• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
  • donnepogi-) said:
    in fr/lg, how will i create a rival battle like, he will walk to you then he will battle then after the battle he will say something and then he will just walk away? help pls! =))

Use 'trainerbattle 0x1' rather than 0x0 in XSE and add an extra string at the end as that will continue the script rather than finishing after the battle.

That's a script question, so you should have asked it in the Script Help Thread :)

icychill66 said:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to change the battle background's image in Fire Red? I know how to change the pallet, but I want to insert a whole new image. I couldn't really find any info on this.

First up, index your image so that it has 15 colours plus an extra background colour. Open up UNlz.GBA to the background you wish to replace (Can be found at 3 and continues on to around 58 on FR) and click 'Save As' to save the tiles that the old background was using. Click 'Next' on UNlz and you should see some vertical lines - Click on 'RAW Dump' and save the .RAW file.

Open up the tiles you save in NTME or a similar program and then load the .RAW file you just dumped. Click the 'Size (Keep Ratio)' button and change it to 32x64. If everything is correct, you should see an exact replica of the in-battle background. Insert your indexed image of the new background tiles you want to insert and make a new tilemap, keeping the dimensions of the old and recreate your battle background (Don't forget to do the lower half either!)

Insert your indexed image into the slot that has the background you want to replace, ticking 'export image' and 'auto abort if newdata is bigger'. You should get a popup that says that the image was to big to be exported and that it is being aborted. Write down the HEX number that pops up and put it into FSF to find some free space where it will be pointed to.

Go back to UNlz and insert the indexed image like before, ticking the same boxes as before along with 'automatically fix pointers'. Put the offset you got from FSF in the image offset box and click 'Write to ROM'. If you check you ROM now, it will looked pretty messed up in battle, but that's because the .RAW file you made earlier hasn't been added yet.

Move to the next thing in UNlz which will just a be a bunch vertical lines and blank space. Go to File > Load Raw and choose your .RAW file made in the tilemap editor, insert it and tick the three boxes like you did previously and write it to the ROM. If you check it in-game, it should be looking better, but have mixed up colours - but you said you can change the pallets so you should be fine on your own.

Hopefully that helped and isn't too confusing - I haven't changed backgrounds in about a month and my memory isn't the best :P

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Does anyone know if it's possible to change the battle background's image in Fire Red? I know how to change the pallet, but I want to insert a whole new image. I couldn't really find any info on this.

There are some tutorials for your concern in the Tutorial section...
    1 2

Years
  • WHAT'S THE PROBLEM IN THIS SCRIPT??
    THIS IS A RIVAL SCRIPT..
    AND ALSO POKESCRIPT..
    HELP APPRECIATED!!

#ORG $begin
    jingle
    checkflag 0x200
    if B_true goto $done
    applymovement 0x04 $momwalk
    pausemove 0
    message $momtalk
    $momtalk 1=Let's battle!
    boxset 6
    trainerbattle 1 0x003
    applymovement 0x04 $momwalkback
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x200
    removesprite 4
    release
    end

#org $done
    release
    end

#org $momwalk
    $momwalk 1 ; 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE

#org $momwalkback
    $momwalkback 1 ; 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x11 0x11 0xFE

I really need help.
    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

1 2
    Uhmm, DJG, that's about the titlescreen. I think he's asking about battle background. The user 2 posts above pretty much said what to do.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM IN THIS SCRIPT??
    THIS IS A RIVAL SCRIPT..
    AND ALSO POKESCRIPT..
    HELP APPRECIATED!!

#ORG $begin
    jingle
    checkflag 0x200
    if B_true goto $done
    pausemove 0
    message $momtalk
    $momtalk 1=Let's battle!
    boxset 6
    trainerbattle 1 0x003
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x200
    removesprite 4
    release
    end

#org $done
    release
    end

#org $momwalk

#org $momwalkback

I really need help.
    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
    First things first, use XSE. XSE is easier to use than Pokescript. If you don't want to change to XSE, however, ask in the Script Help thread. Albeit they'll say the same thing, though. :P

Mr

Just call me Mister
    Years
  • WHAT'S THE PROBLEM IN THIS SCRIPT??
    THIS IS A RIVAL SCRIPT..
    AND ALSO POKESCRIPT..
    HELP APPRECIATED!!

#ORG $begin
    jingle
    checkflag 0x200
    if B_true goto $done
    pausemove 0
    message $momtalk
    $momtalk 1=Let's battle!
    boxset 6
    trainerbattle 1 0x003
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x200
    removesprite 4
    release
    end

#org $done
    release
    end

#org $momwalk

#org $momwalkback
    When I check it in XSE it says "unknown command: jingle" however, you're not using XSE huh? I don't know enough to say what the problem is.

I have a question of my own now. Does anyone know where I can get all of the scripts in Fire Red decompiled in a pack? Hackmew had a link in his tools with XSE, but it doesn't work. If anyone has it, I'd be very greatful if you were to upload it somewhere.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    When I check it in XSE it says "unknown command: jingle" however, you're not using XSE huh? I don't know enough to say what the problem is.

I have a question of my own now. Does anyone know where I can get all of the scripts in Fire Red decompiled in a pack? Hackmew had a link in his tools with XSE, but it doesn't work. If anyone has it, I'd be very greatful if you were to upload it somewhere.
    That'd take a while, a month if I were to do it, but you could always do it. Advance Map can use XSE to open and decompile scripts, including level scripts. Good luck on doing it! (b'-')b

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012

I have Hackmew's RSE/FR dumps. Here is the LINK.

