• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
Years
  • hi

little situation happened just now.. extrated sentret's animation sprites from inside a clean emerald rom and pasted my own image overtop of it without changing the pallete (yes Im sure).. when I reinserted it into unlz-gba it looked fine, then I attempted to see it ingame and this was the result..

errorpz7.png

I dont get it, the pallet indexes are both the same..

any help on this would be REALLY appeciated

****EDIT: ok I fixed it but I dont know if I fixed it correctly.. the palletes worked when I tried experiementing with 'export pallete' and 'automatically fix pointers' I hope that didn't damage anything else..****

***********EDIT2: Does anyone know the sprite and pallet numbers for the inbattle behind trainer sprites in emerald*************

Last edited:

_-Davie-_

Hacker Elite
    Years
  • Hmm i understand your prediciment, i had this problem not so long ago. It appears that sometimes even if the colours appear on the pallettes say in un.LZ-GBA the game does not infact support those colours, therefore when you use these colours they appear different in-game. Another reason for this could be that for instance you may have over-stepped the boundary for the sprite therefore changing the colours however i deem this less likely because usually the colours are changed or messed up much more.
    Anyway hope this helps,
    ~Davie~

Slight problem with Overworld Sprite Editor. (Yes I used the search feature...)

When I try to import a sprite it pops up saying "Error during bitmap loading. The palette of the bitmap you are going to import is not a 16 color one." But the sprite had LESS than 16 colors on it. I even added more to make it 16 and it still said that.

Help?

Hmm well for this I would say that in-order for things to work it may be better to keep the same colours/pallette as the sprite your replacing, it may not be what you want but it may work out better.

There you go! :D

Simple question, I played this hack a while ago, really likeed it then lost it ::CRY::, it was a Yellow re-make on this thread and I can't get the attachment to work, and since the creator hasn't been active since August, I thought I'd ask here:

(It's on the thread "Pokémon Lightning Yellow" Sorry, but I have less than 15 posts and can't post the URL)

So if anybody still had a copy, or could download it for me (If it's a problem withmy PC) That'd be great ^_^

I thought I'd ask here instead of necroposting (O_O)

Thanks in advance
    - Ryuu-san

Hey,
    I think your best option is to check the post occassionally however if it doesnt pop up then you could try other websites like i think theres one called 'Emulation Unlimited' but you'll get lots of results if you simply google it. Either way those are your best hopes.
    All the best,
    ~Davie~

I just exported Team Magma Grunt's sprite from a clean Pokémon Ruby ROM, and then imported it in the same ROM, replacing Brendan's sprite. I clicked "Write to ROM", and selected everything except "Auto abort if new data is bigger". When I started my ROM and slected "New Game", this is what I got:
    *h*t*t*p*:*/*/*i*m*g*3*2*4*.*i*m*a*g*e*s*h*a*c*k*.*u*s*/*i*m*g*3*2*4*/*5*6*7*1*/*t*e*m*p*o*r*a*r*y*x*z*9*.*p*n*g* <-- Remove the *'s, I had to use them because my post count somehow dropped below 15 AGAIN... (EDIT: Had to place them again cuz I edited this post)
    Can somebody please explain why this is happening? (I'm talking about the ROM, not the post o****)

EDIT: Another question.
    When I enter one of the houses in one of my cities in one of my hacks (=D) the border of the map is purple. How can I make it black again? (please give me the number or offset of the block I have to use to make it black again) And when I check the map in AM, I can see I used a black block. Then why is it purple in the game?

Hey there,
    In honesty I haven't checked the image however i understand that sprites have to be the same size (the actual sprite itself, not the box) and that you have to use the same colours/pallette as the sprite your replacing. As for your other question I'm afraid I don't know many offsets or whether thats the problem.
    Anyhoo hope that helps,
    ~Davie~

if i creat a new cave entrance you can't enter it i set it to unknown 03 and you can only enter it at unkown 00 with a normal door if you are inside you can't exit the cave the exit is on water in Fire Red

Hey,
    Sorry but im not entirely sure what you mean. It would help if you posted some pictures or explained in more depth. By the sounds of things i think your working in Advance Map, i would suggest you make sure you have the latest version and that you check each field has the correct data inserted in it. For not being able to exit correctly i would ensure that you have the warp tiles in the right places.
    Best I Can Say,
    ~Davie~

is there a way to decompress the in-battle sprites of trainers and the main character so you can edit them in a programme like TLP? I don't understand Meowth's GFX Inserter and keep getting this message when I try to open AGIXP: 'System Error &H80070485 (-214702379).' so I'm looking for another way. Can anyone help me?

Bonjour,
    Well to be honest i wouldn't suggest using "Meowth's GFX Inserter" and would recommend that you download programmes such as PokePic or un.LZ-GBA as these work the best for me. Luckily for you, both of these come with EliteMap.
    All The Best,
    ~Davie~

This question has been asked before I know it, but I can't find the answer anymore. But here's the question: After importing an image for a new Pokemon using unLZ.GBA, messy pixels appear. Why is that? Didn't Scizz say something about repointing it?

