• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
  • ramon99 said:
    1: I edited the team magma guy in petalburgwoods but i did gave him a torchic with pet so when i battled him the whole screen turned purple what can i do to get i back normal and is it because of pet (so edit the trainers pkmn)
    2: i edited the brendan sprite in unlz but when i play the rom and click on new game the game starts over how can i get this normal ?
    1. Try redoing the changes with a clean ROM. Screen changing color is not normal, and is most likely cause by a corruption of data. (Might have been done by PET, could've happened by other editing also.)

2. Same for this. Try re-doing the changes with a clean ROM. When inserting the pic, be sure to repoint the image data to an offset with free space to avoid corruption.

Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
    i have one problem:
    I edited a couple of things in AM. Then I opened up my hack in Elitemap and this showed up (see attachment)

My game is Firered version.

Is it because I edited it in AM? Is it possible that if you edit something in AM you can't open up the file in Elitemap? If so its fine with me, I just liked Elitemap better because you can switch levels easily.

Anyone know the answer?

2. Does anyone know where the title screen in Firered is? You know the letters that say "Fire Red". I am searching for it in Unlz.gba but I can't find it. Does anyone know the number of it? (You know, 78, 1618, etc.)
    Because there are some issues with AM and EM at the moment.
    As said many times before, a ROM edited with AM won't load properly in EM afterwards and vice versa.
    However the new AdvanceMap version will try to fix this.

2. 2009. YOu might need to adjust the pallete.

Icyflare said:
    I need to know how to edit the legendary Pokemon battles in Emerald Version. Poketronic 0.7 with the INI update doesn't work ( I found script offsets myself for all the battles and it told me "Load not supported" ). (Rayquaza Script at $23979A, Latias/Latios Script at $242AC4, Kyogre Script at $23B01B, Groudon Script at $23B0EC , Regiice Script at $238F58, Regirock Script at $22DA02, Registeel Script at $23905A.)

EDIT: ARGH. I now know why I can't see Steven's trainer battle and, most likely, the Frontier Brains too... It's because PET can't see past Emerald's trainer #2B5 (hex), and Steven's battle is #324 (hex)! Trainer data is at $310059. Is it possible to edit the Trainers beyond #2B5 (Fisherman Chris)?

Thank you very much.
    -Supakitsune
    For point 1: What do you want to edit in those battles?
    If you just want to change the Pokémon, open up your Hex-Editor, go to the offsets and search for the Pokémon bytes. Then replace them with the one for the Pokémon you want to battle instead. (Might appear twice according to if a cry is played before or not.)
    Then just change the text if needed and that's it.

For point 2: It is possible to edit the data beyond, but not with PET, as it only reads til 2B5, as you said.
    Your only other choice to edit the other trainers is using a Hex-Editor.
    Since you have the offsets, just load your ROM in your Hex-Editor and edit the data manualy.

makiri said:
    When i want to change pokemon in PET i got 2 options: 1. Pokemon are as pictures, but then i can change at one klick only +1 or -1, so it takes long, until i get pokemon, that i want.
    2. I make option "show as text", but i don't have then real pokemon names. There are only "{\h49'\tdd[d]p\..." or something like this. How can i fix it?
    1. You didn't ask question! o.o
    2. You need to adjust the offset given at "MonsterNames" in the entry for your ROM in the PokeRoms.ini file.
    Seems like it isn't set properly.

DanielMz said:
    Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i need for my game:D
    The Tools Showcase is a nice place to find what you need.
    Have a look at the stickied Hacking Tools Reference.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Scizz said:
    2. You need to adjust the offset given at "MonsterNames" in the entry for your ROM in the PokeRoms.ini file.

How can i do it? With which program?

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Scizz said:
    For point 1: What do you want to edit in those battles?
    If you just want to change the Pokémon, open up your Hex-Editor, go to the offsets and search for the Pokémon bytes. Then replace them with the one for the Pokémon you want to battle instead. (Might appear twice according to if a cry is played before or not.)
    Then just change the text if needed and that's it.

That worked well! Thank you Scizz!

Now I just have to learn how to find overworld pallets and I'm really in business...

Kaeru_ike

Teruki - Miku - Bou - Kanon
    Years
  • Hello, as you see on my signature im working on a hack named Pok�mon Darkness... I need some help! In the game you should get Marill by clicking on the Marril sprite! How do i fix that? Please! If you know how to, tell me!
    If i must use scripting it would be nice if you could make the script!

Is the script inserted like this?
    $14D6DF
    If it is so... Please give me the right script code to put on the Marill sprite

Hmmm... Be a little more spesific...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • makiri said:
    How can i do it? With which program?
    You'll need a Hex-Editor and a table file.
    You can find both on the sites mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference.

#1 Mimi Fan said:
    I need help I cant play any rom hacks
    Frequently Asked Questions
    See the point "How to apply an IPS-Patch".

Li-Kero said:
    Hello, as you see on my signature im working on a hack named Pokémon Darkness... I need some help! In the game you should get Marill by clicking on the Marril sprite! How do i fix that? Please! If you know how to, tell me!
    If i must use scripting it would be nice if you could make the script!

