• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
  • Hm, okay, for the credits, try removing/editing these lines.
    Code:
    def cancel?
        if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
            $scene = Scene_Map.new
            return true
        end
        return false
    end

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Hm, okay, for the credits, try removing/editing these lines.
    Code:
    def cancel?
        if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
            $scene = Scene_Map.new
            return true
        end
        return false
    end

Will that prevent the credits from looping? I just want it to play thru once. Will using several wait commands in the event page work?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Sorry I'm Spanish and I express myself a bit wrong.

Will I be you can recommend some pokemon games for pc?

How do I do with the medals?
    There are only a few complete pokemon games on PC, like Pokemon Raptor and Pokemon World Online. There's a ton of fan games in production, many of which have been dropped or will be in the future. You may have to wait a year or two before the ones worth playing are finished. If you meant actual Pokemon games by Nintendo, I don't know of any.

Now, for the the thing with the medals, how exactly are you giving the player medals? Do you mean coins for the coin case? If medals are something new, then you have to have a way of giving them to the player (most likely using a variable). To do this, make an event and choose Control Variables. Then select a variable (make a new one named Medals). Then under Operation (below where you set the variable to use), set it to Add. Then choose whatever number you want to increase it by (in the window next to the word Constant). Then in another event (the event that allows you to enter this cave or whatever, which is probably a character) make a Conditional Branch. On tab 1, select Variable, and then choose the variable you made (called Medals). Then right below choose Greater than or Equal to and set the number of medals you must have to enter. You should probably look for some RMXP tutorials, especially on variables. Once you understand variables, they are easy, and incredibly useful. However, they can be confusing if you haven't messed with them before.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • Will that prevent the credits from looping? I just want it to play thru once. Will using several wait commands in the event page work?
    What essentials version/credit script are you using? The built-in one is already set to stop automatically after the credits have finished.
    Spoiler:
    If those are the same scripts you have, it shouldn't be looping. It may just be your eventing in general. The portion of the script I showed you earlier is just what's used to skip the credits.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Does anyone know where the "Name Generator" scripts/document is? I noticed if I don't put in a trainer name in the intro, it literally generates something from it's "butt." I want to be able to change/edit/add these names...?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • What essentials version/credit script are you using? The built-in one is already set to stop automatically after the credits have finished.
    Spoiler:
    If those are the same scripts you have, it shouldn't be looping. It may just be your eventing in general. The portion of the script I showed you earlier is just what's used to skip the credits.

The problem is I have the event set to event touch and make it so that the event walks toward the player. I would have used autorun, but it didn't call the credits script...So, I think using a bunch of wait commands will have the same effect and call a switch at the end of the wait commands...Its not very efficient, but it works.

And, the credits are the same as what you posted.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • In PokéMon Utilities, look for a line that says something like:
    def getRandomNameEx
    That's where the game draws random names by linking together letters. I'm sure you could change it to where it could generate a random name from a list, and another place you may also want to look, also in utilities, is
    def pbTrainerName
    I'm guessing this would be the place to edit if you wanna make it like the normal games, and have a list of maybe 3 pre-supplied names, and then the new name, which would open the name entry scene.

EDIT:
    @thepsynergist: Oh... well, good luck then. o.o Are you gonna use one of those temporary self switches like the ones used for berry giveaway's ect, so (in example) when you beat the E4 a second time the credits scene will still play again.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • I was thinking something similar to that Colbex, however I don't want it to be exactly like in the games. Instead of having the textbox display, the player could still enter an optional name, but if they didn't put in a name it would generate one from a list that's sorted by gender.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I was thinking something similar to that Colbex, however I don't want it to be exactly like in the games. Instead of having the textbox display, the player could still enter an optional name, but if they didn't put in a name it would generate one from a list that's sorted by gender.
    Look at the def pbTrainerName (in PokemonUtilities), and notice it calls the random name generator if the player doesn't enter anything. You want to replace this with two arrays - one for male names and one for female names, and to set "trname" to a random one of these depending on the player's gender. Easy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2014
    Hi!
    I discovered that it is not necessary to have old versions

Open your Editor.exe , go to "Set Metadata", go to for example Route 1, then Position Map, and mark in the map where is Route 1. Save the changes.

If Pidgey it is in Route 1, in The Pokedex the square will appear in the same place that you marked.

Sorry for my english

I'd already done that. I could tell the game knew which routes were where on the map because I didn't get the 'AREA UNKNOWN' message.

Thanks anyway though.

