• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    Well i'm stumped that is the only thing that i can think of that would work an i say would work because it works for me

well i have worked my way around it now and i think im close to get it workin. now the warp does not go to a seperate map, i think that it is now goin to the correct room but it jus appears black...dont supose you no how to fix that?

yukitor

~*~*awesome*~*~
    Years
  • Couple questions:
    1. How do I change the badge names?
    2. I edited a couple trainers' names, but now there is this random space after each trainer's name when battling, how do I remove it?

.LMG.

Yeah! Custom User Title!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    Ok, How do i change the grass animation?
    i have some screenshots

this is the grass frame i want
    Spoiler:

and when i step on it it goes to this frame
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
    Years
  • well i have worked my way around it now and i think im close to get it workin. now the warp does not go to a seperate map, i think that it is now goin to the correct room but it jus appears black...dont supose you no how to fix that?

Maybe its your ROM?

Couple questions:
    1. How do I change the badge names?
    2. I edited a couple trainers' names, but now there is this random space after each trainer's name when battling, how do I remove it?

Sorry I dont know this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I'm confused on how to make an item in Pokemon Ruby. I want to make one of the ones where it's in a Pokeball, you click it, and it gives you the item. I attempted to make one by copying the script and settings of another item that was already made, but when i tapped my new item I started to battle some random trainer!

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
    Years
  • I'm confused on how to make an item in Pokemon Ruby. I want to make one of the ones where it's in a Pokeball, you click it, and it gives you the item. I attempted to make one by copying the script and settings of another item that was already made, but when i tapped my new item I started to battle some random trainer!

Well that happened most likely because you grabbed the wrong offset by accident xD.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2011
    Yep, it's all working now. I replaced the map that caused a map connections glitch/error with itself and it all works fine now. Thanks, and I know how to fix similar problems that I might get in the future so thanks for that as well :D

No problem, I'm always happy to help people when they need it, unless I don't know how to fix it. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    So I was just exploring some different commands and parts of the Fire Red ROM, and I'm a little confused on something I noticed. It has to do with XSE's "givepokemon" command. In a Hex Editor, there are 15 bytes, and the code for it looks like this:

79 07 00 10 05 00 06 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 03

The last 14 bytes represent the species, lvl, item #, etc...
    But, what does the 0x79 do? When a pokemon is given to you, a lot of things have to be generated such as the personality value. So, I guess my question is: How does the byte, 0x79, call other calculations like the personality value? If it doesn't, then what does the 0x79 do, and what calls the calculations?

I hope the my wording wasn't confusing...

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • Where can I get complete versions of Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Actraiser for my snes9x emulator? The ones I have found are partial versions and Actraiser only goes as far as the ACTII boss and Super Ghouls and Ghosts only goes as the halfway point of the 2nd level. Thanks. The only full version game I can get so far is Super Metroid.:)

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • So I was just exploring some different commands and parts of the Fire Red ROM, and I'm a little confused on something I noticed. It has to do with XSE's "givepokemon" command. In a Hex Editor, there are 15 bytes, and the code for it looks like this:

But, what does the 0x79 do? When a pokemon is given to you, a lot of things have to be generated such as the personality value. So, I guess my question is: How does the byte, 0x79, call other calculations like the personality value? If it doesn't, then what does the 0x79 do, and what calls the calculations?

The 0x79 is the 'givepokemon' part. If you don't include a byte to tell the script executor what command is being executed, then how will it know how to interpret the following parameters?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Where can I get complete versions of Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Actraiser for my snes9x emulator? The ones I have found are partial versions and Actraiser only goes as far as the ACTII boss and Super Ghouls and Ghosts only goes as the halfway point of the 2nd level. Thanks. The only full version game I can get so far is Super Metroid.:)

Seeing as I'm new here and I don't have 15 posts yet I can't post a link. So I'll just tell you that you can go to emuparadise . org and search for the games there (in the top right hand corner). I've already searched and they are there.

I'm pretty sure that these are full versions, although I can't guarantee it because I've never used them. This site is completely safe.

My question: I am hacking Pokemon Ruby and I want to put a man in front of a door who won't move until you give him an item. When you do give it to him, he steps away and you can enter the door. I have PKSV Scripter (or something like that) and their is a script generator for "Need Item To Proceed" but I don't know how to use it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    The 0x79 is the 'givepokemon' part. If you don't include a byte to tell the script executor what command is being executed, then how will it know how to interpret the following parameters?

Sorry, colcostyles, but that wasn't very helpful to me. I didn't make it clear, but I already know that 0x79 is the "givepokemon" indicator. I am interested in what exactly that 0x79 does. There is no way a simple byte can check to see if the party is full, calculate personality values, and such... so it must somehow point to another part of the memory. I'll just repost my question:

So I was just exploring some different commands and parts of the Fire Red ROM, and I'm a little confused on something I noticed. It has to do with XSE's "givepokemon" command. In a Hex Editor, there are 15 bytes, and the code for it looks like this:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Sorry, colcostyles, but that wasn't very helpful to me. I didn't make it clear, but I already know that 0x79 is the "givepokemon" indicator. I am interested in what exactly that 0x79 does. There is no way a simple byte can check to see if the party is full, calculate personality values, and such... so it must somehow point to another part of the memory. I'll just repost my question:

Well you asked "what does the 0x79 do?" and I told you what it does so technically I did answer that part of the question.

Anyways, I don't fully know how the game handles scripts but I know this much: it reads the byte for the command (along with any parameters) and then branches to a specific set of instructions to perform dependent on what command was read. If you located the routines that are run when the game encounters a 'givepokemon' command, I'm sure you would find some sort of call to the RNG which is used to calculate the new pokémon's IVs, personality ID, etc.

And, more importantly, of all the ways that my username has been misspelled, why is it that dropping the second 'l' is the most common? Is it really that hard?

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • Seeing as I'm new here and I don't have 15 posts yet I can't post a link. So I'll just tell you that you can go to emuparadise . org and search for the games there (in the top right hand corner). I've already searched and they are there.

I'm pretty sure that these are full versions, although I can't guarantee it because I've never used them. This site is completely safe.

My question: I am hacking Pokemon Ruby and I want to put a man in front of a door who won't move until you give him an item. When you do give it to him, he steps away and you can enter the door. I have PKSV Scripter (or something like that) and their is a script generator for "Need Item To Proceed" but I don't know how to use it.
    Oh ok. So they are full versions for sure. Cab you do a test run with the emulator and them and PM me if they work? Thanks.:)

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Well you asked "what does the 0x79 do?" and I told you what it does so technically I did answer that part of the question.

Anyways, I don't fully know how the game handles scripts but I know this much: it reads the byte for the command (along with any parameters) and then branches to a specific set of instructions to perform dependent on what command was read. If you located the routines that are run when the game encounters a 'givepokemon' command, I'm sure you would find some sort of call to the RNG which is used to calculate the new pokémon's IVs, personality ID, etc.

And, more importantly, of all the ways that my username has been misspelled, why is it that dropping the second 'l' is the most common? Is it really that hard?

Ok, that makes sense. I'm guessing we're at a dead end now, colcolstyles. I don't know how to locate the routines that are run after 0x79 "givepokemon" is called, and it doesn't sound like you do either. Does anyone know how to locate the routines that calculate the pokemon's personality value, IV's, and all that stuff?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back