• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are FireRed/LeafGreen remakes as likely/plausible as RSE remakes?

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
  • Region Position Clarification

Anyways if they do manage to remake Kanto perhaps it'll have more features and give it some new routes (those north of it) like they did with Unova.

Sinnoh's just north of Kanto and Johto according to a statement at the top of page 155 in the first American edition of DK/BradyGAMES's Pokémon Visual Guide to the anime.

A lot of people don't have a 3DS so that would be pointless as well. I think they should do what they do with the PS2 PS3 thing. Make a separate one for DS and the 3DS.

First, double-check Nintendo's financial reports: I've heard that the 3DS is doing very well in Japan and that portable console sales usually lag behind in the rest of the world; North America and Europe will catch up to it soon enough. Plus, I bought the system soon after it launched here in the States and really want to see FRLG and/or RSE remakes. Second, have you ever thought about the possibility of 3DS-enhanced titles?

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • Sinnoh's just north of Kanto and Johto according to a statement at the top of page 155 in the first American edition of DK/BradyGAMES's Pokémon Visual Guide to the anime.

There is room for more than 2 regions between them, as each one resembles a part of the real japanese islands.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • I sure hope they don't make another game with Kanto in it at all. I am sick and tired of it. It's been remade in many Pokémon games it's unbelievable.

R/S/E remakes are what I am crossing my fingers for. No more Kanto!

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Hmm, a lot of the posts in this thread seem to be based on personal preference as opposed to whether or not FRLG remakes are as plausible as RSE ones.......

At the end of the day, Game Freak are interested in creating profitable games. I actually think GF are bound to sell more copies of FRLG remakes than RSE remakes, solely because older fans of the series who are often members of Facebook groups named "Original 151 Pokemon are the best!" or "Original 151 FTW! Liek if u agree :) xoxoxoxox" are bound to buy the games out of nostalgia (and let's face it, we've all seen those retarded FB groups), as well as true fans of the series like us lot.

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • Hmm, a lot of the posts in this thread seem to be based on personal preference as opposed to whether or not FRLG remakes are as plausible as RSE ones.......

At the end of the day, Game Freak are interested in creating profitable games. I actually think GF are bound to sell more copies of FRLG remakes than RSE remakes, solely because older fans of the series who are often members of Facebook groups named "Original 151 Pokemon are the best!" or "Original 151 FTW! Liek if u agree :) xoxoxoxox" are bound to buy the games out of nostalgia (and let's face it, we've all seen those retarded FB groups), as well as true fans of the series like us lot.

Agree,
    they would make at least as much money with gen I as gen III remakes lol.
    Which just makes me believe even more that whatever is next will be new in some way, nostalgia included or not. Plain remakes like we've seen in the past may be history (when the game is basically copy&paste with random added postgame stuff).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It's possible imo, also the tenth anniversity of Kanto is coming up in 2004 so perhaps after RSE remakes or Gen VI (whichever comes next) we might see a return to Kanto, hopefully it'll be for the 3Ds.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Technically...

Hmm, a lot of the posts in this thread seem to be based on personal preference as opposed to whether or not FRLG remakes are as plausible as RSE ones.......

Actually, what Game Freak should be doing is listening to the consumers.

Yes, there are the groups out there that somehow by making a group about the 151 original Pokémon makes them feel better. However, if they have such a big problem with anything afterwards, why can't they just play the older ones then, hmm? Think. Any newer FR/LG games would have to have something new in order for people to buy it. They don't want to buy something that is exactly the same. Therefore, Game Freak would have to change something, a "grabber" for consumers, thus ruining the nostalgia.

Also think. When was the last time they did a Hoenn remake? If you count all previous games that have Kanto, like R/B/Y, G/S, FR/LG, and lastly HG/SS, that is a lot of Kanto. Personally, too much. Remade too many times. And, games that have Hoenn are.... hm? Oh yeah. Only the ones that had it in the first place, R/S/E.

Pingouin_7

There is room for more than 2 regions between them, as each one resembles a part of the real japanese islands.

And Unova isn't based on any part of Japan, so it's entirely possible they'd make more regions based on other countries.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • And Unova isn't based on any part of Japan, so it's entirely possible they'd make more regions based on other countries.

I was talking about the regions mentioned.
    RandomDSdevel was saying that there is no room between Kanto and Sinnoh.
    Since those are based on parts of Japan, I pointed out that there is plenty of room between them.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2013
    Possibly. Even though Game Freak is not Square(Seriously, how many FFI remakes have they made?), they are still a company that is in charge of one of the most popular video-game franchises. So odds are, that they are indeed going to remake the first generation.

Even though that is certain, I still have no clue when they are going to remake it. IIRC, Gen I was released in 1996, and the FRLG remakes were released in 2004. So if there is pattern, then this puts the next release of the Gen I games in... 2012. Which is highly unlikely, as the next main series game that will most likely be released are either the RSE remakes or Gen VI. Not to mention that BW2 still hasn't been released in the West, nor has GameFreaked revealed any information related to the next game yet.

