• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
Years
Nosman, I've tried that aswell.
then try registering it.

Replacing COMDLG32.OCX:

SOLUTION:

In order to fix this problem, you'll need to set up and register the library file.

The easiest way to do that is to download the following file that will install and register most of the Library Files used by Ascentive's products (if you still see the error, try the manual instructions below). Please use the following URL to download a 5.66 MB (5,935,720 bytes) Ascentive Library Installer.
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe
Right click on the above link and select "Save target as..."

Alternatively, you may download just the file you are missing and manually register it yourself. Here's how to do it:
  1. Download COMDLG32.OCX (right click the text on the left and save to your Desktop).
  2. Back up your current copy of COMDLG32.OCX and copy the new version to the same file location. This file should be located in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory on your C: drive (for Windows NT and 2000: \WINNT\system32).
  3. Using your mouse, click on the "Start" button and then click on "Run".
  4. According to your Operating System, type the following command to register this library file:

Windows 95, 98, or Me:
    regsvr32 \windows\system\COMDLG32.OCX

Windows NT or 2000:
    regsvr32 \WINNT\system32\COMDLG32.OCX

Windows XP:
    regsvr32 \windows\system32\COMDLG32.OCX
  5. You should see a message saying "DllRegisterServer ... succeeded"

Last edited:

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
Years
Yes, I ran it, then it installed files in system32. I then restarted yet the same error comes up, Comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies is missing.
try renaming it all lower case if that still does not work see if you have its friend files comdlg32.dll and comdlg32.oca

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Can you tell me the topic, please.

PS: My English not so good. T-T

Technically there aren't any tutorials on editing door animation specifically but there are tutorials on changing other animations, such as the water animation and the tall grass animation, that are pretty much transposable to the topic of door animation editing. Though if you just want a tool to do the work for you, you should take a look at that tool by ZodiacDaGreat. I personally haven't used it but it seems like it's pretty good.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
I need help. D:
You see, I have added a character in Pallet Town, and I want the player to be able to talk to her.
But...
I don't know how.
Please help. >.<

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
my turn again, every time i used "bl 0x0703ec" on an asm routine and insert it on 0x800000, i always get "bl 0x088703ec". and i want it to be "bl 0x080703ec".

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I need help. D:
You see, I have added a character in Pallet Town, and I want the player to be able to talk to her.
But...
I don't know how.
Please help. >.<

You need to learn about (drum roll, please) SCRIPTING! You're going to download XSE (eXtreme script editor) on HackMew's Tool Factory and read up on some tutorials about scripting in the tutorials section. Once you know how to do all that, you simply insert the script offset into the character's offset value in AdvanceMap.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
i dont mean to offend with this
but how come alot of Spanish hacks are on ruby? i dont see anything wrong with i was just wondering why ruby

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
So is it working now, or post a screenie of what the issue is and also the map in A-Map showing the whole program.

Yep, it's all working now. I replaced the map that caused a map connections glitch/error with itself and it all works fine now. Thanks, and I know how to fix similar problems that I might get in the future so thanks for that as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back