• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

>Bent<

awhups
Years
  • Pokemon Crystal Encounter Rates

How do wild Pokemon percentages work in GSC?

Encounters themselves are shown by XY, where X is the level byte and Y is the species byte. E.g., the string of bytes from 2B0C3 to 2B0EC is 024A0215034A031302E702130213024A0215034A0313021302130213024A0213034A0313021302130213 , which translates to
    Code:
    L2Geodude
    L2Spearow
    L3Geodude
    L3Rattata
    L2Phanpy
    L2Rattata
    L2Rattata
    L2Geodude
    L2Spearow
    L3Geodude
    L3Rattata
    L2Rattata
    L2Rattata
    L2Rattata
    L2Geodude
    L2Rattata
    L3Geodude
    L3Rattata
    L2Rattata
    L2Rattata
    L2Rattata
    Now, I've heard that there are 7 Pokemon to a time of day, meaning that these 21 Pokemon are in one location, over three different time periods. The presence of Phanpy immediately brings to mind Route 46. Since Phanpy is in the first group of 7, we can safely assume that the order is Morn/Day/Nite (especially since Spearow isn't in the third group of 7, and Spearow is the only one of these Pokemon that doesn't appear at night). Thus, does this mean that the odds of catching Phanpy in the morning are 1/7 (15%) and the odds of any level Rattata 3/7 (43%), or is there more to it (such as the order of the individual Pokemon being significant)?

And, for that matter, what defines a "simple question"?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Ok, I need to know how to add in a Pokémon's cry. I have created a Pikachu in Littleroot town in Ruby. I have made it say 'Pika pika', but I want to be able to hear the cry aswel. Anybody know how to do this?

I can answer this one!

Code:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x[your offset here]
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 0xA1 0x19
    nop
    nop
    msgbox 0x8[your message offset here] '"PIKACHU: Pika ..."
    callstd 0x4
    #raw 0xC5
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x1829F4
    = PIKACHU: Pika pika!

It's basically just a message with added stuff.

[cry 0xA1 0x19] means it plays the cry of the Pokemon 19 in hex. That just happens to be Pikachu.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    I can answer this one!

Code:
    '-----------------------
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 0xA1 0x19
    nop
    nop
    callstd 0x4
    #raw 0xC5
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x1829F4

It's basically just a message with added stuff.

[cry 0xA1 0x19] means it plays the cry of the Pokemon 19 in hex. That just happens to be Pikachu.

Oh right cool. But... what do I do with this?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Oh right cool. But... what do I do with this?

Okay, the EliteMap package comes with ScriptEd. Open it up and then copy+paste that script into the window. Click "Compile". Select your ROM and then click yes. It should compile. (make sure you replace the "your offsets here" with an actual offset.) Next open Advance Map and load your ROM. Go to the map with the Pikachu you wanted to speak with. Add the first offset in the script, (the one you needed to plug into the actual script) and add that over "$000000" make sure the $ is in front. Save the map and test it in Visualboy Advance. It should work. (anything over 800000 should be empty offsets. Try plugging them in the script) That's it!

EDIT: Oh, I messed up. Try this one.

Code:
    '-----------------------
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 0xA1 0x19
    nop
    nop
    callstd 0x4
    #raw 0xC5
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x[same as your message offset here]

Edit2: Question:

ScriptED has problems with the trainerbattle commands, there's nothing you can do about it, but inserting the trainerbattle command by either #raw commands, or by inserting it with a Hex-Editor.
    This has been posted quite a while back (Page 37 I believe) but I've looked and found have no answer. What are the #raw commands for a trainerbattle command in Firered? Can someone provide a sample script? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    Could anyone explain Oaks script to me? I'd like to adjust the movement but I can't figure out the positions...
    Code:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x1655C9
    jingle
    setvar 0x4001 0x0
    goto 0x81655E1 
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x1655E1
    setvar 0x8004 0x0
    setvar 0x8005 0x2
    special 0x174
    #raw 0xC7
    nop
    pause 0x1E
    playsound 0x12E
    nop
    #raw 0x67
    jumpstd 0xD7
    #raw 0x17
    jumpstd 0x66
    pause 0x55
    #raw 0x68
    applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x81A75C9
    pause 0x0
    #raw 0x2F
    copybyte 0xFF4F00 0xB7
    #raw 0x75
    copyvarifnotzero 0x5108 0x0
    pause 0x1E
    #raw 0x55
    return

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #raw 2D 'Down4
    #raw FE 'Exit

Years
  • fire red trainers

where are the intro trainer sprites if fire red, the ones that show up when you choose either boy or girl. they are uncompressed arent they. can someone give me the TLP location plz.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Does anyone happen to have the Ruby badge offsets for TM/TLP? They are uncompressed, right?

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Does anyone know how to use PokeCryGUI to edit a Pokemon's cry? I opened the ROM, typed in the PokeID, loaded the WAV, and then clicked on the Samples, Repoint, and Encode buttons, and it never worked! Can I get any help, please? And by the way, does anyone know where to find clear Shinou Pokemon cries? If not, that's okay.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Laptop Code

can someone give me a code so that i can get an item in my keypockets (laptop) so i can access pc at any time.

please!!!! it would be really cool and everyone could put it in their hack too.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Could someone tell me why the back sprite for Torchic just disappeared in unLZ-GBA? It happened after I made a copy of my hack. Every time I copy a gba file, a sprite disappears from unLZ-GBA.

