• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    DarkkChildd said:
    Ok, I'm having a problem with inserting maps.
    When I insert a new map in Advance map, it seems to work fine, but when the player warps to the map the screen goes to black.
    Does anyone know why?

I also noticed when changing the indoors of a certain house, other indoors that are in the same bank usually change, why does that happen? Are the indoor maps connected somehow?

1. Make sure your connection is 100% perfect, because it has to go to another warp.

2. All the houses use the same structure reason for the rest of them changing.

Himochi said:
    Thanks for all who helped me figure out my exit tile problem...I looked closely at the two tiles, and yes, there's a difference. XD *feels dumb*

Anyway, another question - I can't seem to find the answer anywhere - what are the percentages for the appearance of wild Pokemon? Take Route 102, for example, since it has both water and grass. I know that there are ten different slots for grass-appearing Pokemon - but what are the percentages, does anyone know? Also, for fishing, it looks like the first few slots are for the Old Rod, then the next few are for the Good Rod, and the last for the Super Rod. Can anyone confirm this?

The frequency should be the percentage, but in decimal form. The higher the frequency the more a Pokemon will appear. I think the Rods depend apon the levels the Pokemon are, but I am not 100% sure about this. You could try your theory.

kingdude256 said:
    Hi, I use No$GBA Emulator to play pokemon Diamond and Pearl becuase the rest are like UBER slow. But I'm curios is it possible to make a .SAV file on Pokesav and play it on an Pokemon Pearl.

PS. This is the emulation section so i dont see anything wrong with this.:)

Thanks in Advance.

I do think this does belong in the thread call "Playing Diamond/Pearl ROM". To play it on Pearl would be difficult seeing as they are two different games(slight changes here and there), you could rename the save file you have and call it the name the Pearl ROM uses.

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Beginner Hacker :)
    Years
  • 1. Make sure your connection is 100% perfect, because it has to go to another warp.

2. All the houses use the same structure reason for the rest of them changing.

The frequency should be the percentage, but in decimal form. The higher the frequency the more a Pokemon will appear. I think the Rods depend apon the levels the Pokemon are, but I am not 100% sure about this. You could try your theory.

I do think this does belong in the thread call "Playing Diamond/Pearl ROM". To play it on Pearl would be difficult seeing as they are two different games(slight changes here and there), you could rename the save file you have and call it the name the Pearl ROM uses.

Ive tried, but thanks anyway one more thing is there a tutorial on how to use pokesav?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    kingdude256 said:
    Ive tried, but thanks anyway one more thing is there a tutorial on how to use pokesav?

Pokesav isn't too hard to use, you just run No$GBAtoVBA first to get the right type of .sav file. Then open that save file you just converted using Pokesav. After that edit what you want then save. You then rename your save file back to what the game is called (replace the old one) then start playing your game off that.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    uh hi guys, im having some problems with POKESCRIPT, everytime i open it i get a message.

Run-time error 429
    active-x component cannot create object.

If anyone knows what is going on, please pm me!

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Yeah, so I started script a little and I made a script and I can't get it to work.
    Code:
    #ORG $StartScript
    Lock
    Message $PkMn
    Boxset 5
    Compare LASTRESULT 1
    if B_TRUE goto $Accept
    Message $Nope
    Boxset 6
    End

#ORG $Accept
    Givepokemon 152 5 0
    Jingle
    Message $ElmAgree
    Boxset 6
    #raw 53
    #raw 01
    #raw 00
    Setflag 0x828
    Namepokemon
    Release
    End

#ORG $PkMn
    $PkMn 1 =ELM: You want Chikorita, the grass\nPokemon?

#ORG $ElmAgree
    $ElmAgree 1 =ELM: I think thats a great Pokémon\ntoo!

#ORG $Nope
    $Nope 1 =ELM: Think it over carefully. Your \npartnernis important
    Okay it gives me Chikorita fine, but namepokemon names a missingno. in your party if you have no other Pokémon. I need it to name the Chikorita it gives.