Is the script inserted like this?
    $14D6DF
    If it is so... Please give me the right script code to put on the Marill sprite

Hmmm... Be a little more spesific...
    Code:
    #autobank on
    #org 0x800100
    checkflag 0x1FF
    if 0 0x800150
    end

#org 0x800150
    setvar 0x4001 183
    givepokemon 183 0x5 0x0
    fanfare 0x172
    msgbox 0x800200
    callstd 0x6
    waitfanfare
    setflag 0x1FF
    end

#org 0x800200
    = \v\h01 obtained a MARRIL!

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Scizz said:
    I have Hexecut, but i don't know how to use it, and what is table file.
    (If you can give me answers on PM)

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    I need to know if it is possible to port the tilesets from FireRed version onto Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald version, and if it is, how can I do so? If I am to use unLZ-GBA, can someone give me a step-by-step of how I should go about porting the tiles? Thank you!

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • oh no!

thanks!

1. Is there any way to use FF's to create a new map? I mean in hex, doing it manually.
    2. how can u insert a wild PKMN battle script in hex or an PKMN or item give script in hex?
    3. is there a tool where you can load a map click on a person on the map and edit his script? (no i know about scripting but if there is a tool like that it would be helpful and save more time instead of inserting all these offsets) Just wondering...

EDIT

4. I opened up Firered in Unlz.gba, then i went to the hero and heroine sprites. I edited those. But when I loaded the game, the regular heros showed up again. But when I open the trainercard then my edited sprite exists.
    Take a look at the attachments.

As you can see in the trainer card, the modified sprite is there. But when you select the boy and girl thing, the regular sprite is still there. How do I change that sprite?

Last edited:

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
  • Hail
    I got 2 more problems, which are giving me an big headache, so
    you see, I'm putting some new sprites in the game and the sprites after putting them in the rom the sprite comes out without some line(see in the attached files), the other thing is also about the sprites, and when I'm trying to put another sprite and I try to compress it into the rom it says "Pal to big. Do you want to expand the rom for further space?" and even if click in yes the result is the same, that is the thing all black (see also below)
    Note: I'm using pokepic with this despite the fact of me using unlzgba, but in the unlz nothing is said and the pokemon pic in the hack comes out like some sort of missingno...
    [[[ ]]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Kaeru_ike

Teruki - Miku - Bou - Kanon
    Years
  • Demo...

Scizz said:
    You can find both on the sites mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference.

Frequently Asked Questions
    See the point "How to apply an IPS-Patch".

Code:
    #autobank on
    #org 0x800100
    checkflag 0x1FF
    if 0 0x800150
    end

#org 0x800150
    setvar 0x4001 183
    givepokemon 183 0x5 0x0
    fanfare 0x172
    msgbox 0x800200
    callstd 0x6
    waitfanfare
    setflag 0x1FF
    end

#org 0x800200
    = \v\h01 obtained a MARRIL!

But how do i insert the script?

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    legendary reploid zero: if u didnt notice the sprite at the start and the sprite in trainer card r 2 diff sprites.. the 1st 1 is 256 colors and in fr it can be found in unlz on numba 341 in b&w 256 colors xD

yamidante

Grow up
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 3, 2009
    Diamond Cutter

i have searched the forum and helmeted rodent and i have searched google for elitemap 3.5 and i cant find it does anyone have it???? if so please could u put it up for download i tryed downloading the one i found on the forums but it said archive corrupt or damaged and downloaded it another 3 times

would really appreciate it ;)

edit: sorry i dont know why this is here... it was supposed to be a thread...

Last edited:

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • thanks but

thanks, Shaney, but anyone know the right pallete number for the boy and girl in FR? Its a real pain editing the black and white version.

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    afew questions...

1.ive got this script... its for fr... and for some reason it teleports me to the starting house top floor instead of the place above cereulian. can someone correct it?
    #org 0x8100F0
    lock
    message 0x810510
    boxset BOXSET_YESNO
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if 0 0x810720
    message 0x811810
    boxset 0x2
    warp 0x3 0x43 0x2
    release
    end

#org 0x810720
    lock
    message 0x811010
    boxset 0x2
    release
    end

#org 0x810510
    = Hello,\n would you like to get \pa lift to BATTLE CORNER?

#org 0x811810
    = GO SLOWBRO, TELEPORT!!!

#org 0x811010
    = OK,\pjust tell me when you \nwant to go to the BATTLE CORNER

2. whats the offset for the fire red hero in tile molester and whats the palette offset?

3. is there any way to change the order of colors in a palette? like a program or something.

ty in advance.

yamidante

Grow up
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 3, 2009
    scripting problems

can anyone tell me whats wrong with my script ???

***script***

#org 0x837510
    givepokemon 0xF6 0x09 0x01
    message 0x837530
    boxset 0x4
    end

#org 0x837530
    = yo, here's a larvitar

***script***

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back