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    Uh oh

Hi,
    I've been hacking ruby 0907 and I've replaced the script used to battle Groudon in Cave of Origin with another script which works fine. However, the weather is still set to drought when i leave the cave. Is there a flag I need to clear or set to stop this? I have looked at the original scipt to try to get an idea but it's very confusing (for me). Would really appreciate some help here.

Thanks in advance,
    W_rink_ly

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • can someone give me a code so that i can get an item in my keypockets (laptop) so i can access pc at any time.

please!!!! it would be really cool and everyone could put it in their hack too.

I'm pretty sure you'd need ASM hacking to make an item like that. Code as in cheating or code as in coding? If it's cheating then no, there's no code for that at all.

Does anyone know the #raw commands for a trainerbattle script? I really need them.

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    Hmmm...

Hi,
    Ok, third question now (he he he). I am trying to find the offset of the palette of the red aura that comes from the red orb when you battle groudon in ruby (0907). The value is 001F which means that I search for 1F00 in the hex editor. Can't find the correct offset tho. Anyone hav better luck than me?

Thanks in advance,
    W_rink_ly

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    How do you load a new tileset in AdvanceMap?
    im still working with the default existing tiles, id like to change it up, i dont know how

How do you add new pokemon? I believe I have the correct program, and I have seen backimages on a site I can use, I am just wondering how to go about it?

thanks

Liquinn

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2007
    I am off at HEX. Need some awnsers Scizz ;)

I use a trans hex editor to edit text.

I can't seem to find symbols in the hex editor, like dots (...) and comma's (,) in my gold table file when I use a hex editor.

How do I edit the text, like, I want to edit this text.

"Ah... I'm so happy." And the hex won't find the dots and the comma.

Next. I can't see to edit the word "Pokemon" with the foreign "e" in the hex editor. I need to know how to do this.

Thanks Scizz.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • How do you load a new tileset in AdvanceMap?
    im still working with the default existing tiles, id like to change it up, i dont know how

How do you add new pokemon? I believe I have the correct program, and I have seen backimages on a site I can use, I am just wondering how to go about it?

thanks

To load a new tileset sweetie, go to the block editor. First save what tileset editing, then load the new tileset you edited or made. Becareful not use save or edit in pallete0, it tends to mess things up, sweetie.

That question has been asked many times, just search for it, sweetie.

I can't seem to find symbols in the hex editor, like dots (...) and comma's (,) in my gold table file when I use a hex editor.

Next. I can't see to edit the word "Pokemon" with the foreign "e" in the hex editor. I need to know how to do this.

Thanks Scizz.

Okie sweetie here ya go. =3
    Hex = Character
    75 = …
    54 = POKé

Apperently sweetie, three characters are 1 byte. It's not a bother anyway, unless you're going to use the word pureé in your hack. XD

Could someone tell me why the back sprite for Torchic just disappeared in unLZ-GBA? It happened after I made a copy of my hack. Every time I copy a gba file, a sprite disappears from unLZ-GBA.

Well sweetie, did ya repoint the sprite or something, before copying the sprite? Use RS Ball, or PokePic to see if you can still see it, sweetie.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    liquinn said:

Thanks Scizz.

I know Jeremy answered it above but here is all the hex codes for Pokemon Gold.

Hex Code= Letter/Number basically this is how it is shown below.
    /00
    4F==
    57=#
    51=*
    52=Hiro
    53=Rival
    54=Poke
    55=+
    58=$
    7F=
    80=A
    81=B
    82=C
    83=D
    84=E
    85=F
    86=G
    87=H
    88=I
    89=J
    8A=K
    8B=L
    8C=M
    8D=N
    8E=O
    8F=P
    90=Q
    91=R
    92=S
    93=T
    94=U
    95=V
    96=W
    97=X
    98=Y
    99=Z
    9C=:
    A0=a
    A1=b
    A2=c
    A3=d
    A4=e
    A5=f
    A6=g
    A7=h
    A8=i
    A9=j
    AA=k
    AB=l
    AC=m
    AD=n
    AE=o
    AF=p
    B0=q
    B1=r
    B2=s
    B3=t
    B4=u
    B5=v
    B6=w
    B7=x
    B8=y
    B9=z
    BA='
    BC='l
    BD='s
    BE='t
    BF='v
    E0='
    E1=PK
    E2=MN
    E3=-
    E4='r
    E5='m
    E6=?
    E7=!
    E8=.
    F4=,
    F6=0
    F7=1
    F8=2
    F9=3
    FA=4
    FB=5
    FC=6
    FD=7
    FE=8
    FF=9
    75=...

"Ah... I'm so happy." should come up as "80 A7 75 7F 88 E5 7F B2 AE 7F A7 A0 AF AF B8 E8"

As for Pokemon, Poke is sepererated as 54 and then MON is 8C 8E 8D.

Hopefully this helped, liquinn.

This should help with people who need Hex Codes for RBY/GSC Hacks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back