Thank you for reading my plea for help; and thank you for (hopefully) helping me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    darkfurby said:
    does anyone know a good site for custom trainer player ow's?

The Pixel Art section has good sprites, just search google if you struggle alot.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2008
    ok im new so here goes

1.how do i put a item in a game(i want to make link cable an item so it will evolve pokemon who need 2 trade)
    2.how do i give it that effect to make them evolve
    3.Can i add a picture of this in there if so how?

thanks an advance

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    lilbl4ze said:
    ok im new so here goes

1.how do i put a item in a game(i want to make link cable an item so it will evolve pokemon who need 2 trade)
    2.how do i give it that effect to make them evolve
    3.Can i add a picture of this in there if so how?

thanks an advance

1. First off you need to you need hex to do so. You search for the items name and the pointers leading to that name. Then add on a new pointer to the end of the others linking it to the name you wish to use. I would not know where to find the effect for the item.

2. You have to change the Pokemon's evolution to do so.

3. You would have to search for the sturcture of the item, and then add a new image into the rom so that it can read that image.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    lilbl4ze said:
    hope im not buggin u but do u know the way to search for it

You would have to search for the names. First go Script > Open Thingy Table to load the tbl file(RS english preferred). Then go Script > Finding using table and search for the items, at the end. The in some blank space nearby add the text you wish to call your item. Now you have to find the pointers of the old ones and add on a new pointer onto the end. The only thing I possibly don't know is how it functions, what it does.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • where do i get the table at?

Well sweetie, here you go.

All you have to is copy and paste it to a .txt file and rename the .tbl and there you go. =3

Code:
    00=(space)
    1B=é
    A1=0
    A2=1
    A3=2
    A4=3
    A5=4
    A6=5
    A7=6
    A8=7
    A9=8
    AA=9
    AB=!
    AC=?
    AD=.
    AE=-
    B1="
    B2=""
    B4='
    B8=,
    BB=A
    BC=B
    BD=C
    BE=D
    BF=E
    C0=F
    C1=G
    C2=H
    C3=I
    C4=J
    C5=K
    C6=L
    C7=M
    C8=N
    C9=O
    CA=P
    CB=Q
    CC=R
    CD=S
    CE=T
    CF=U
    D0=V
    D1=W
    D2=X
    D3=Y
    D4=Z
    D5=a
    D6=b
    D7=c
    D8=d
    D9=e
    DA=f
    DB=g
    DC=h
    DD=i
    DE=j
    DF=k
    E0=l
    E1=m
    E2=n
    E3=o
    E4=p
    E5=q
    E6=r
    E7=s
    E8=t
    E9=u
    EA=v
    EB=w
    EC=x
    ED=y
    EE=z
    F0=:
    FA=> (wait for user to press key, then next line)
    FB=\ (wait for user to press key, then clear box)
    FC=^ (special command, %(00h)(00h) = new line on town names.
    FD=% (insert variable command)
    FE=* sometimes looks like a double space, other times seem to take 2 bytes with it...
    FF=/

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    can some help please?
    i'm using pokescript and whenever I right click and click compile on an rbc file it comes up with
    ------------------------
    Run-time error 6

overflow
    ------------------------
    And when I do it manually my ROM always gets currupted.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2008
    1. Can someone tell me how to index a sprite?

2. When I open Bewildered, it says: Supported ROM, but Wild Pokemon bas is unspecified. What do I do?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Vulpine said:
    1. Can someone tell me how to index a sprite?

2. When I open Bewildered, it says: Supported ROM, but Wild Pokemon bas is unspecified. What do I do?

1. You need to export the sprite you wish to replace then paste your sprite over it. Save. Then import that sprite so that the sprite becomes indexed. If there are palette problems, just palette change the colours first.

2. FR/LG/E ROMs cannot be opened up in Bewildered. Try Advance-Maps Wild Pokemon tab, in which you can change the Pokemon and even add new ones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back