• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    CrazyLuigi said:
    1. Is there a way to do it with out using the safari zone tiles?/Does it have to be the specific safari zone combination or can it be a mix?

2. Thanks! :D

1. You could insert them by exporting the tileset in the Block Editor in AdvanceMap and then you add them in with a image editting tool and then you reinsert them. I think Tileset 1 as "0" should make the tiles with trees, Pokemon centres and Mart should and Tileset 2 as "8" should create the mix though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Here you go, it's for Pokescript: http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81691
    Try checking the documents and tutorials before posting next time, ok? :P

Please don't tell me you just asked for a rom... That's like the #1 "no-no" in this forum. However, if you are looking for a patch for your rom, look here please: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=77503. It's the save-file exchange thread; if it's anywhere, it's most likely there.

While I'm not willing to devout all my time, I will help you with whatever questions you have via PM.

As always, Hope it helped!
    -Hiidoran

Well...sorry bout that then, I clicked the link, but its not really what I was looking for...so I'll get back to the internet >.<

~Cya, UnitRico

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Oh, that's incredibly easy to fix! But do you mean "Comdlg32.oxc"? Although before I continue, I need to know what system you run, so that I may tell you EXACTLY where to put the file to make it work.

Err.. "Comdlg32.ocx" :P
    Anyway what you said it's not totally true since you can put that files (like many others needed files) directly in the same folder where the program is. Putting the file in the system directory it's the best solution anyway.

System folders in some OSes:
    • Win9x: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
    • Windows 2000: C:\WINNT\System32
    • Windows XP/Vista: C:\WINDOWS\system32

2) Is there a way to modify the amount of money some one starts off with?

Changing the initial money amount would require ASM, I think. The easiest solution would be to put a trigger script in the very beginning of the game that will modify the amount of money.
    For further info about scripting, take a look to the related tutorials or ask in the Script Request/Sharing/Discussion thread if you're in trouble.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Is it possible to view a script with any tools?

This question has already answered before... Anyway, you can use ScriptEd. Keep in mind that if the program will encounter some unknown commands, the script could easily look messed up. In that case you have to decompile the script manually.

treytrey113

a crazy dreaming hacker
    Years
  • help i am editing a gym i can edit the leader but when i went to the trainer i could do nothing to his pokemon so what do i do now i need to edit the trainer to be precise brocks gym trainer liam if you need to know the trainer

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2009
    I need to know this sonner or later so how about sooner? Anyway, how do I upload a ROM to my site? I'll need to know this when I'm finished making the game.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • help i am editing a gym i can edit the leader but when i went to the trainer i could do nothing to his pokemon so what do i do now i need to edit the trainer to be precise brocks gym trainer liam if you need to know the trainer
    I'm not quite sure what your asking. I take it your editing Ruby and Sapphire if your trying to make a trainer like Brock's trainer, Correct?

I need to know this sonner or later so how about sooner? Anyway, how do I upload a ROM to my site? I'll need to know this when I'm finished making the game.
    This is not the place to ask this.

Hope it helped!
    -Hiidoran

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2009
    :\This is not the place to ask this.

Hope it helped!
    -Hiidoran[/QUOTE]

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • ___________________________________________________________
    Then where can I ask? Or do I need some kind of program to
    upload a rom?

You need to create an .ips file.
    To this you'll need LIPS, which can be found with an Elite Map Download.

Then, simply attach that file to a post, or upload it on a server.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    I need a few rom hacking tools to Complete my hack
    -Change A pokemon's name
    -Change a cities name
    -Change a pokemon's cry
    -Change the pokedex data (Dexter can do this but it says the "Pokedex base is unspecified")
    -Change the title screen so it says pokemon "purple" version and so it has a different pokemon on it.
    And thats it, if someone can give me these tools i will be forver grateful

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • 1. Changing a Pokemon's name is something you can do but I forgot how to do it.

2. To change the names of places you can edit them in Advance Map.

3. There's a program with a Poke Flute for it's icon but I can't remember what it was now.

4. If it says the base is unspecified you might have a corrupt ROM. I don't know.

5. There is a tutorial on how to change the Pokemon but not the words. It's in 'Documents and Tutorials'.

Hope I helped. Even just a little bit.

exedissolve

Straight-edge
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2013
    When you select "write to rom" select the boxes "Export image", "Export Pallet" and "automaticly fix pointers". Make sure that "Auto abort if new data is bigger" is not selected.

Thanx
    to all the pros reading here, what is the easiest way to edit text in FR/LF, in your opinions?

I need a few rom hacking tools to Complete my hack
    -Change A pokemon's name
    -Change a cities name
    -Change a pokemon's cry
    -Change the pokedex data (Dexter can do this but it says the "Pokedex base is unspecified")
    -Change the title screen so it says pokemon "purple" version and so it has a different pokemon on it.
    And thats it, if someone can give me these tools i will be forver grateful

You're hack ing firered, leafgreen or emerald, right???
    well

-name: you would use either dex, base. i think. either way it wont work.
    -cities: as said, Advance map
    -cry: pokecry, i know it's crazy.
    -the whole "pokedex base unspecified" is the way to tell you emerald, firered and leafgreen dont work on this tool, thats why the name wont work either.
    i'm sorry coz i know this didn't help, but hopefully you dont do what i did and waste a whole lot of time searching for these programs.

sorry, thought i was in different forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    Thanx for the help, but the pokecry thing is very comfusing.
    It doesn't say what pokemon's cry your editing or anything
    And the rom is right it even says "Rom Is Supported" i'll go and get another rom to see if that works
    and i need another tool
    -A tool to edit the map screen

exedissolve

Straight-edge
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2013
    i know it says that, i have the same problem, i've just decided not make any new pokemon.

go to tool resources, a place called whack a hack, or something of such kind, look around there, they've got a map editor somewhere.
    you do mean town map right?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    Yeah i have tons of stuff on whack a hack
    No they dont have a town map editor i dont think (Anything i havn't mentioned i already have)

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • Thanx
    to all the pros reading here, what is the easiest way to edit text in FR/LF, in your opinions?

I use Advance Text. Its really easy to use and repoints the text to somewhere else in the rom if its bigger than the original. I would definatly use this if I were you as hex editing is a pain in the neck. Download it in the Toolbox.

<<Haruki Adachi>>

Oh how heroes have fallen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    k on A-text when the file shows up I asked my dad to put Comdlg32.ocx in the right place but it needs to be registered how do you do that
    nevermind i just need to download fm20.DLL but cant find it on google can someone give me the download file

Last edited:

STM

My DS doesn't read DS games...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2013
    I have one question, are there any hacking tools for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue team? thanx for your time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back