• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are there any Pokémon you'd redesign?

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    Okay, SO... Ambipom.
    When people complain about ugly gen4 evolutions, I hear about Rhyperior and Magmortar constantly. Can we take a second to discuss how AWFUL Ambipom's design is?

Like... Aipom was such an adorable design, then it evolved and became... whatever that thing is.
    My three points of contention:
    -the H A N D S, my god, the hands! Why do the hands look like balloons with nipples on em? How could they mess up the core element of it's design so horribly?! Just make them more closely resemble Aipom's tailhand, flatter and with fingers more distinct from the palm blob. That already improves it so much.

-the F A C E. Ambipom looks really dopey. For some reason, whenever I see or think of it's face, I'm reminded of Jim Carrey's character from Dumb and Dumber. The bowl cut and the grin and clueless expression just...
    I don't really know what to say for redesigning the face, but definitely take an eraser, clear it off, and try again. Anything would be better.
    Fix the nose, fix the "hair", including those random oversized cowlicks, and... I dunno, fix the eyes and mouth somehow? I dunno. I just don't like it's face! They tried making it mischievous but made it derpy.

-the COLOR PALETTE. I feel like this is the least offensive of the three issues I have with Ambipom, but still one that makes it hard to like. I dunno what it is, or why. I'm fine with Aipoms palette as is, it's a good design and adorable. But something about Ambipoms is visually unappealing to me. Maybe it's just the addition of the red to the ears and nipplefingers? Maybe. Maybe.
    Other than remove the red, I'm not sure what else to recommend for fixing Ambipom.

It's never been a Pokémon I particularly liked, but always one of my least favorite designs, right up there with Magmortar, Vanilluxe, and now Palafin Hero Mode.

So, let me just close by talking about Palafin:

IT'S AN ABOMINATION.
    I think most gen9 desgins are great, but Palafin's Hero Mode is just so dumb. I hate everything about its design. It's like All Might had a baby by f*cking an actual dolphin.

*sigh* I wish the dolphin we actually got was some design more elegantly themed. The superhero thing just felt hamfisted.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    i will just keep gen 9 out of equation and say Inceroar, i love the first two evolutions, but that... is terrific, i would make its more similar to torracat probably.
    and Probopass, shave that moustache and close those creepy eyes and i think its good to go!
    hmm i guess inteleon? its not a bad design, but i love the other gen 8 starters so much that its kinda of a let down. i would have it probably be a buffier version of drizzile.

Yeah, I agree with you on both Incineroar and Drizzile.
    I don't hate Incineroar's design by itself, but taken with it's preevolutions it really doesn't fit or make sense. Other than the colors being the same, it feels like it belongs to a completely different evolution line. I wish it stayed on four legs.

And Drizzile just felt like an cool design concept, yet was somehow underwhelming.

Back