To tell the truth, if they do re-release it, I just hope they bring some changes in the Pokemon locations/trainer's Pokemon, and of course, open up more side-areas, as IMO, the Sevii were not enough.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years

• Actually, what Game Freak should be doing is listening to the consumers.

Yes, there are the groups out there that somehow by making a group about the 151 original Pokémon makes them feel better. However, if they have such a big problem with anything afterwards, why can't they just play the older ones then, hmm? Think. Any newer FR/LG games would have to have something new in order for people to buy it. They don't want to buy something that is exactly the same. Therefore, Game Freak would have to change something, a "grabber" for consumers, thus ruining the nostalgia.
    Yeah, they would have to have something new. And that something new would be updated graphics and a few new perks here and there. That would be enough for Game Freak to make millions. I'd much prefer it if they added entirely new features with loads more to offer than FRLG, but they could get by with only graphical enhancements and an updated Pokedex and people would still buy them.

Also think. When was the last time they did a Hoenn remake? If you count all previous games that have Kanto, like R/B/Y, G/S, FR/LG, and lastly HG/SS, that is a lot of Kanto. Personally, too much. Remade too many times. And, games that have Hoenn are.... hm? Oh yeah. Only the ones that had it in the first place, R/S/E.
    Again, Game Freak don't care about how many times a certain region has been featured over another. They care about money/developing good games that are profitable. RSE remakes would be largely profitable, there's no doubt about that. But FRLG remakes would unquestionably be more profitable, because like I said, there are people with nostalgia goggles glued to their face 24/7 as well as true fans of the series. But like I said, Game Freak don't care if Kanto has been featured more times than Hoenn. They care about money.

Pingouin_7

But FRLG remakes would unquestionably be more profitable, because like I said, there are people with nostalgia goggles glued to their face 24/7 as well as true fans of the series.

I would assume that those with nostalgia goggles glued to their faces 24/7 would hate any remakes and stick strictly to the original versions on GB.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    And Unova isn't based on any part of Japan, so it's entirely possible they'd make more regions based on other countries.

All the first 4 regions are in Japan.
    The last, Unova, was part of America. Since Nintendo and GameFreak USA took over pokémon.

As for FR/LG Remakes. I'd agree, kind of. I'm more of less hoping for a Yellow and Emerald remake. To give more things to do, and having to buy both games since they wouldn't be alike, even better it would give great profit to Nintendo and Gamefreak.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • I would assume that those with nostalgia goggles glued to their faces 24/7 would hate any remakes and stick strictly to the original versions on GB.
    Exactly what I was saying in my previous post. If they have a problem with, then they can GTFO the internet, and go play the GB versions. That simple.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017

Exactly what I was saying in my previous post. If they have a problem with, then they can GTFO the internet, and go play the GB versions. That simple.
    Yeah, it is "that simple". But playing a remake would make the nostalgic experience much, much better!

But I still really doubt they'll remake FR/LG. There's no point (Except they'd want to change the story, or add another region, like Johto).

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Since Nintendo and GameFreak USA took over pokémon.

Did you just make that up? Its far from being true.
    Uh, yeah. Where in the world did you obtain such information? Like what MiTjA said, that is way far from true.
    Yeah, it is "that simple". But playing a remake would make the nostalgic experience much, much better!
    Nostalgia goggles, as stated by someone else here, will obscure their desire to play remakes. If Nintendo lifts a finger and decides to change something, something different, nostalgia fans won't buy/play them, due to the fact that something has changed. Which is why I was saying they should quit whining about it over the internet and go play the original games.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i wouldnt say there would be a remake or FR/LG but there is a huge possibility pf R/S/E remakes. if only there was a way to contact nintendo to tell them we NEED a R/S/E remakes horribly bad. but oh well.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I wouldnt say there would be a remake or FR/LG but there is a huge possibility pf R/S/E remakes.
    Why, though? Why do we need RSE remakes more than FRLG? Both sets of games are as outdated as one another, so why shouldn't FRLG get remakes but RSE should?

Many people have gone with the "oh, well they're remakes themselves so they aren't needed". A lot of people are saying RSE remakes would be great as graphical updates. FRLG have exactly the same graphical qualities as RSE, so just because FRLG are remakes themselves, it doesn't mean they're less deserving of remakes.

As far as the whole "Kanto has been featured too many times" argument goes, the Kanto region has been featured in every generation bar Gen V, but the story with Red and Team Rocket under Giovanni has only been featured twice - in Gens I and III. So if we're having remake of the RSE story from Gen III, why not pair that game with a remake of the FRLG story from Gen III?

Just my two cents concerning the two most common arguments against FRLG remakes.

Back