• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are aliens real!?

FlameDancer

gif ****.
    Years
    Maybe, I believe that there are other earths like ours out there in the universe and other life forms that are as smart if not smarter than us. I believe that the human race is a new race compared to all of the other races out there. If the human race does advance enough in space travel, we could possibly travel at the speed of light and visit other solar systems. We could study other life forms and possibly colonize on other planets. I would hope to live long enough when we colonize on another planet and meet other beings. ^0^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    There are most likely other lifeforms, and in my lifetime I doubt I'll see one, let alone meet one.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Universe consists of thousands of Galaxies. Galaxies consist of millions of stars! Let's say that each star has just one planet in it's solar system, that means there's at least 1000000000 planets in the universe!
    Yeah, I'm sure we are the only live beigns in the universe! LOL

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    It is not proven that there are other lifeforms other than us, but then again there's been no outer space explorations that humans themselves did the work not satellites. I think we are the current alive beings smart enough to survive in our daily lives. I'd want to see some kind of extraterrestrial though, but I doubt it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    There's a possibility that there's life in planets other than Earth, so I'm saying that there's such a thing as aliens; just because we can't see something doesn't mean they're not real.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    Although it's not proven that there is lifeforms yet, I believe that there will be some sort of life form out there. We just haven't seen it yet, but maybe we will. Just I don't think I'll meet one or even see one in my life time, it will be in the distant future in my opinion.

Years
    I think it naive to assume we are the only planet with life on it. I think our eyes will be opened once we have a more comprehensive and quicker form of space travel.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Yes, I think so. And I have a feeling that they are drastically different from us, so different that they would even have a different set of molecules that make up their "DNA". Not the usual A,C,T,G molecules that we are so familiar with, but something unique that works perfect with their environment. And because they would be made of different molecules with different properties, I'm guessing they would not be at all like the life we are familiar with.

Of course, they would still have to behave like life anywhere, absorbing something to use as energy and growth, and releasing excess materials left over from reactions that break down compounds.

Of course, this is all basically Sci-Fi stuff straight from my head, but I don't see why it couldn't work. :P

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Of course they're real, silly! How else do you think Jolene's fairies got their magical powers? >___>

And seriously. I think there's something creepin and crawling out there. But if there was anything significantly more intelligent than us they'd have found us by now.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    There are definitely other life forms out there. As if Earth is the only stable planet that can support life forms out there. Only recently Scientist found a planet that has or is able to have water on it, but it is too far away to confirm if it has any organisms on it. It was on the news the other day.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    And seriously. I think there's something creepin and crawling out there. But if there was anything significantly more intelligent than us they'd have found us by now.

It would be kind of hard to find us if they are light-years away on the other side of the universe......

Even if they sent out some kind of probes to find other life, they would probably be destroyed by asteroids or by running into a planet or star, because they would run out of fuel and not be able to avoid anything.

And if they were that extremely far away, even with technology we don't have they would have a hard time even seeing our planet, as how would the light reach their planet without colliding with something along the way?

I don't know any of this for sure, I'm just speculating on why they wouldn't know about us..... :o

But yeah, I think if there are intelligent extraterrestrials out there, they would avoid wasting time and resources to find life that is ridiculously far away, and instead focus on improving their own structure.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    Oh definitely. I don't think that aliens are like the ones from 'Mars Attacks' or something, haha. But I do believe that there has to be other races out there.

The universe never ends and there are zillions of galaxies and systems out there...thus, ya think we're the only ones? No way!

Now, there may have other civilizations in the past that now do not exist, or they are so far away that by the time we reach them, they'll be extinct. There could be beings out there looking for us but by the time they reach us, we're the ones that will be no longer. Who knows! Or a lifetime to one civilization could be one second to us. It's doubtful that we'll find a civilization that's pretty similar to ours.

It could happen and I hope it does!

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    Not only am I a believer in that fact that there is most likely a planet far off in our galaxy that can support human life, but I am also a believer in the multiple dimensions. I think that there are thousands of ourselves altered slightly living their lives in another dimension.

chinpoko

iternational trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2020
    Universe consists of thousands of Galaxies. Galaxies consist of millions of stars! Let's say that each star has just one planet in it's solar system, that means there's at least 1000000000 planets in the universe!
    Yeah, I'm sure we are the only live beigns in the universe! LOL
    very well said ,i was going to say the same thing but much simpler.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    More likely than not, there are probably other intelligent life forms out there considering there are so many stars and planets. Of course we probably won't ever meet any of them since they probably share a common problems like us, like travelling at the speed of light and living up to thousands of years. Let's say there are planets with aliens that are thousands of light years away, it would still mean that it would take thousands of years while travelling at the speed of light to reach them. So I presume they're just as stuck as we are on finding a way to get to each other.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    It's more likely than not that there's some form of life out there other than us. Actually, the chances of suitable planets existing to support life as we know it are so high, we'd be crazy to say there's not even alien bacteria out there. I believe that there's bound to be some form of complex life, whether they've surpassed us or not.

Come oooon Gliese 581 c.

Back