• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
  • The problem might be is the sprite has to be 64 by 64 pixels and the backgrounds has to match and you have to go into photoshop and save it as a 16 bit png file or save the charizard pic and in paint just go over the charizard should work:D
    Not 16-bit: 16-color. I'd suggest that you convert that sprite to Charizard's original palette by copy+pasting the sprite over Charizard in Paint, then just saving it. Then you should be able to insert it.
    So, any help with my map problems?

ShadowPanzer

"We are waititng for you....."
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    ok i really need help. To start, i am tryying to make a new hack using new starter pkmn in silver version. the thing is that after i change the starter pkmn, once you select your 1st pkmn you are not allowed to go out of new bark town because the girl thinks you don't have a pkmn. the funny thing is that before you go to Elms lab, you are able to get out of the town.

so in short i need help badly

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    ok i really need help. To start, i am tryying to make a new hack using new starter pkmn in silver version. the thing is that after i change the starter pkmn, once you select your 1st pkmn you are not allowed to go out of new bark town because the girl thinks you don't have a pkmn. the funny thing is that before you go to Elms lab, you are able to get out of the town.

so in short i need help badly

This is probably an involvement with the triggers in New Bark Town, you could just move the triggers so the triggers don't function on the map of New Bark Town, or you could just try again with a new silver rom as it might not be working properly.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Okay Im editing Bulbasaur in my Ruby hack and the tool Dexter with EliteMap wont let me input text in the info about the Pokemon. Anyone have another tool or an idea of why it wont?

Years
  • I USED THE SEARCH AND FOUND NOTHING.

Does anybody know how to make an event invisible to see for the player, until another event is triggered or until a certain flag is on?

Years
  • For a new name i would suggest merely using A-Text and searching for the text you wish to change.

I tried to change the name with A-text, but it couldn't find any Pokemon names. Does anyone have an other idea how to change a Pokemon's name?

Also, i'm having problems with giving my custom Pokemon a new icon. Importing Pokemon sprites and putting them in the game is a piece of cake now that i know how to do it, but the icon acts weird. You see the icon going like this: Chartini-Cyndaquil-Chartini-Cyndaquil, etc, and the colors of my customized icon change.
    How can i solve this?

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    I tried to change the name with A-text, but it couldn't find any Pokemon names. Does anyone have an other idea how to change a Pokemon's name?

Also, i'm having problems with giving my custom Pokemon a new icon. Importing Pokemon sprites and putting them in the game is a piece of cake now that i know how to do it, but the icon acts weird. You see the icon going like this: Chartini-Cyndaquil-Chartini-Cyndaquil, etc, and the colors of my customized icon change.
    How can i solve this?

You should use NEA to change the Pokemon names. You can get it here. And for the icon problem, use IconEd. I'm not sure if you can import the pic though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    You can't import the icons using IconEd, I think no program can yet, try to insert them using Tile Layer Pro.

Years
  • You can't import the icons using IconEd,

You can, by just pressing this:
    naamlooszb2.png

The actual translation is "Import Creation". When i clicked that, the Pokemon had that icon! Thanks Treecko!

Years
  • I'm trying to make a movement script for Pokémon Emerald (US).

This is my script:
    #org 0xE3CF64
    applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0xF3CF64
    pause 0x90
    applymovement 0x9 0xF5CF64
    pause 0x10
    message 0xF6CF64
    boxset 0x2

#org 0xF3CF64
    #binary 4 4 4 4 4 4 7 7 4 4 4 4 7 FE

#org 0xF5CF64
    #binary 56 FE

#org 0xF6CF64
    = This script works!

(I was only testing it out in a backup of my rom, which is also US Emerald)
    Basically, I want the player to step 6 blocks down, then 2 to the right, then 4 down, then 1 to the right, then make a ! appear above the Proffesor's head (people no. 9).

But when I step on the tile the script is on, the game just freezes. The music still plays, though.

When I, angrily, open my ROM in ScriptEd, then load the script's offset, this shows up:

#org 0xE3CF64
    applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x8F3CF64
    pause 0x90
    applymovement 0x9 0x8F5CF64
    pause 0x10
    msgbox 0x8F6CF64 '"FAB0BABEF6CF64"
    callstd 0x2
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    #raw 0xFF
    And so on...

So, can anyone tell me what's wrong? Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    You're missing the "end" command at the end of the script.
    And maybe it freezed because you didn't put something in "Unknown" and "Flag Number". Try something else.

Years
  • I don't really understand (i'm a bit new at scripting, the only thing I can do is make a simple message script). Can you make your explanation a bit easier, or maybe show an example of how a working movement script (Emerald, US version) has to look like?

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Ok i might as well ask you guys this question.
    Im new to hacking however, I think i have conquered advancedmap (not fully but i know the basics)
    my next hacking goal is to learn to insert new scripts and modify texts and so on. Ive searched this board and I think it has been explained to a bit more experienced hackers who know how to modify offsets and so on, but could anyone maybe explain to me how this is done?

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    bobpickle - I have prepared a tutorial, but it hasn't been posted in the Documents section. I'll attach it here.

BuizeruChick

i <3 buizeru!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2010
    I am trying to edit the battles in a Ruby game. However, when I open the ROM, instead of the trainer names I get random symbols. Do I have a bad ROM?

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Need Help With Tile Molester

When I open the raw file of my sprite, the pallet is completely different from what it is in unLZ-GBA. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

Also, is there a way to search for a pallete (using an offset) without having to go one pallet at a time?

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    All you need to do is check the "Export Palette" box after you click "Write to rom".

Btw, I know I'm not a mod or anything, but next time can you post this question in the "Simple Questions" thread. Reason, if no one answers you when you make your own thread, like this way, Scizz, Jeremy, or Hiroshi will close lock it because qusetions like this doesn't belong here. It was said many times.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Um i have a problem im trying to hack gold only problem is the tools are all in german can some on help

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Furanki Pkmn Master said:
    Um i have a problem im trying to hack gold only problem is the tools are all in german can some on help

Gold isn't very hard to hack basically if it is Agixp 4.11, I have created a Tutorial on how to use it here: Agixp Tutorial

But basically only for gold you need a hex-editor, a mapping tool and a tile-editting tool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back