I'll try and keep this sweet and simple. When inserting a new image for a Pokemon in unLZ.GBA you have to keep a few things in mind:
    @keeping the pallette the same<unless you've edited it>
    @keeping the sprite size the same (the actual sprite not the box)
    @ and finally when you click write to rom you should tick every box apart from 'Auto abort if new data is bigger'.
    Hope This Helps,
    ~Davie~

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Bonjour,
    Well to be honest i wouldn't suggest using "Meowth's GFX Inserter" and would recommend that you download programmes such as PokePic or un.LZ-GBA as these work the best for me. Luckily for you, both of these come with EliteMap.
    All The Best,
    ~Davie~

He was talking about Pokemon Gold, not advance hacks like FR/LG and R/S/E. I think you need to download a Dll file for Agixp to work.

moltres_flames

Legendary Collector
    Years
  • Bonjour,
    All The Best,
    ~Davie~
    QUOTE]

Sorry I should have been more specific:embarrass I meant for the gbc games, like gsc

Years
  • Hey, umm, anutha question... I'm kinda slow, and cant find that question, but here it is:
    well, i need to change where the character lands after he/she gets off the truck, and well, he goes to the wrong place...
    is it a fly area? and if it is, well, how do i change it (formatting my comp and i forgot about backup xD)
    well, if you need a picture with it..
    have no fear, it is here!
    untitledmh9.png

~NekroBoi~
    PS: Thanx In Advance...

Years
  • Hey, umm, anutha question... I'm kinda slow, and cant find that question, but here it is:
    well, i need to change where the character lands after he/she gets off the truck, and well, he goes to the wrong place...
    is it a fly area? and if it is, well, how do i change it (formatting my comp and i forgot about backup xD)
    well, if you need a picture with it..
    have no fear, it is here!

~NekroBoi~
    PS: Thanx In Advance...
    (had to remove the pic)
    D'you see those "Boy" and "Girl" events? Just move them. The place where the "Boy" event is, is where the male hero will appear after coming out of the truck. The place where the "Girl" event is, is where the female here will appear after coming out of the truck. Just move them around a bit, save, open your rom and behold...

Years
  • (had to remove the pic)
    D'you see those "Boy" and "Girl" events? Just move them. The place where the "Boy" event is, is where the male hero will appear after coming out of the truck. The place where the "Girl" event is, is where the female here will appear after coming out of the truck. Just move them around a bit, save, open your rom and behold...

xD
    I'm not that dull, i just dont know How to MOVE them... what program do i use?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Uhhh ... just click and drag. You should try and play around with the programs before you get started on your hack, just so y'know.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Hi i have been having problems lately with tile molester. I can work with it fine and the tutorials at wah help me. But i can't seem to find the offset to were the hero/heroine icon is. I want to change them and i have the icon ready. I tried putting them into over world sprite but they wouldn't work because it had a run time error. So i was wondering if anyone could give me the offsets of were those icons are located, also i'm hacking a ruby.us rom.

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • Right I Am Having Trouble With A Script. I Inserted One But I Was Told I Got It Wrong. Can You Help??
    I Needed A Script That People Move After You have Beaten The Elite 4. 2 Guards Will Move Out Of The Way Of The Route Of Legendaries!

Amoblaz

Quester
    Years
  • I am working on a firered hack, and I am trying to insert a new map, everything is going ok, except for this 1 thing.

1637pokemonleafgreenverbi0.png

As you can see in the above picture, the border ain't changing, I am using Advance Map 1.82 Ive put a three in the place of the border, but thats what I always get, no matter what rom i use.

What can I do about this?

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
    Years
  • ^your map is having one of two problems, its either reading the chipset improperly or that is the side/corner of your map and you havent chosen an appropriate border for your map.. if its the second of the two, look in the map header (?) tab at the top (the last one) and change the boarder images.. its in the bottom left corner I think.. hope I was helpful..

Years
  • When I was editing some text in Advance Text, my eyes almost popped out of my head as I saw this text:
    "DARKNESS TOWER Clear"
    I clicked Resume.
    "RED TOWER Clear"
    I clicked Resume again.
    "BLACKIRON TOWER Clear"
    And clicked it again.
    "FINAL TOWER Clear"
    I clicked it one more time, and this popped up:
    "Awarded for 50
    straight wins at
    the BATTLE TOWER." <-- Nothing interesting, eh?

Anyway, I copied the offset of one of these messages, converted them to hex and opened the offset in ScriptED.
    ScriptED started loading an incredibly huge script, the same thing what happened when I opened Maxie's offset in the Seafloor Cavern.
    Seems like I reached a dead end.

Now here's my question: Does anybody here know something about these towers? Is it a function only used in the beta? Do you need an E-Card for it? Anyhing else?...

