• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are Shiny Pokemon really worth the effort?

Years
  • For me, it's 100% yes. I've always adored having shiny Pokemon and it's so much more exciting when you happen to stumble across one randomly. But, I did used to spend long periods of time searching for shiny Pokemon. In most cases, they look so much nicer than the original versions of the sprites and the fact that they're so rare makes it more prestigious to have them. There are times where I've been doing a challenge and I completely changed it purely because I found a shiny.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I was really excited when I caught a shiny Zangoose in White, I wasn't actively trying to find one but I was really pleased. I didn't get any more shinies in white, but when I got X someone in WT randomly traded me a shiny Sawsbuck. I felt very lucky! After that I spent a week trying to breed a shiny charmander. I really like the shiny version of charizard so I really felt happy when he hatched!

I will say, I prefer legends over shinies, but I do like the thrill of getting a shiny whether it's a trade or a caught or bred poke.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Honestly probably not however for me Shiny Hunting is a lot of fun and it is great to have a collection of my favourite Pokemon in Shiny Form.

I found a Shiny Female Ralts by accident a few weeks ago and it is one of my best moments in Pokémon games. She is now a Shiny Gardevoir. :)

The same can be said for my favourite Pokemon Lilligant which I found as a Shiny Petilil and is now at Level 100, has numerous ribbons including all the Contest Ribbons.

I keep a collection of random Legendaries which I trade for Shinys. It is nice to get a Shiny for a Pokemon I will never use.

Back