In regards to the red square not appearing for areas where PokéMon reside... there's no need whatsoever for copying any scripts or the like.
    In PokéMonArea, at around line 77 or 78 find:
    Code:
    def pbUpdate
     [COLOR=Red]@point.dispose[/COLOR]
     @numpoints.times {|i|
      @sprites["point#{i}"].opacity=[80,100,120,140,120,100][(Graphics.frame_count/3)%6]
     }
    end
    Remove the line in red. That should fix the problem.

Ah that's it, fantastic.

Thanks very much.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • and just when I thought all my troubles were over and it was all smooth sailing ahead, I ran headlong into another problem. great.

does anyone know how to make it so that the daycare centre can deal with seventeen pokemon as opposed to just two? obviously the whole egg compatibility/breeding thing can be ignored, it's just for gaining exp over time. I have absolutely no idea how to do this, so any thoughts or hints would be so appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    Hello people
    I would like to ask few questions plz help me if you could

1. i made an battle animation on the animation editor, and if i save it it becomes .anm file. How can I apply this to the game?

2. when making battle animation, is there any way to move the sprite of either attacker or defender? (moves like fly or dig)

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Hello people
    I would like to ask few questions plz help me if you could

1. i made an battle animation on the animation editor, and if i save it it becomes .anm file. How can I apply this to the game?

2. when making battle animation, is there any way to move the sprite of either attacker or defender? (moves like fly or dig)
    I don't know why you're getting a .anm file. It's probably easier to make the animation in RMXP first, then use the animation editor to make the pokemon move. In RMXP under the animations tab in the database, make the animation and name it Move:TACKLE, etc., for any attacks that should have animations (also, you will likely have to increase the maximum if you are doing several animations, as there may not be enough empty ones initially). To move the pokemon in the animation editor, right click on it and choose properties and set the x or y values. Make sure that you set the movement to gradually take place over several frames, with the first frame being at rest (obviously). I hope that's clear enough.

You should note, however, that making the enemy pokemon flash as part of an attack animation is a bad idea, since the pokemon graphics don't update after an animation (at least with older versions of the kit). I'll look into this later if I remember.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2014
    Quick question - TMs and HMs appear to be shown in the pocket in the order they are added.

It's not vital, but would be much more aesthetically pleasing if they could be in numerical order (TMs then HMs). Is there a way to do this?

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • In the visual editor, whenever I try to add maps to the screen, I get the following error:

Exception: RuntimeError

BitmapCache:195:in `load_bitmap'

BitmapCache:226:in `autotile'

TileDrawingHelper:69:in `fromTileset'

TileDrawingHelper:68:in `each'

TileDrawingHelper:68:in `fromTileset'

PokemonEditor:34:in `createMinimap'

PokemonEditor:1144:in `refresh'

PokemonEditor:828:in `pbListScreen'

PokemonEditor:823:in `loop'

PokemonEditor:837:in `pbListScreen'

I don't really know what I did, I didn't change anything but the tileset

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2014
    im totally lost as to whats this mean/how do i fix it. i can see a few of the lines its talking about but i have no idea what to do to fix em. im a noob at scripts, if you cant tell already haha

Exception: NoMethodError

Game_Player:96:in `refresh'

PokemonLoad:363:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

PokemonLoad:336:in `loop'

PokemonLoad:463:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

DebugIntro:6:in `main'

Main:38:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:16 :in `mainFunction'

Main:16 :in `pbCriticalCode'

Main:16 :in `mainFunction'

Main:49

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    ---------------------------
    OK
    ---------------------------

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    I don't know why you're getting a .anm file. It's probably easier to make the animation in RMXP first, then use the animation editor to make the pokemon move. In RMXP under the animations tab in the database, make the animation and name it Move:TACKLE, etc., for any attacks that should have animations (also, you will likely have to increase the maximum if you are doing several animations, as there may not be enough empty ones initially). To move the pokemon in the animation editor, right click on it and choose properties and set the x or y values. Make sure that you set the movement to gradually take place over several frames, with the first frame being at rest (obviously). I hope that's clear enough.

You should note, however, that making the enemy pokemon flash as part of an attack animation is a bad idea, since the pokemon graphics don't update after an animation (at least with older versions of the kit). I'll look into this later if I remember.

Thnx for ur reply KitsuneKouta

BTW after I make it in the RMXP database first
    how do I have to import that animation to the animation editor?
    and my problem is that I cannot export the animation editor-made move properly
    plz help me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back