• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Shinigami*

死神
Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2007
    O.K, I need help editing the title screen on Fire Red, Could somone please help me with the following:

1) The Charizard Pic
    2) The Colours on the two bars
    3) The Version logo
    EDIT: And if possible the background (The large part that's usually green)

Thanks in advance, its really bugging me ^^;;

Last edited:

UnHoly

The Invincible
    Years
  • rearrange maps

just a quick question and hopefully someone can answer it for a newb rom hacker like me to understand anyway onto the question,

how can i rearrange maps within pokemon emerald, either in Advance map or Elitemap

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    It's best to use AdvanceMap for all your mapping needs. Use the Connection Manager to change the connections to your likings:)

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • This is answered but if it ain't ...
    How do i make and insert tiles in? and not just that how do i make the animation for it like when you step on grass it goes bright?

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2007
    This is answered but if it ain't ...
    How do i make and insert tiles in? and not just that how do i make the animation for it like when you step on grass it goes bright?

you can make them whit paint
    insert the whit unzlgba or advance map
    and change the animations whit tlp

ShadowPanzer

"We are waititng for you....."
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    ok i really need help. To start, i am tryying to make a new hack using new starter pkmn in silver version. the thing is that after i change the starter pkmn, once you select your 1st pkmn you are not allowed to go out of new bark town because the girl thinks you don't have a pkmn. the funny thing is that before you go to Elms lab, you are able to get out of the town.

so in short i need help badly:P

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Um I want to know how to make the Johto stater event happen earlier in emerald if someone can tell me thanks.

Years
  • My questions

Ok, since my previous topic has been deleted, i think i'll just have to ask them again. Also, i'd like to say that the search command in the Simple Questions thread Doesn't work for me (It doesn't load), which is why i try to get my answers by making this topic.
    Please, please try to answer them and don't delete my topic again. I don't want to spend hours looking for the answers in the Simple Questions thread.

1. How do i customize wild Pokemon and which tools do i need?
    2. I have a text editor, Advance-Text, but it can't make lines any longer than they were before. Does someone know a tool which can edit texts and make them longer then they used to be?

I'm making a hack of Pokemon Silver, just in case you need to know.

Edit: Whoever moved my post into this topic, thanks. The "last page" button didn't work too earlier today =P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Ok, since my previous topic has been deleted, i think i'll just have to ask them again. Also, i'd like to say that the search command in the Simple Questions thread Doesn't work for me (It doesn't load), which is why i try to get my answers by making this topic.
    Please, please try to answer them and don't delete my topic again. I don't want to spend hours looking for the answers in the Simple Questions thread.

1. How do i customize wild Pokemon and which tools do i need?
    2. I have a text editor, Advance-Text, but it can't make lines any longer than they were before. Does someone know a tool which can edit texts and make them longer then they used to be?

I'm making a hack of Pokemon Silver, just in case you need to know.

Edit: Whoever moved my post into this topic, thanks. The "last page" button didn't work too earlier today =P

GoldMap can edit the Pokemon under the Tab "Wild Pokemon" and Advance -Text does not work with Pokemon Silver you need to use Poketext or an Hex-editor to edit the text, you can make text longer by repointing the text in a text editor.

Years
  • GoldMap can edit the Pokemon under the Tab "Wild Pokemon" and Advance -Text does not work with Pokemon Silver you need to use Poketext or an Hex-editor to edit the text, you can make text longer by repointing the text in a text editor.

I found GoldMap with relative ease, but looking through the tools thread and google i still couldn't find Poketext. Can you give me a link to a site where i can download it?

Years
  • Another question from me. It's about GoldMap this time.
    When i click on "Wild Pokemons", it always says "Sorry this map hasn't wild Pokemon data or isn't found yet." So i tried to find routes, but wherever i search, i don't find them. So could you give me a small tutorial about how to find and edit them?

Also, i don't know how to load the roms on EliteMap.

(Sorry for all the question by the way)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Another question from me. It's about GoldMap this time.
    When i click on "Wild Pokemons", it always says "Sorry this map hasn't wild Pokemon data or isn't found yet." So i tried to find routes, but wherever i search, i don't find them. So could you give me a small tutorial about how to find and edit them?

Also, i don't know how to load the roms on EliteMap.

(Sorry for all the question by the way)

Try using this tool to Edit the Wild Pokemon in Silver: Download Here

Years
  • Sorry Blazichu, that program doesn't work either. It says that i have to install version v2.0.50215 from .Net Framework. Thanks for your time, though. I'll just try and search through the forums again to see if i can find any GoldMap tutorials.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    What version of Goldmap are you using? Also if you haven't extracted from the zip that could be why because you need all the files that come with it to function.

Years
  • Thanks for your help, Blazichu. Although i ment something else, i now have an Advance-Map thing that works with Pokemon Silver, which was something else that i still needed too =)

Anyways, to prevent confusion again, let me ask the question in a different way:

Does anyone know how to customize Pokemon, so they have new attacks, a new name and new sprites?

Edit: Ok, editing Pokemon Silver seems to be pretty hard... It was easier with Pokemon Emerald. So i'm going to edit Pokemon Emerald from now on, so i'd like to have my answer in a way which will be best for Pokemon Emerald. Thanks =)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back