• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hello,

Today I wanted to script some things for my hack, with XSE and then when I have the script ready to compile nothing happens at all. Only on the bottom of the xse screen stands compiled in .. seconds but noting happens at all further. Yeas i have opend my rom in XSE beacuse I get the XSE screen by A-map by pressing the "open script" I have already downloud XSE already but haveing still the same.

Can somebuddy help me?

You haven't got the log turned on. To do this, open XSE and click the button which looks like a piece of note paper. :3

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
It might be the warp numbers, make sure the warp your going to and coming from have the right warp numbers and map banks etc.

Yes, I checked the warp numbers. They're correct. Plus, all I did was move the original warps, so there's no way they could be wrong. :|

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Yes, I checked the warp numbers. They're correct. Plus, all I did was move the original warps, so there's no way they could be wrong. :|
In the caves there are two different ground tiles. One is a regular ground tile, while the other has a warp behavior. Check both of them in the Block Editor, and use the one with the correct behavior. Hope you didn't already try that. :)

EDIT =======>

Behavior Byte: 65 00

Background Byte: 00 01(be sure to do this too, it doesn't seem to work otherwise)

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Dexter. It's really ****** though. Mind posting exactly what the error says?

---

This problem is faced by many people using yape may be a bug

Spoiler:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
In the caves there are two different ground tiles. One is a regular ground tile, while the other has a warp behavior. Check both of them in the Block Editor, and use the one with the correct behavior. Hope you didn't already try that. :)

EDIT =======>

Behavior Byte: 65 00

Background Byte: 00 01(be sure to do this too, it doesn't seem to work otherwise)

Isn't 65 for cave entrances only? It looks a little strange when used on a ladder that can be approached from all four sides. Thanks for the tip about the background byte - I was using 00 before.

It didn't work, though. I tried setting the behaviour byte to 65, then 61, then 08. Nothing.

Oh, by the way, it's not ground tiles I'm having trouble with. It's ladder tiles. I was having issues with the cave entrance, but I fixed that using 65.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Isn't 65 for cave entrances only? It looks a little strange when used on a ladder that can be approached from all four sides. Thanks for the tip about the background byte - I was using 00 before.

It didn't work, though. I tried setting the behaviour byte to 65, then 61, then 08. Nothing.

Oh, by the way, it's not ground tiles I'm having trouble with. It's ladder tiles. I was having issues with the cave entrance, but I fixed that using 65.
Oh, alright ladders then. I couldn't tell you what is wrong, as 61 is what FR uses. =/

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I have a very odd bug:
I can only encounter the first pokémon in the wild pokémon list. I can't encounter any of the other pokémon. This is very odd and annoying.

Anyone know what might cause this? I have no clue.

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
Years
I want to change all Hoenn Pokémon with fakemon, so that includes Deoxys and Castform. But since Deoxys and Castorm have several sprites, will it give me trouble if I change them with fakemon?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I want to change all Hoenn Pokémon with fakemon, so that includes Deoxys and Castform. But since Deoxys and Castorm have several sprites, will it give me trouble if I change them with fakemon?
Castform; yes. Deoxys; not nessisarily. Just replace the Deoxys sprite the occurs in said game.
e.g. Emerald = Speed

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
When I go through a door into a new map, the screen goes black :| (this is one certain map btw)
Dunno if it's anything to do with the level script on the map because all I did was add applymovements and msgbox's.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
I need a little help regarding variables.

I get how they work (mostly), but I have no idea what I would use them for. I've read some tutorials, but they haven't explained anything to me.

Can someone please illustrate a few examples on how one would use variables? Thanks.

EDIT: A completely unrelated question, how do I decompile scripts in PKSV? I'm used to XSE's way of doing things. :(

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
When I go through a door into a new map, the screen goes black :| (this is one certain map btw)
Dunno if it's anything to do with the level script on the map because all I did was add applymovements and msgbox's.
Save the map, then reinsert it. I've no idea why it does that, but reinserting it seems to fix it. ;D

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Does anyone where can i get indexed sprites of gym leaders and elite 4 of
platinum or d/p basically sinnoh region?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back