• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are non-offensive moves useless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    My friend only uses offensive moves, she claims that moves that boost stats or inflict status conditions are useless, she is completely wrong right? Non-offensive moves are just as important as offensive moves in my opinion.

Roxas358

Nobody's Problem
    Years
    I thought that once. I was horribly, horribly mistaken. I absolutely suck at online play. Non-offensive moves aren't too helpful in the actual game, but they rock in online play.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    I thought that once. I was horribly, horribly mistaken. I absolutely suck at online play. Non-offensive moves aren't too helpful in the actual game, but they rock in online play.
    I would rephrase that say that aren't AS helpful in gameplay :) because they definitely help, if it weren't for many of my non-offensive attacks I would not have beat lance.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Are we speaking in-game or comptetively? The answer is no they are not useless in both though.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    non-offensive moves are definitely crucial to online play

does your friend battle competitively? if not, then she isnt completely wrong about in-game play

so yeah, status moves are generally needed for support and setting up for sweeps

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Non-offensive are not useless. Your friend is mistaken. Non-offensive moves are what you can get a edge in a battle. Besides, the move that all online battling teams need is Stealth Rock, which is a non-offensive move.

Also, Ninjask with Sword Dance + Speed Boost + Baton Pass = Awesome.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    Non-offensive are not useless. Your friend is mistaken. Non-offensive moves are what you can get a edge in a battle. Besides, the move that all online battling teams need is Stealth Rock, which is a non-offensive move.

Also, Ninjask with Sword Dance + Speed Boost + Baton Pass = Awesome.

btw not all online teams use stealth rock
    ehh its ninjask, its weak to stealth rock and only works against noobs who haven't seen it b4 so they don't know what to do

here is what ninjask is weak to
    swords dance lucario (break the sub with like stone edge then extremespeed next turn b4 it can sub up again)
    taunt anything
    encore anything
    stealthrock
    trick
    whirlwind
    roar
    i mean the amount of things ninjask cannot deal with just enourmous
    though when it ends in a sweep it feels really good

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    ^.
    "It isn't hard to switch to a counter and go "LOL""
    But yeah ninjask is everything weak.

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    She is completely wrong. Take her best team, and make them battle a team of walls with toxic, and see who wins.

However, if she only plays the standard storyline, she is correct, as most people have said. How many of you guys actually devise strategies for in game battles, rather than just sweep?

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    btw not all online teams use stealth rock
    ehh its ninjask, its weak to stealth rock and only works against noobs who haven't seen it b4 so they don't know what to do

here is what ninjask is weak to
    swords dance lucario (break the sub with like stone edge then extremespeed next turn b4 it can sub up again)
    taunt anything
    encore anything
    stealthrock
    trick
    whirlwind
    roar
    i mean the amount of things ninjask cannot deal with just enourmous
    though when it ends in a sweep it feels really good

Ninjask wasn't used as a sweeper. I use Sword Dance + Speed Boost, then use Baton Pass to switch off for my Salamence. Boom, Salamence has the stat boosts from Ninjask when it used Sword Dance plus the Speed from Speed boost.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Useless thread and it's getting off-topic. Everyone knows you need a combination of offensive and support/boosting moves to be successful in competitive play.

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back