Chad -

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    can you add a sprite that shares pokedex info with another one, but can have different attacks and type?

example:
    onix, rock type
    crystalonix, rock ice type

i was skipped, and still need help.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    no, what i am wondering is how to add multiple sprites to 1 pokemon

like the uknown, and spinda, but add it to others

regular paras, orange islands paras (different sprites, but same pokedex entry.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Use 'trainerbattle 0x1' rather than 0x0 in XSE and add an extra string at the end as that will continue the script rather than finishing after the battle.

That's a script question, so you should have asked it in the Script Help Thread :)

First up, index your image so that it has 15 colours plus an extra background colour. Open up UNlz.GBA to the background you wish to replace (Can be found at 3 and continues on to around 58 on FR) and click 'Save As' to save the tiles that the old background was using. Click 'Next' on UNlz and you should see some vertical lines - Click on 'RAW Dump' and save the .RAW file.

Open up the tiles you save in NTME or a similar program and then load the .RAW file you just dumped. Click the 'Size (Keep Ratio)' button and change it to 32x64. If everything is correct, you should see an exact replica of the in-battle background. Insert your indexed image of the new background tiles you want to insert and make a new tilemap, keeping the dimensions of the old and recreate your battle background (Don't forget to do the lower half either!)

Insert your indexed image into the slot that has the background you want to replace, ticking 'export image' and 'auto abort if newdata is bigger'. You should get a popup that says that the image was to big to be exported and that it is being aborted. Write down the HEX number that pops up and put it into FSF to find some free space where it will be pointed to.

Go back to UNlz and insert the indexed image like before, ticking the same boxes as before along with 'automatically fix pointers'. Put the offset you got from FSF in the image offset box and click 'Write to ROM'. If you check you ROM now, it will looked pretty messed up in battle, but that's because the .RAW file you made earlier hasn't been added yet.

Move to the next thing in UNlz which will just a be a bunch vertical lines and blank space. Go to File > Load Raw and choose your .RAW file made in the tilemap editor, insert it and tick the three boxes like you did previously and write it to the ROM. If you check it in-game, it should be looking better, but have mixed up colours - but you said you can change the pallets so you should be fine on your own.

Hopefully that helped and isn't too confusing - I haven't changed backgrounds in about a month and my memory isn't the best :P

Thanks for this! However, what you are describing is changing the ground that the pokemon are above and the sliding animation of the grass at the start of the battle. I want to know if it's possible to change the colored bars in the battle background to a picture.

1 2

Err.... Those are title screen backgrounds, not battle screen backgrounds.

Mr

Just call me Mister
    Years
  • no, what i am wondering is how to add multiple sprites to 1 pokemon

like the uknown, and spinda, but add it to others

regular paras, orange islands paras (different sprites, but same pokedex entry.)

Hmm... I was thinking of adding another Pokemon and having it use the same pokedex data as another. That way they could have different moves and stats etc. However, I can't figure out how to have it share a Pokedex spot. :(
    I'm not sure how to do it your way either, but if you find out, please let me know.

Also, is there a way to add items? I want to make new evolutionary stones.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    what is the offset for the trainer backsprite location in Pokemon Emerald i cannot locate it in Tilemolestor nor unlz-gba

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
    Years
  • You're going to have to be a little more specific. What exactly is the problem?

I'm hacking ruby. I replaced a certain tile with a copied grass tile, then I edited that copied tile to be a fall type color. After saving, closing, and reopening Advance Map, the other grass tile and the copied tile were both the same fall color.

Still need this answered:

Where can I find the Overworld Resizer/Changer (link in thread takes me to fileden homepage)? I've already considered downloading Nameless Sprite Editor, however, I don't want to download .net framework.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    i made an area to the left of palett town and when i got into it my day and night system doesn't work and when i go there the palett town area i came from gets all weird and scrambled and it freezes

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    i made an area to the left of palett town and when i got into it my day and night system doesn't work and when i go there the palett town area i came from gets all weird and scrambled and it freezes
    1.Go into the map and in the header section (or whatever section it is where you can edit the name of the map) and make sure the weather isn't "Indoor"
    2. The tilesets of the two maps don't match, change one of the map's tilesets to the tileset of the other map.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • what is the offset for the trainer backsprite location in Pokemon Emerald i cannot locate it in Tilemolestor nor unlz-gba

I found them at 0xD66480.

I'm hacking ruby. I replaced a certain tile with a copied grass tile, then I edited that copied tile to be a fall type color. After saving, closing, and reopening Advance Map, the other grass tile and the copied tile were both the same fall color.

o_O
    I'm still really confused. Can you provide pictures?

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    somewhat fixed

i changed the paletts to match but it still does it
    and i fixed the day and night system hopefully

but it still freezes my charecter and scrambles the map on my hack :\

okay so i fixed everything but i cannot use the running shoes in my new area of the game does anybody know how to fix this?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • icychill66 said:
    Thanks for this! However, what you are describing is changing the ground that the pokemon are above and the sliding animation of the grass at the start of the battle. I want to know if it's possible to change the colored bars in the battle background to a picture.

Actually, I did. If you look carefully at the UNlz sheet with the grass on it, you will see that the background bars that you want to change are also on it. The grass isn't seperate from the background - This is visible in VBA's Map Viewer.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    Actually, I did. If you look carefully at the UNlz sheet with the grass on it, you will see that the background bars that you want to change are also on it. The grass isn't seperate from the background - This is visible in VBA's Map Viewer.

Oh, that's actually pretty cool! Thanks for pointing that out to me! I'll mess around with it the next few days and see what I come up with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back