to the diamond/pearl version, you need to replace the graphics (the obvious part), and then if it doesn't fit right, find whatever script controls the coordinates of the graphic, and changed it accordingly.
    3. I'm not sure about this one. I'm sure you did this, but just to make sure you should always hit OK whenever you make changes in the database. I think I've heard of this problem before, but I haven't personally dealt with it.
    4. This one is a little more involved, but definitely not hard. You will need a graphic for every frame of the running animation for starters. Now, you will have to modify the intro event so that it will have a Show Picture (the running sprite) for every frame in order in a conditional branch. If the condition is true (i.e. boy was chosen), then it should display this graphic (you should put it before it asks you to confirm, so that you can cancel after seeing the animation). Above, where I said to put every frame of the image in order, this actually creates the illusion of an animation by showing the pictures in sequence (you will have to loop it, or else it will only play once and then stop).

@SpawnHyuuga: You need more than 999 maps? That's kind of crazy...I like your green LD giraffe thing by the way...

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
    Hey guys, strange error here and I wonder if anyone can help me out.

Using the ability to have Events named RegularTone bypass the screen tone changes depending on the time of day, I've set up windows and lights using character sets.

For the mostpart this is ok, but there are a few glitches.

Sometimes, if I've entered a city from the north (the route map joined to the city map), the RegularTone events are 1 pixel higher than they should be. This is not the case if I enter from the east or west.

Secondly, some lights "follow" me if I walk away from them. Here's an example.

Pokémon Center is fine, right?

If I walk north, it starts following me. It'll stay in the bottom of the screen until I'm far enough along the north route to not see any part of this city anymore. But if I walk back towards the city, it reappears in the bottom of the screen until the Center is in view again and it will snap to where it's supposed to be. This happens in various cities with various lights and windows (but not all). It makes no difference if I have fewer or more events present on the map.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Hey guys, strange error here and I wonder if anyone can help me out.

Using the ability to have Events named RegularTone bypass the screen tone changes depending on the time of day, I've set up windows and lights using character sets.

For the mostpart this is ok, but there are a few glitches.

Sometimes, if I've entered a city from the north (the route map joined to the city map), the RegularTone events are 1 pixel higher than they should be. This is not the case if I enter from the east or west.

Secondly, some lights "follow" me if I walk away from them. Here's an example.

Pokémon Center is fine, right?

If I walk north, it starts following me. It'll stay in the bottom of the screen until I'm far enough along the north route to not see any part of this city anymore. But if I walk back towards the city, it reappears in the bottom of the screen until the Center is in view again and it will snap to where it's supposed to be. This happens in various cities with various lights and windows (but not all). It makes no difference if I have fewer or more events present on the map.
    I'm curious about this as well, as I have a similar problem. I noticed it with oversized characters (like a giant Giratina, or a train), where a piece of the graphic cannot leave the edge of the screen, and jumps to it's original place when you walk back to it's original location. I found in particular that if you set one of the oversized characters to move out of your field of vision, they will move until their midpoint leaves your sight, and then stop until you walk towards them, where they will then continue to move with you until finished.
    Example: (please don't comment on how bad it looks right now, I've been working with other things first) The first attached image shows the train sitting at rest. On button press, it is supposed to move right 18 squares (out of sight). It moves until the origin point passes the edge of visibility, and then stops. The second attached images shows what happens if I move. The image "moves," by remaining in the exact spot it stopped on the screen, and stays there (in relation to the screen, not the map itself).

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back