• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Try this...

Code:
    #org 0x6B44F0
    checkflag 0x80C
    if 1 0x6B4522
    applymovement 0x9 0x6B4554
    pause 0x10
    message 0x6B4586
    boxset 0x2
    applymovement 0xFF 0x6B45A8
    pause 0x10
    release
    end

#org 0x6B4522
    message 0x6B45EA
    boxset 0x2
    release
    end

#org 0x6B4586
    = AAABBBCCC

#org 0x6B45EA
    = CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x6B4554
    #binary 56 FE

#org 0x6B45A8
    #binary 09 FE

I didn't test the script itself, but it inserted fine...
    It can also be due the lack of some files, try searching for them...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
    YAAHOO!! It works! Thanks a lot!
    But what did you change to make it work? If I know that, I might be able to avoid more problems...

EDIT: Aw, it crashes when I active it in the game...

For a bit more information, this is what the script is suppossed to do:
    -Check if the player has obtained the 6th Badge. If yes,
    -Say "CCCBBBAAA" and end the script. If no,
    -Make a "!" appear above guard's head (people number 9)
    -Say "AAABBBCCC", make the player walk up one tile and end the script.
    I'm hacking Pokémon Ruby Version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    But what did you change to make it work? If I know that, I might be able to avoid more problems...

Is the 6th badge's flag 0x80C?
    I'll type the script now.

Code:
    #org 0x800000
    checkflag 0x80C
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 call 0x800100
    applymovement 0x9 0x800300
    pause 0x10
    message 0x800400
    boxset 0x6
    applymovement 0xFF 0x800500
    pause 0x10
    release
    end

#org 0x800100
    message 0x800200
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800200
    = CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x800400
    = AAABBBCCC

#org 0x800300
    #raw 0x56
    #raw 0xFE

#org 0x800500
    #raw 0x9
    #raw 0xFE

GargnaroK

So... How Does my soul tastes?
    Years

I tested the script and it was fine, maybe you didn't filled the unknown and var number squares and without that your script can be triggered and the game will crash... I changed de applymoveplayer to 0xFF and applyed the pause 0x10 commands this was maybe due to the applymoveplayer maybe rubikon doesn't recognize it, dunno=\ ...
    If the problem persists tell us and we'll gladly help you...
    Oh, and an advise try to check everyone else's scripts and try to understand them, it's the best way to learn how to script! =)

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    1.Okay I am having huge problems with importing/exporting trainer images. I am trying to import a trainer sprite but RSball doesnt let me Import. Is there a program that allows you to import trainer images?

2. I cant acess backpics with RSball. Everytime I try there is an error message that says "Trainer backpics location is not specified in the INI. Is there a program where I can export/import backpics?

GargnaroK

Years
    1.Okay I am having huge problems with importing/exporting trainer images. I am trying to import a trainer sprite but RSball doesnt let me Import. Is there a program that allows you to import trainer images?

2. I cant acess backpics with RSball. Everytime I try there is an error message that says "Trainer backpics location is not specified in the INI. Is there a program where I can export/import backpics?

Just use unLZ-gba, it's the best when it takes to the game sprites... But make sure the images are indexed... I only use rs ball has a source of those sprites because unLZ offers a better premormance...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Years
    I tested the script and it was fine, maybe you didn't filled the unknown and var number squares and without that your script can be triggered and the game will crash... I changed de applymoveplayer to 0xFF and applyed the pause 0x10 commands this was maybe due to the applymoveplayer maybe rubikon doesn't recognize it, dunno=\ ...
    If the problem persists tell us and we'll gladly help you...
    Oh, and an advise try to check everyone else's scripts and try to understand them, it's the best way to learn how to script! =)

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]

Hm... what do I have to fill in, then?

Christos said:
    Is the 6th badge's flag 0x80C?
    I'll type the script now.

Code:
    #org 0x800000
    checkflag 0x80C
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 call 0x800100
    applymovement 0x9 0x800300
    pause 0x10
    message 0x800400
    boxset 0x6
    applymovement 0xFF 0x800500
    pause 0x10
    release
    end

#org 0x800100
    message 0x800200
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800200
    = CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x800400
    = AAABBBCCC

#org 0x800300
    #raw 0x56
    #raw 0xFE

#org 0x800500
    #raw 0x9
    #raw 0xFE
    I think so... I searched this thread to find it.

EDIT: Never mind cuz I FINALLY got it to work!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    I searched around and I got no answer, so I'm asking this here.

I want to start hacking again. But I don't know which ROM to choose. I mean... I know it's gonna be either Fire Red or Emerald, but I can't choose... I've been thinking of the good points each one of them has to offer and I think Emerald is better. But still.

Any help would be appreciated. ^^

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years

I want to start hacking again. But I don't know which ROM to choose. I mean... I know it's gonna be either Fire Red or Emerald, but I can't choose... I've been thinking of the good points each one of them has to offer and I think Emerald is better. But still.

