• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2010
    GBA Memory Stick?

I'm not sure where this goes, but for 'cheat' tools, I can't find a better place for asking this question.

Has anyone ever used a GBA Memory Stick for pokemon games? I bought one, but it freezes up on the main screen. I've looked online and all reviews say the product works. Has anyone ever used this product and/or experienced any difficulties using it?

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
    mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    I'm stuck again with 3 types of scripts...

In this one nothing happens neither the message is displayed...
    Code:
    #org 0x800000
    message 0x800200
    boxset 0x4
    checkitem 0x10B
    #raw 47
    #raw 0B
    #raw 1
    #raw 0
    compare LASTRESULT 0
    if 1 jump 0x800150
    message 0x800300
    boxset 0x4
    warp 0x0 0x56 0x0
    end

#org 0x800150
    message 0x800400
    boxset 0x4
    release
    end

#org 0x800200
    = This is the WIND EGG\nIt's said that in past times it revived\pthe city from the ashes after the\nwars...   

#org 0x800300
    = Huh?!\nYour RAINBOW ASH got brighter...

#org 0x800400
    = Huh?!\nSuddendly the wind got stronger\pfor an instant...

This one is the same thing...
    Code:
    #org 0x887B14
    checkitem 0x117
    compare LASTRESULT 0
    if 1 0x887B30
    end

#org 0x887B30
    message 0x887B4C
    boxset 0x4
    applymovemt 0xFF 0x887B84
    wait 0x0
    release
    end

#org 0x887B84
    #binary 9 FE

#org 0x887B30
    =This sandstorm blinds my eyes!\n Can't keep going...

This one when I try to compile it appears an error message saying "Run-time error 13 Type mismatch"
    Code:
    #org 0x719718
    cry PKMN_TORCHIC
    message 0x719734
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end
    #org 0x719734
    = arfh arfh

What's wrong with them??
    Thnx in advance
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Hail
    Can someone answer this??
    And what are the offsets of the battle fields in unlz in FireRed, and is there a way to increase the img size so that the message of compressed data to big doesn't appear?
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Last edited:

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
    Years
    Arbok, if you want to change the trainer sprites, you should use unlz. You will need to find where the trainers start (in ruby it is around id 1042 or so). Export the file, edit the image reimport it and save.

If you are having a more specific problem let me know, and I'll try to explain more.

Years
    where can i get a vba? oh forget it but whenever i download 0ne t turns up as an internet page not a vba icon oh and my computers WINDOWS ME

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    Ok, I have a few new questions on hacking FR
    1. For one thing, HOW DO YOU USE A HEX EDITER? I cant figure out how to put in scripts!
    2. How do I make it so that you can only get one starter pokemon?
    3. How do I add new pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2006
    Question

I was wondering if you could help me with something. I just got pokemon chaos black and iam at Mt.Moon where there is a surf area.Can anyone tell me how to get past it.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    That is the end of the demo/alpha. You cannot pass it. You are the millionth user to ask that. I am dissapointed.

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    That was such a pointless post. Don't.
    1. Tutorials in the turorials Docs section.
    2. Go to Advancemap, open up the rom, and go to prof oaks lab. Just delete the scripts which are for the other poke's you don't won't. Or go to Elite map, open up the respective script, and delete it/ replace with text.
    3. There is a large tutorial on this in the docs + tuts section.

And unseen idiot. You deserve to die.Just do. What a stupid post. It served no purpose.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Seen that nobody tells me, i have to tell it again.

Here is my ask.

Look to this picture. Nothing strange.

Then, i'll try to walk up (In normal Ruby games can't you walk up. Yeah, its a wall.) But if i walk up, I CAN WALK UP! I just walk simply down from the wall:

So i thaught: I make the wall unwalkable. So i cant even walk on the piece of ground!:

How do i have to make this piece of ground that you CAN walk on it, but CANT walk UP from it?

BTW, i use elitemap

Coco CrisP

Beginning hacker, suck at hex.
    Years
    Hey all u xperienced hackerz, i need some help

Hey all u experienced hackers, i need some help from one of u. im a newbie here and would like 2 start a hack but i dont know wat tools i need. if someone can jut tell me wat i need and where 2 get it, i would really appreciate.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Uuh, CocoCrisp, just look in the Tools Showcase thread.

Had just another question. How to change te tileset in Elite Map in Ruby?

Last edited:

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2007
    how i can change the Venusaur picture in titlescreen of pokemon leaf green??

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
    Arbok said:
    Seen that nobody tells me, i have to tell it again.

Here is my ask.

Look to this picture. Nothing strange.

Then, i'll try to walk up (In normal Ruby games can't you walk up. Yeah, its a wall.) But if i walk up, I CAN WALK UP! I just walk simply down from the wall:

So i thaught: I make the wall unwalkable. So i cant even walk on the piece of ground!:

How do i have to make this piece of ground that you CAN walk on it, but CANT walk UP from it?

BTW, i use elitemap

Hail
    First of all I think use AM rather than Elitmap, elitemap is good but am gives more options and things to do...
    I'm AM when you change the blocks when you want tp put some heights in some tiles(like the one you shown in the screenies) u have to use, for example, the 10 that gives the height of your tile 2 than 14 which gives 3... Just try it out...
    if you want to have a passage of a c to a 10 or a 10 to 14,ect.. you have to use 0 blocks so that can be possible(commonly they're used in stairs)...
    Hope it helped
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    If that comes in Adv.Map that means you tried changing the size of a map without inserting it anywhere in the rom.Insert it and when you change size that won't come.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    'Nother question about same thing

I have another question about the same thing.

Can you even CHANGE the abilities, like OWN TEMPO, PREVENTS CONFUSION. Just like make that this abilitie.... ''destroys the oppenet when you attack?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back