• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • What do you mean with pokemon battle sprite? If you mean a regular in-game sprite on the map the commands are:

For example the command to change the sprite position is triggered by a flag... If the flag is triggered on the same map as the sprite, it won't change the position instantly, as you said it needs to be reloaded... But if made elsewhere rather than the map the sprite is, it will change position instantly...

Hope it helped...
    [[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]

1. No, I mean a sprite like

that.

2. Eh, huh? I don't quite understand. What I mean is that if I trigger an event containing the command to move a sprite to a new position on the map, without setting a flag, will it instantly go to there, and return to its original position once I reload the map?

And I have another question: What flag do I have to use with the checkflag command if I want to check if the player has at least one Pokémon with him?

GargnaroK

So... How Does my soul tastes?
    Years
  • 1. No, I mean a sprite like
    that.

2. Eh, huh? I don't quite understand. What I mean is that if I trigger an event containing the command to move a sprite to a new position on the map, without setting a flag, will it instantly go to there, and return to its original position once I reload the map?

And I have another question: What flag do I have to use with the checkflag command if I want to check if the player has at least one Pokémon with him?

1. No I don't think that's possible in hacks, only I've only see that in the game section...

2. No, it will remain the position if you reload the map the only way to make it change and return is, for example, triggering a flag(to change positions) and then clearing that same flag(to return to original position)...

3. Dunno search in the thread or wait for someone to answer you...=\

[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    1. No, I mean a sprite like

that.

When the player gets a Pokémon, the flag 0x800 (Ruby), 0x860 (Emerald) must be activated for the party flag. So the script must check for that flag.

Colin

TotW spriter
    Years
  • I have a question now.
    How do I use TileMolester?
    I'm trying to change the in battle trainer sprites of the male and female characters but I can't find them, nor do I know how to use the TileMolester...
    I already know that they are compressed data, but, how do I get to it?
    Does anyone know how to help me?

_-Davie-_

Hacker Elite
    Years
  • I have a question now.
    How do I use TileMolester?
    I'm trying to change the in battle trainer sprites of the male and female characters but I can't find them, nor do I know how to use the TileMolester...
    I already know that they are compressed data, but, how do I get to it?
    Does anyone know how to help me?

Hey There,
    From experience I have found that in order to change the in battle trainer sprites it is far easier to use un-LZ GBA, a very user-friendly tool. If I'm correct, I believe you can find a link to it in the tools forum. If you have problems downloading it then just add me on msn and i'll send you it or on the other hand if you have problems working it you can do likewise.
    Hope everything works out,
    -Davie-

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Okay Im using unLZ-GBA. Im looking for protagonist fronts and backs. But I cant find them. Im in Pokemon emerald. What are the digits for them? The pics are different in the tutorial

Hero: 1939
    Heroine: 1940

You have to use the Tile Molester or TLP to edit their backsprites, they're somewhere in the end.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    Ok i´m hacking pokémon FR.
    The problem is, i can´t use Dexter, so i can´t change the pokedex settings.
    ( doesn't support fr or something? )

And also, in PET, some pokemons attack cannot be changed.
    They then will get weird attacks.
    Help?

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    I know I sound like a N00b, but I can't open maps in Elitemap! I really need to Open Pallet Town, but I can't find where...

It supports my ROM fine. It's Leaf Green. I just can't find where you Open the map you want to edit.... >.<

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Ok i´m hacking pokémon FR.
    The problem is, i can´t use Dexter, so i can´t change the pokedex settings.
    ( doesn't support fr or something? )

And also, in PET, some pokemons attack cannot be changed.
    They then will get weird attacks.
    Help?

Dexter doesn't support FR/LG/E.
    And you can't edit most of the pkmn's moves with PET so you have to use a hex editor.

I know I sound like a N00b, but I can't open maps in Elitemap! I really need to Open Pallet Town, but I can't find where...

It supports my ROM fine. It's Leaf Green. I just can't find where you Open the map you want to edit.... >.<

I had the same problem when I started hacking so I used Advance Map.
    Next to the open button choose a map level and map bank.
    But you should use Advance Map, it's much more easier.

_-Davie-_

Hacker Elite
    Years
  • Hey,

Hardly anyone ever actually replies and helps me out so please can someone this time! ^.^

I'm currently editting tilesets which has been going fine so far but on advance map the flower tile looks how it now should (i editted the grass so i edited the grass behind the flower aswell) however when i play my rom the flower in the game hasnt changed at all despite it looking like it has in AdvanceMap.

Can someone please try and explain why this has happened and if there is a solution to this problem.

Much Appreciated,
    -Davie-

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • Hey,

Hardly anyone ever actually replies and helps me out so please can someone this time! ^.^

I'm currently editting tilesets which has been going fine so far but on advance map the flower tile looks how it now should (i editted the grass so i edited the grass behind the flower aswell) however when i play my rom the flower in the game hasnt changed at all despite it looking like it has in AdvanceMap.

Can someone please try and explain why this has happened and if there is a solution to this problem.

Much Appreciated,
    -Davie-

That is couse you diidn't change the animations of the flower you just change the tiles
    You can change the animations of flowers water etc whit TLP

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • hey again,

Ah right thanks Alma Core, sorry to be of a bother but do you think you could tell me what i need to do to put in in tlp, do i just need to load the rom/tileset into tlp and simply edit it or?

Thanks a Bunch,
    -Davie-

you have to load your rom find the flower movement and edit it

Colin

TotW spriter
    Years
  • Hey There,
    From experience I have found that in order to change the in battle trainer sprites it is far easier to use un-LZ GBA, a very user-friendly tool. If I'm correct, I believe you can find a link to it in the tools forum. If you have problems downloading it then just add me on msn and i'll send you it or on the other hand if you have problems working it you can do likewise.
    Hope everything works out,
    -Davie-
    Acually, I'm trying to edit the back sprites of the main heros.
    I know they are in there as compressed data...somewhere...
    By the way, I'm hacking FireRed.
    (I dont have MSN for messaging but, thats not the problem.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    hey again,

Ah right thanks Alma Core, sorry to be of a bother but do you think you could tell me what i need to do to put in in tlp, do i just need to load the rom/tileset into tlp and simply edit it or?

Thanks a Bunch,
    -Davie-

The flower animations in TLP/TM are somewhere around 3A7200. Just edit the animations to the ones you want.

Acually, I'm trying to edit the back sprites of the main heros.
    I know they are in there as compressed data...somewhere...
    By the way, I'm hacking FireRed.
    (I dont have MSN for messaging but, thats not the problem.)

Open your FR ROM in TLP or Tile Molester. The back sprites are somewhere at the end.

Chazz Princeton

I was the 1234pokemon!
    Years
  • Hey Christos,
    Ive seemed to have searched this whole thread for the door animation editing coz in my hack i changed the tile set and when i warp through a door it ssems to show the old tileset animation!
    Do you know some way to edit tht ?

Colin

TotW spriter
    Years
  • The flower animations in TLP/TM are somewhere around 3A7200. Just edit the animations to the ones you want.

Open your FR ROM in TLP or Tile Molester. The back sprites are somewhere at the end.
    Thanks but, what do I do about the colors?
    Do I have to change the pallet or something?

*Edit*
    I also need to know the easiest way to add more pokemon and sprites without replacing anything.
    And I don't see the back sprites...
    I also need to find the profile sprites that you see at the beggining of the game.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back