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • I Added A Script To Try And Get The Pokemon Who Is First In Your Party To Come Out The Pokeball And Follow You But When I Did It It Didnt Work And A Dot Followed You Around. Then It Crashed??? Any Help?

michaelh

Script Ninja-in-training
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Got a few questions:
    I'm hacking Fire Red

1. I want my Professor to enter a door on my map at 0008 x 0013.
    Can someone make a script for that? I'm not too hot on scripting.

2. The Sprite for my Professor is not visible through the current script.
    Does anyone know why?

3. Can I use Lunar Expand on a Fire Red ROM?

4. How do I make the cloud weather visible only through puddles, and not doorways and borders?

EDIT:
    I found the script for the professor.
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x1655F9
    jingle
    setvar 0x4001 0x1
    goto 0x8165605
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x165605
    setvar 0x8004 0x0
    setvar 0x8005 0x2
    special 0x174
    #raw 0xC7
    nop
    pause 0x1E
    playsound 0x12E
    nop
    #raw 0x67
    release
    setmaptile 0x871 0x2866 0x55 0x4F68
    #raw 0xFF
    nop
    #raw 0xED
    #raw 0x75
    copyvarifnotzero 0x5108 0x0
    #raw 0x2F
    copybyte 0xFF4F00 0xDB
    #raw 0x75
    pause 0x1E
    #raw 0x55
    return

Which bits are the co-ordinates to change, and How do I change them?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Got a few questions:
    I'm hacking Fire Red

1. I want my Professor to enter a door on my map at 0008 x 0013.
    Can someone make a script for that? I'm not too hot on scripting.

2. The Sprite for my Professor is not visible through the current script.
    Does anyone know why?

3. Can I use Lunar Expand on a Fire Red ROM?

4. How do I make the cloud weather visible only through puddles, and not doorways and borders?

EDIT:
    I found the script for the professor.
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x1655F9
    jingle
    setvar 0x4001 0x1
    goto 0x8165605
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x165605
    setvar 0x8004 0x0
    setvar 0x8005 0x2
    special 0x174
    #raw 0xC7
    nop
    pause 0x1E
    playsound 0x12E
    nop
    #raw 0x67
    release
    setmaptile 0x871 0x2866 0x55 0x4F68
    #raw 0xFF
    nop
    #raw 0xED
    #raw 0x75
    #raw 0x2F
    copybyte 0xFF4F00 0xDB
    #raw 0x75
    pause 0x1E
    #raw 0x55
    return

Which bits are the co-ordinates to change, and How do I change them?
    you could just use elitemap...
    ctrl+ click on the tile and you can change the behaviour...
    but it would remove the steps the puddle would normally trace... no, i dont know how to give it two behaviours..

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • A few questions for my hack:
    1. How do you make cutscenes happen in Emerald?
    2. How do you insert those cutscenes into the game in the first place?
    3. How can I activate the animation of the red/blue orb glowing in my game?

_-Davie-_

Hacker Elite
    Years
  • Hope This Helps!!!

A few questions for my hack:
    1. How do you make cutscenes happen in Emerald?
    2. How do you insert those cutscenes into the game in the first place?
    3. How can I activate the animation of the red/blue orb glowing in my game?

In Return To Your Questions:
    1. If you are talking about what i think you are you need to use script i would personally suggest downloading DiamondCutter (check the tools forum).
    2.More or less what i'm referring to above. If you have no experience in this i would suggest learning how to use script or ask someone to teach you.
    3.I'm a little unsure on what you are reffering to but once more scripting may be the solution.
    A lot about scripting there huh? lol
    All The Best,
    ~Davie~

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2007
    'RubIDE temporary file for recompilation.
    #include "std.rbh"
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x1655ED
    jingle
    setvar 0x4001 0x0
    goto 0x8165605
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x165605
    setvar 0x8004 0x0
    setvar 0x8005 0x2
    special 0x174
    #raw 0xC7
    nop
    pause 0x1E
    playsound 0x12E
    nop
    #raw 0x67
    #raw 0x2C
    #raw 0xD7
    #raw 0x17
    jumpstd 0x66
    pause 0x55
    #raw 0x68
    applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x81A75ED
    pause 0x0
    #raw 0x2F
    copybyte 0xFF4F00 0xDB
    #raw 0x75
    pause 0x1E
    #raw 0x55
    return

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #raw 9 'Up5
    #raw B 'Right6
    #raw 9 'Up4
    #raw A 'Left1
    #raw 9 'Up 2
    #raw FE 'Exit

I'm /really/ new at scripting. What's wrong with this script? I've read the tutorials and commands sections in EliteMap alot and they don't help. BTW, It's for Oaks movements in pallet town (fire red). He starts at X:E, Y:12 and needs to go up 5, right 6, up 4, left 1, and up 2 to end up at X:13 Y:7 which is the exit. help much?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back