• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    PokeCry Problem

How do I use PokeCry? I want to edit a Pokemon's cry, but I don't know how. PLEASE help!

Last edited:

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • I'm hacking a Pokémon Red...(Yes, old version...) and I need some tools...

1.- How can I change the Pokémon's names ??
    2.- How can I change the attacks' names ??
    3.- Any good tool for changing the text ??

That's all for now. Thanks in advance.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • Would anyone happen to know how the block editor of advancemap works? I am unable to replace the tilesets because the load tileset command is grayed-out.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Would anyone happen to know how the block editor of advancemap works? I am unable to replace the tilesets because the load tileset command is grayed-out.

Did you try going to Picture, then saving the tileset and loading the new one? Because when you save the tileset from Picture, it saves the tileset to the right, and you can edit that. It worked for me.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • It didn't work. I'm assuming that we're talking about two different things though; I want to import a tileset with custom graphics, not draw them out on the block editor.

dakelland12

fire type master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2007
    can i make another warp so i can go in to buildings that i have made and how? please i realy want to know

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    Attacks hacking

Hi. I have been hacking ruby AXVE and I have run into a little problem. I was editing the attacks of pokemon using pokemon amplifier 2006 AE and I decided to add some new attacks to some pokemon (i.e.: instead of replacing old ones add completly new ones too). Everyting was fine till i realized that when i did this some pokemon's attack lists started to combine with others. So lets say I added 5 more attack slots to bellosom - great, but when i add more attack slots to any other pokemon, bellosom will have both attack lists like a "run-on" attack list. It looks like I will have to repoint some stuff but I'm not sure how the attacks of pokemon are stored, where I can find them, or how I would go about repointing them. So plz, any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    W_rink_ly

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Hi. I have been hacking ruby AXVE and I have run into a little problem. I was editing the attacks of pokemon using pokemon amplifier 2006 AE and I decided to add some new attacks to some pokemon (i.e.: instead of replacing old ones add completly new ones too). Everyting was fine till i realized that when i did this some pokemon's attack lists started to combine with others. So lets say I added 5 more attack slots to bellosom - great, but when i add more attack slots to any other pokemon, bellosom will have both attack lists like a "run-on" attack list. It looks like I will have to repoint some stuff but I'm not sure how the attacks of pokemon are stored, where I can find them, or how I would go about repointing them. So plz, any advice would be appreciated!

I've run into a similar problem in PET. When I add more Pokemon to a trainer's party, the first Pokemon from the following trainer's party becomes the one I added to the previous trainer. And vice-versa. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Depends on which version the one with more choices i know how to use

What do you mean by 'the one with more choices'? Because I use PokeCryGUI, which comes with EliteMap.

I also have another problem. Using unLZ-GBA, I exported the sprite of Sceptile and edited it. Then I imported it, and it looked fine. But after I did the whole Write to ROM thing, went to a different sprite, and then went back to the Sceptile one, the black color in the sprite was replaced with the background color. Did I do something wrong? Because I've done this before and the problem hasn't happened sometimes.

Last edited:

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    I've run into a similar problem in PET. When I add more Pokemon to a trainer's party, the first Pokemon from the following trainer's party becomes the one I added to the previous trainer. And vice-versa. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I was able to fix my problem. From doing a little reading, I found out that the attacks a pokemon learns are stored in hex but are recognised by converting it to binary (they gave example: to learn pound on lv 1 is 1000000001 in binary and 0201 in hex - or something like that). So what I did was change the problem pokemon so that it learnt pound on lv 1 for first 8 attack slots then I searched the rom for 0102 (remember to switch the byte around) 8 times in a row. It worked. Once I knew the offset of the problem pokemon I just manually repointed to empty space and edited the attacks from there so that it had the right number of attack slots.

So regarding the PET problem, maybe if you could find out how the number of pokemon a trainer has are stored, you could change them all to a pokemon the hex value of which you know and then search the rom for that value. Once you've done that you can repoint to empty space and your problem is hopefully solved...

Hehehe guess this was a learning curve for all of us

dakelland12

fire type master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2007
    hi can some one please help me with scripted please i dont realy understand how it work

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Can someone PLEASE tell me how to change a palette step-by-step? I just don't understand it! Or if there is already a thread about it, could you tell me where it is?

Last edited:

light_trainer921

Flamethrower Helper
    Years
  • I'm making a hack next year but I making overworld sprites now the question is can I edit overworlds sprites without editing some sprites because I want to make some trainers unique sprites. If I can, how?

PS: Sorry I didn't search before posting to this thread because there are so many pages that I couldn't read them all.

Last edited:

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • I'm hacking pokemon ruby (US) But when i go to put a munchlax sprite on sprite 252 (POKEPIC) It says the pics to big and the PALs (?) to big! Help plz!

Thanx in advance.

dakelland12

fire type master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2007
    hi i have got scripted but rubicon opens up in notepad document how can i change this? because i can not scripted or can someone else help me scripted like do it for me and be a part of the hack?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm using Advance Starter and I got the names of the Pokemon to appear but I can't edit them. I'm using Emerald.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back