Basicly it doesnt matter on what ROM you want. Basicly do you like the story of FR/LG better or Emerald? Or if you want to change events do you like the maps of FR/LG or Emerald. The Sky's the limit

Also my question is still left unanswered

I used that tool but for some reason when I use it on the rom I want for some reason it just gives me some colored pixles. Also how do you index images. This tool is very comlicated to use

Last edited:

Chiaki Shinichi

Beginning Hacker
    Years

You could use the rom which you have skilled on, which has more tools, more experience on.
    But try hacking Firered.

_-Davie-_

Hacker Elite
    Years
    Hey,

After searching and reading for a long time I unfortunately couldn't find a solution to what I'm about to ask. I Hope Someone Can Help Me...

The Rom I Am Hacking Is Pokemon Ruby(AXVE)

I know how to edit the intro scene(I'm talking about the scene with Latios and Latias by the way), my method is by exporting and importing the images using un-LZ GBA. I know all the numbers and everything. I noticed the colours looked odd before i exported them but i presume they just change into different colours when in-game.

So I proceeded to first just change the male characters hair along with its colour. For the colour i opened up the rom(un-hacked) to see which colour transferred into a yellow-ish colour. I discovered i could use the colour on the bag(see attatchment one) which was orange(out of game).

I then made these changes making sure that i kept within the border-line of the character and using the same orange (i did this by using the dropper-tool). You can check what I did by seeing attatchment two.

I imported the edited picture into the game over the right image (No.189) in un-LZ GBA.

However when viewing my current work in VisualBoyAdvance I noticed there was obviously a serious problem(See attatchment three).

Basically I am very stuck so I really would appreiciate any help.

Thanks In Advance,
    -Davie-

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Okay I am starting to learn how to use unLZ-GBA. But I am still having problems. I am trying to change trainer sprites from FR to Emerald. I am using RS ball to export them. Then I imported with unLZ-GBA. But what do I do next?

Is there a tutorial for unLZ-GBA?

Last edited:

Chiaki Shinichi

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    Okay I am starting to learn how to use unLZ-GBA. But I am still having problems. I am trying to change trainer sprites from FR to Emerald. I am using RS ball to export them. Then I imported with unLZ-GBA. But what do I do next?

Is there a tutorial for unLZ-GBA?

You can Export and import trainer sprites with unLZ-GBA. I have got one tutorial for ruby and sapphire.

Years
    Here's a question: Does anybody know how to use the SPRITEMOVE command? I want to make a script that moves a certain guy to a certain location, and found this in the Rubikon command list...

GargnaroK

Years
    Here's a question: Does anybody know how to use the SPRITEMOVE command? I want to make a script that moves a certain guy to a certain location, and found this in the Rubikon command list...

And to move sprites to a certain location on the map, use this command:
    Code:
    #raw 57
    #raw [event number to move]
    #raw 00
    #raw [x position in hex]
    #raw 00
    #raw [y position in hex]
    #raw 00

I don't know if you're refering to this, but here it is =)!

[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Okay ive got one more question. The tutorial you supplied gives me numbers to use in unLZ-GBA. Where exactly do I imput them? If i put them in goto or select Pal. It will give me some random pixles. Where do I put all these numbers

Chiaki Shinichi

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    Okay ive got one more question. The tutorial you supplied gives me numbers to use in unLZ-GBA. Where exactly do I input them? If i put them in goto or select Pal. It will give me some random pixles. Where do I put all these numbers

Grim, i have posted the numbers. Just check the last post on the top and download the attachment. Okay.

Years
    A question! Again...

Anyway, I know there is a way to make a Pokémon battle sprite appear/dissappear on the screen, but I don't know how! Can anyone tell me the command?

EDIT:
    GargnaroK said:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. 9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scizz
    And to move sprites to a certain location on the map, use this command:

Code:
    #raw 57
    #raw [event number to move]
    #raw 00
    #raw [x position in hex]
    #raw 00
    #raw [y position in hex]
    #raw 00

I don't know if you're refering to this, but here it is =)!

[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
    By the way, will these commands move a certain sprite instantly, or, for example, when you reload the map?

Last edited:

GargnaroK

Years
    A question! Again...

Anyway, I know there is a way to make a Pokémon battle sprite appear/dissappear on the screen, but I don't know how! Can anyone tell me the command?

EDIT:
    By the way, will these commands move a certain sprite instantly, or, for example, when you reload the map?

What do you mean with pokemon battle sprite? If you mean a regular in-game sprite on the map the commands are:

To hide sprites on the map, use this command:
    Code:
    #raw 53
    #raw [event number of the person]
    #raw 00

To show sprites, you have to add this command:
    Code:
    #raw 55
    #raw [event number of the person]
    #raw 00

For example the command to change the sprite position is triggered by a flag... If the flag is triggered on the same map as the sprite, it won't change the position instantly, as you said it needs to be reloaded... But if triggered elsewhere rather than the map the sprite is, it will change position instantly...

Hope it helped...
    [[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back